[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've gotten into the habit of listening to only albums.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1456633705774.jpg (15 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1456633705774.jpg
15 KB, 420x420
I've gotten into the habit of listening to only albums. I never listen to individual songs anymore. Anyone else do this?
>>
/mu/ told me that I can only listen to full albums
>>
I only put on shuffle when I know I don't have the time to listen to an entire album, but besides that, nope
>>
I started doing that one I got on /mu/, but I stopped when I turned 18.
>>
>>63582143
Yep. I think it's the autism.
>>
I want rockists to leave
>>
>>63582203
So only rockists care about having a coherent listening experience? Good to know
>>
>>63582176
i guess this is intended as an epic meme troll post but this genuinely happened to me

i figure you'll grow out of it too, OP
>>
>>63582225
Op here. I'm 27.
>>
>>63582176
>>63582225
it goes in cycles spergs
>>
Only way to get the full experience

Listening to separate songs is like watching only ten minutes of a movie
>>
>>63582279
>never listened to techno
>>
>>63582290
>implying there's legitmate techno albums outside Midtown 120 Blues and Untrue
>>
>>63582143
I do this mainly because of the 5x5 threads.
>>
I do it 95% of the time. It became a habit when I started getting the bus to and from work every day a few years ago. Was about 40 minutes each way and I could never be bothered to keep skipping songs so I would just find an album to listen to.

The only exception to the 90% rule is with Godspeed You! Black Emperor. I've never actually listened to them without listening to an entire album or EP, it would feel completely wrong out of the context of the album.

I think I might be a bit autistic when it comes to music, I've been late for things in the past because I was finishing listening to an album
>>
>>63582143

That's pretty much what I do 95% of the time. It's great.
>>
>>63582303
>either of those
>techno

>you
>completely missing the point

>also ignoring funk, soul, r&b, art music and many other genres which aren't album based
>>
>>63582689
>funk, soul, r&b, art music

actual shit desu
>>
>>63582143

You'll stop doing this once your embarrassing, cunty adolescent phase is over.
>>
i genuinely believe you guys are actually too angsty to just enjoy listening to music.
>>
>>63583397
Well you could say a lot of music is more enjoyable if you're angsty. It's a lot harder to appreciate angst when you're older.
>>
>>63583451

There is a culture of craving validation and taking pridehood in whatever you listen to, you wear your taste and form like a coat, which might get in the way of your Dancing, you dig son?
>>
Partially
>>
>>63582143
I do the exact opppsite
>>
hell no. most albums only have 2 good songs
>>
>>63582143
I still do this. No other way. How can you claim to like an artist and only listen to 2-3 songs?
>>
>>63582143
I only listen songs until 60% so they are being scrobbled. Also I only listen to avant-garde and experimental artists and disable scrobbling for any artists with a RYM rating over 3.5 or /mu/core status.

Sometimes I post in collage threads to show off my great taste and call people poseurs and plebs if they're listening to critically acclaimed, /mu/core or mainstream albums.
>>
>le cohesive listening experience

*tips*
>>
I listen to full albums the first time and, assuming the album is good, there should be songs that stand just fine on their own. Even if they require the rest of the album for context I have the context because I listened to it all the way through at least once.

It's like, try a bite of the food by itself before you add salt.
>>
i listen to full albums because i've been trying to make a good concept album for two years and have made very little progress so now i'm trying to get some inspiration
>>
>>63586362
This is so fucking autistic I hope you're joking cunt.
>>
I used to download and listen to song individualy when I was 17 it was pretty pointless tho
>>
File: albumcover1.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
albumcover1.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
>>63582143

Bands rarely write an album as a cohesive experience. Concepts exist, surely, but the vast majority are a bunch of separate songs they wrote all grouped together in a release.

There's no shame picking and choosing.
>>
File: Rc9hobB.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Rc9hobB.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
>>63582203
>>63582223
ROCKISTS ARE SO ANTI-INTELLECTUAL AMIRITE?!
>>
>>63586813
They're generally speaking pretty dumb
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.