[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when the greatest album of all time finally turned 25?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Spiderland.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Spiderland.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
Where were you when the greatest album of all time finally turned 25?
>>
>no one on /mu/ wants to discuss Spiderland turning 25
Has reddit truly taken over?
>>
>>
>>63582073
FUCK
OFF BY ONE FUCKIGN DAY
JESUS
>>
>>63581953
Listening to Shipping News.
>>
Isn't it tomorrow?
>>
>>63582048
What is there to discuss? We all know it's the best album of all time. There is nothing to discuss.
>>
>>63581953
Laughing Stock isn't 25 yet
>>
>>63582048
Because it's not that great of an album

P.S. reddit has a boner for this album so you discussing makes you look like the retard
>>
Pretty sure Pet Sounds is 50 this year bro
>>
>>63583047
> reddit has a boner for this album
So does /mu/
>>
>>63582971
Yeah, and it's not a good album either
>>
>>63583209
I can't even fathom how much of a pleb you must be if you hold this opinion.
>>
>>63583220
It is good but it is no spiderland. Spiderland doesnt have any of the problems post rock usually has which makes it leagues above laughing stock
>>
>>63583551
What does that mean? What problems does Laughing Stock have? It's definitely comparable to Spiderland (a lot better, imo)
>>
dead
>>
>>63582971
Not even the best post-rock album
>>63583209
But it's definitely not shit. Fuck off
>>
It's the 27th in New Zealand
Fuck yeah
>>
>>63583890
What is? If you say Godspeed or Hex or something prepare to have your opinion dropped
>>
not the best album of all time
>>
>>63583905
Best post-rock album is Spiderland you fool. Laughing Stock is up there but it's not number one
>>
>>63584135
b u t i t ' s n o t
>>
So is the anniversary on the 26th or 27th? Official Facebook page says the former while other sources say the latter.
>>
>>63583551
laughing stock doesn't have any of the problems that plague modern post-rock
except Ascension Day has an extended crescendo, but it works in the context of the album and is only done once
>>
chances are, if an album is praised unanimously by a whole community, it's just some middle of the road bullshit (just like spiderland)
>>
>>63584945
Also, it was basically the first example of the crescendo thing in that context, it's only other bands taking it too far and overusing it that ruined it.
>>
>>63582073
No on their Twitter and Facebook they say today. I'm going to take their word over wiki's. Wiki is wrong.
>>
>>63584626
I'm gonna take slints word for it and say it's today. I mean it's their album so they aught to know.
>>
>>63583047
Reddit doesn't have a boner for anything that isn't dadrock or video game soundtracks tho.
>>
Just a reminder that the youngest member of the band was 18 when this was recorded and the oldest was 22.
>>
>>63583890
It definitely is the best m8
>>
>>63583047
reddit literally copies /mu/ and then adds stupid shit like muse
>>
>>63586041
it sounds like it
>>
>>63586140
it's not even their best, spirit of eden is
>>
If the album really did come out on the 26th and not the 27th like the wiki says, then I was born on the same day as Spiderland
>>
>>63586289
on Touch and Go's website, it also says the 26th.
I wonder who got the 27th date and posted on wikipedia.
>>
will a totally no-homo listenalong happen?
>>
>>63586659
I hope so
>>
>>63586698
if it doesn't, let's just plan one
>>
>>63586289
Happy birthday anon
>>
Sitting on my bed.
>>
>>63584988
Your dismissal of it proves that it doesn't appeal across the board
>>
I'm tired of talking about this album
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.