[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listening to black metal in friends car >"hey this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1458198029540.jpg (50 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1458198029540.jpg
50 KB, 400x534
>listening to black metal in friends car
>"hey this actually sounds really great"
>vocals come on
>mfw

why do they have to ruin it? is there any good bands who make good black metal instrumentals without muh shrieks?
>>
well executed black metal shrieks are literally the best though
>>
>>63577166
maybe i've heard shit BM then

care to share some of your favorites dearest anonymous?
>>
>>63577196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
>>
>>63577216
well meme'd my good man
>>
>>63577196
personally I think Wrest of Leviathan is a pretty good vocalist
>>
>>63577196
it may also be that you're not really used to harsher vocals. I know that it took me a while to really start enjoying the more extreme varieties of metal vocals, you kinda need to acclimatize yourself to it before you can start to tolerate or even enjoy the vocals.
>>
>>63577379
any bands/artists you'd suggest?
Nargaroth has comfy instrumentals
>>
>>63577407
Personally I got used to harsh vocals through death metal, so by the time I became interested in black metal I was already a fan of harsher vocals. Slugdge is a death metal band with some black influence that use a variety of metal vocal techniques. They're also really fun and make songs about cosmic slugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDtiHZcazQ8
>>
A lot of BM musicians have astounding technical ability but there's almost always some long hair skinny jeans twat throat growling ruining the whole thing
>>
>>63577543
that's what i mean
why can't they just drop these cunts
they are basically memes at this point and serve no purpose for the genre
>>
>>63577196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwZZQwnUlw
I know some people consider symphonic stuff very fedora or whatever but I enjoy Limbonic Art's vocals
>>
Ulver has sung vocals and they're GOAT
Personally it's something you just got to get used to if you want to get into Black Metal
>>
>>63577216
welcome back, seth putnam
>>
>>63577154
If you can't get Dean Blunt's vocals, too bad for you
>>
listen to refused - shape of punk to come

its not metal, but it helped me get used to harsh vocals. u might wanna start with hardcore punk to slowly inch into it like my cock into your mom, however if you want the fast route just listen to refused
>>
>>63578827
Yeah, this is actually great advice. Dennis Lyxzen is a great harsh vocalist.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.