[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is his best album by a long shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: a0897080833_10.jpg (361 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
a0897080833_10.jpg
361 KB, 900x900
This is his best album by a long shot
>>
>>63571277
I agree.
>>
>>63571277
>>63571290
So do I.
>>
That album is clearly Sufjan being heavily influenced by Merriweather Post Pavillion (came out the year before). Still a great one though
>>
Definitely. Far ahead of its time, even still.
>>
File: Enjoy your Rabbit.jpg (114 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Enjoy your Rabbit.jpg
114 KB, 900x900
Patrician coming through.
>>
>>63571335
lmfao you are a huge fucking pleb shut up faggot
>>
>>63571335
what the fuck
>>
I didn't quite like the mixing.
>>
I like Sufjan's electronic work (Age of Adz) indie work (A Sun Came) and his baroque pop stuff (Illinois) but I can't stand his singer-songwriter stuff (Seven Swans, Carrie and Lowell).
>>
>>63572095
Do you like world's end girlfriend?
>>
>>63572229

Did you like Michigan?
>>
>>63571277
Have you listened to All Delighted People?
>>
>>63571277

>not Illinois

also inb4 C&L unironically kys if you think that's his best
>>
>>63572229
Yeah man listen to Michigan, ease from the baroque pop sound of Illinois into the singer songwriter material. It's pretty much the midpoint. And it is one of his best.
>>
>>63573157
Everything Sufjan has released from 2010 and onwards is better than Illinoise
>>
>>63572095
Fucking love this album. A few tracks are hit or miss, but the majority of it is just fucking amazing. Still sounds ahead of it's time today.

>>63573157
I could see a very strong argument that C&L is his best album lyrically. It's one of his best, but I wouldn't say it is his best album overall. He's got too much other great material to say that.
>>
>>63573385

John Wayne Gacy Jr. has better lyrics than literally anything on C&L. it's more emotional too. C&L is watered down generic whiny indie rock, no better than Mumford And Sons or Arctic Monkeys. It's a complete sellout album and it makes perfect since that publications like Pitchfork would overhype it and overpraise it after ignoring his better, previous works.
>>
Futile Devices and The Tallest Man are his best songs
>>
>>63573628
>not I Want to Be Well and Djohariah
>>
>>63573628
nope, Impossible Soul / I Want to Be Well

also Now That I'm Older
>>
My fav, but I'd say Illinois is better.
>>
>>63571335
sophisticated bait
>>
>>63571335
Oh god, I hope this is bait.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.