[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Franz Ferdinand so underrated, /mu/? This is a great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Why is Franz Ferdinand so underrated, /mu/?

This is a great song and a brilliant video. Films that have made millions don't have half the artistic merit of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5L5McaBAY
>>
>>63567075
they aren't underrated at all

that song was top of the charts when it came out

you'd know how big they used to be if you weren't either underage or american
>>
>>63567075
>underrated

these words have no meaning. they were the critics darlings for years. but i guess at some point they just weren't all that. lots of flash, few good songs.
>>
I love em to death.
Franz Ferdinand>The Strokes
>>
>>63567121
It got used in an iPhone commercial, I knew that shit. They've got more to them than what they get treated as is all.

>>63567130
I don't remember critics darlings, though I generally avoid reviews of anything anymore. Great flash, and a couple of great songs. I think they put in way more than they get credit for.
>>
>>63567075
I thought the sister song was much better
https://youtu.be/zYAw_JHLl-w
>>
>>63567236
m8 they headlined Glastonbury at the height of their fame

also they were all over NME and the BBC for like 5 years, they definitely got what they deserved to say the least

>>63567339
this and Eleanor Put Your Boots On are my favourites from them desu
>>
>>63567355
>this and Eleanor Put Your Boots On are my favourites from them desu
same. Both are sweet.
>>
>>63567075
>a video of a band playing the song with some girls with cameras walking around them
>any sense of artistic merit
Franz Ferdinand are also shitty lad-rock.
>>
>>63567339
I agree t's a better song, definitely. I just realized how well done the video is.

>>63567355
Shit, guess I was just looking the other way at the time. That's fair. I just never see or hear anyone discussing their lyricism or anything; I always just see "Yeah they're good" in passing anymore, and it's odd to me. A lot of people seem to get more praise for less.
>>
>>63567383
they were probably the best thing to come out of the >"post punk revival" period
>>
>>63567490
which just shows how awful that period was
>>
>>63567075
They're decent I guess
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.