[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Synth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: korgmicrokorg2.gif (29 KB, 350x161) Image search: [Google]
korgmicrokorg2.gif
29 KB, 350x161
Looking to get into keyboard and synthesizing, any good synth recommendation.
>>
The roland jd -xi is great, and cost almost the same that the old microkorg
>>
>>63562754
Microkorg sucks. Only four voices for a digital synth is pathetic.
>>
>>63563009
In fairness it is an old synth and was pretty groundbreaking at the time in terms of small synths that pack a punch, a good alternative is the mininova
>>
Problem is I'm in Canada and everything costs a fuck ton cause of our dollar
>>
File: rolandju06.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
rolandju06.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
These are only a little more expensive than a microkorg but you'd need a midi controller.

Anyone know how they compare to the 106? I'm not sure if I should get one of these or save up a little more for a juno 106 or 60 or something
>>
>>63564312
bump, i have the same question
>>
>>63562754
the new analogue synth korg just released is in the same price range as the microkorg so just get that
otherwise go for a cheap virtual analogue synth from the late 90s-early 2000s. I personally really like the alesis ion, but it really comes down to how much you like the sound of the synth.
>>
>>63562754

MicroKorg sounds fucking great for VA synth. A classic, very versatile yet simple, hard to make sound bad. Onboard effects are simple.

Mininova is same price but more complex, better if you like tweaking/programming.

No opinions from me on the Roland stuff, but if you look at youtube there are some reviews where they pull out the original synths and compare sounds - SonicState at least.
>>
>>63562754
Novation Mininova is taking the place of the microkorg
>>
>>63562754
>>63563009
keys are complete and utter shit. i bought one in high school and returned it the next day.

>>63564996
alesis ion is a keyboard not many people know about, but those that have it cannot give enough praise. its super easy to work on, 4 part multi-timbral and has lots and lots of knobs for comparable boards in that price range.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.