[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you explain to someone why TMR is good? Alternatively,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159 KB, 300x300
How do you explain to someone why TMR is good? Alternatively, how do you get someone to start enjoying it?
>>
"like this or you're a pleb"

works every time
>>
First time I listened to it I was more intrigued then having fun
Then in future listens I didn't like it as much
It's been a while since I last listened to it so I don't know how I'd react now
So yeah, what I'm saying is that the shock value made me enjoy it more for the first time than next listens
>>
>>63556787
Focus on each instrument line individually. The rythms are very free, and this is the best way to start listening to free jazz if you're having trouble imo
>>
>>63556711

Play it regularly. Eventually Paducho's Cadaver will haunt you in your sleep and you'll get it. The album is hilarious, full of insane jams, and has about the same relation to the blues as the current hip hop artists you faggots worship today has to funk and r&b. He took a palette of a music everyone was familiar with (the blues) and turned it into something else entirely. The man's a genius and a visionary. Quit going full pleb by trying to compare this to a party album.
>>
>>63556711
>How do you explain to someone why TMR is good?

why would you do that ?

>how do you get someone to start enjoying it

why do you want to start enjoying it ?
>>
>>63556711
listen to the vetarans day poppy
>>
real simple:

allow them to exist in a universe in which troutmask replica also exists.

this way, they have the option of discovering it if they so choose.
>>
FAST AND BULBOUS
>>
>>63556711
but it's not good

you got meme'd on son
>>
Honestly if you didn't like it as soon as Frownland started you're a fucking plen m8
>>
>>63557636
That's right, the mascara snake
>>
smiles as sweet as horny
>>
>>63556711
I just liked it the first time I heard it, normally with an album like this it takes a few listens, but I liked it instantly. Have no idea why.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.