[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about neoneoclassical?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: folder.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
How do you feel about neoneoclassical?
>>
I like it but I've literally only listened to >63553257 and Hosianna Mantra. Where to go next? Any charts?
>>
>>63553353
I like Stars of the Lid- And their refinement and Moondog s/t a lot.
>>
>>63553416
Thanks m8 I'll check them out!
>>
>>63553257
"Neoclassical" means writing in the classical style. The Classical PERIOD style. So in the style of Mozart, Haydn, and maybe early Beethoven.

The only real neoclassical music is Stravinsky's neoclassical period.

This is neoclassical:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6Qks8oLvQ&list=PLD42F924B31DCB91A

as for neoneoclassical. It doesn't exist.
>>
>>63553589
Pretty sure most people mean modern music with classical/ symphonic elements not a history lesson. Wiki their pages it's listed as is.
>>
>>63553641
most popular music has "classical" and "symphonic" elements though.

So anything with strings counts as "neoclassical" so Beatles are neoclassical? so Britney Spears is neoclassical?

I prefer to use terms correctly and not sink to the plebs level of "it sounds right, so therefor is right"
>>
>>63553257
Would you consider Nils Frahm, Peter Broderick and Olafur Arnalds as neoneoclassical?
>>
>>63553974
they're more like "contemporary classical lite"
>>
>>63553416
Which moondog s/t are you referring to, the 1956 one or the 1969 one
>>
SotL is my jam. Haven't been able to find anything that compares. Any suggestions other than Winged Victory?
>>
>>63554431
bump asking this same question and where to go with AWVFTS
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.