[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Alvvays the future of indie-pop? Is this the greatest po
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: molly rankin 2.jpg (91 KB, 497x747) Image search: [Google]
molly rankin 2.jpg
91 KB, 497x747
Is Alvvays the future of indie-pop?

Is this the greatest pop song of the past 10 years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAn3JdtSrnY
>>
They're good but they are clearly just the current indie pop buzz band.

A few years back it was Best Coast. There's always one of these at any given moment.

Archie is also really overrated.
>>
reply to this post or your mother will die tonight
>>
>>63547790
Best Coast is only about California and shit.

Alvvays actually sounds like a mix of some really good music.

REM, The Smiths, Oasis, The Cranberries

Also some shoegazey shit
>>
>>63547840
fuck you
>>
>>63547760
Montie why are you such a fucking pleb?

Is it really that hard for you to listen to good music? Are you just lazy?
I mean come on.
>>
>>63547956
I like indie pop.

I guess thats2pleb4u

I could care less for industrial and stuff like The Residents.
Its just not muh thing
>>
>>63547840
mommy :c
>>
>>63547840
fds
>>
>>63548022
daddy
>>
>>63547844
That doesn't counter my point.

They're just another entry in a long line of slightly noisy indie pop bands promoted for a short duration and then forgotten.
>>
>>63547760
This band played right before we did at Corona Capital. First time hearing them and I fell head over heels in love with their sound. Been trying to tour with them ever since but it's never working out.

What happened next is a story for the ages. 3 bottles of Mezcal and an 8th of shrooms later, I worked up the courage to talk to the lead singer. Turns out she had no idea who Amelia Fletcher is or what K Records was. I was highly disappointed. We kicked it for a while and then I started cursing out random people and kicking over flower pots. I picked a fight with a security guard and ended up getting jumped by 10-20 police officers in front of everyone in the artist village (Father John Misty and Ryan Adams were there too). Needless to say, I made a complete ass out of myself and I got the shit kicked out of me. I've been banned from drinking Mezcal on tour ever since.
>>
>>63549158
oh my fucking god dude are you serious

do you really not care anymore? do you really not care after what Marcel did to you? are you just going to keep posting on here until forever?
>>
>>63547840
Immunity cat is with me.
Immunity cat is always with me.
>>
>>63549158
Lol nice one.
>>
>>63547760
MOLLY, MARRY ME
>>
>>63549158
Damn, that's wild.
>>
>>63547760

Really? This is the album you've all been gloating about like the second coming of indie-pop?

This is reverb filled saccharine horse shit.
>>
>>63547760
That's not even close to their best song. Adult Diversion, Next of Kin, Atop a Cake, New Haircut are all superior.
>>
>>63549158
I was there. Me and my friend actually missed marry me archie because we rushed to see you.
We kept screaming "Devin-chan" but you never answered :(
>>
File: 1451353988385.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1451353988385.png
79 KB, 250x238
>>63547760
im assuming this is a joke
there's no way you're serious man
>>
>>63547760
I mean its decent, but the aesthetic is SO played out
>>
>>63549158
New pasta.

Thanks
>>
>>63547840
sorry mom
>>
>>63549158
what band are you in
>>
>>63549195
He posts every so often desu even after the whole marcel thing

>>63550477
Bassist of DIIV
>>
>>63547760
I need to see that ass in those pants
>>
>>63547840
why do you do this

But ya, Alvvays is great. The album was one of my favorites from 2014.
>>
>>63547982
I'm fine with indie pop. I just hate that it, along with folk rock and upbeat light-sounding indie rock, is the only alternative music that seems to get any popularity and airplay on radio stations. And when I say radio stations, I'm not just talking about regular FM radio. I'm including the internet radio stations. Just listen to the Today's Alternative station on Pandora and you'll see what I mean.

This also brings me to ask something regarding alternative music. So I was born in 1996 so I don't remember anything about the 90s and was not alive to experience the 80s. What I've been noticing is that a lot of the alternative music from those decades seems to be darker and harder-sounding. Like in the 80s there was goth, post-punk, and the rise of industrial. And in the 90s you had grunge, industrial, and other dark and hard aggressive alternative rock. So what I want to ask to people who actually lived in these decades is: am I correct in thinking this or I am just getting a distorted, filtered view of things?
>>
nah but i'd fuck her in the mouth
>>
>>63550694
this desu senpai
>>
>>63547840
mem
>>
>>63547840
why
>>
>>63547760
wtf is up with this board
a few months ago a lot of the popularity was from the qt nostalgic feels invoked by the song

now they're being pushed as being this big thing out of nowhere
>>
>>63549158
I feel like you should start doing videos about music ala Chris Ott. I would love to see it happen.
>>
>>63551069
Its because of the backlash in general to "p4k" artists.
>>
>>63547840
hlqpawe
;c
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.