[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can music be progressed any further?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
Can music be progressed any further?
>>
Of course
What I'm really looking forward to is it going in reverse
>>
can you progress yourself any further?
>>
>>63519442
This
>>
yeah. like for example why are there no dance instruments? like in which the motion itself would created sound waves
>>
>>63519429
Of course.This is just the beginning.People couldn't even dream about all the technology and knowledge we have now.
>>
Not when this masterpiece exists.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs8JMsmQn-Q
>>
Yes my boy when Kanye releases TurboGrafx-16 it will
>>
>>63519429
not with all them plens around
>>
Everything in the future will just be a derivative of what is being made now so nothing will really move forwards
>>
File: goosepipe.jpg (28 KB, 541x644) Image search: [Google]
goosepipe.jpg
28 KB, 541x644
well the bar is set p high desu senpai.

mouse organs were the all time high point of music imo
>>
>>63519557
Unless new instruments will appear. Progess in music was always after new instruments & devices appeared (electric guitar, electric bass guitar, pedals, amps, synths, samplers, drum machines, DAWs, VSTs, etc).
>>
>>63519624
We're already at the highest level of technology that musical insttuments can go. What new instruments are people going to make, a fart emulator? A guitar that meows when it's plucked?

Just because it happened before doesn't mean it'll happen again. Don't be a fucking retard.
>>
>>63519429
Yes, I'm telling you, Electric Slack Key Polka Blues have yet to become mainstream.
>>
>>63519788
this t b h f a m
>>
>>63519788
>we will never progress any farther in technology
People have been thinking this since before cars were invented, don't be so arrogant
>>
>>63519788
lmao. an drone bass bagpipe made of giraffe

and thats just from the top of my head. theres still plenty of micromusic instruments to be made. brainwaves synch technology opens a whole new field of musical experiments ... the list can go on
>>
>>63519788
Don't be so arrogant. New instruments will appear, like it or not. At the beginning of the previous century nobody had an idea about synths and yet these days it's normal to make music by manipulating electricity.

Basically, don't be a fucking retard. Technology didn't even reach 10% of its potential.
>>
>>63519832
Where is my flying car? Submersible car? Car that can dig underground? Oh thats right, we still just have normal cars you moron.

>>63519856
That sounds like some dumb shit only a mentally deficient mouthbreather would play for his friends while they sniff glue in his garage.
>>
>>63519429
It was always right where it is.
>>
I'm looking forward to scientifically-designed music.

As in, music created by neurologists to have a specific effect.
>>
>>63519884
I can make a new jungle gorilla bongo that raps with autotune but it doesn't mean that music will move forward. In fact it may already be starting to regress since so many people just steal old songs, themes, and ideas.
>>
File: Shangri-La_(Sonny_Stitt_album).jpg (17 KB, 315x317) Image search: [Google]
Shangri-La_(Sonny_Stitt_album).jpg
17 KB, 315x317
nope. it peaked 40 years ago
>tfw 40 years ago isn't the 60's anymore
>>
how about a new stereo systems with like over 9000 channels and speakers to make the sound experience way more spatial in nature?

the music would have to be written and produced specificaly to this sytem tho
>>
I-Doser is the next step in music
>>
In the future you're gonna put on a helmet which uses magnetic waves to simulate all of your sensory nerves in rhythmic fashion. This is the evolution of literally "feeling" music.
>>
>>63520444
you don't even need a helmet. the technology to do so on a distance already exists from what i know
>>
>>63519429
Nope. To Pimp A Butterfly is the ceiling
>>
ask mc ride faggo
>>
>>63519624
>Unless new instruments will appear.
It's called circuit bending
>>
>>63519429
Music is infinite but culture isn't
>>
I think digital audio engineering still has a ways to go, they'll find new ways to digitally simulate real instruments and create new types of sounds. Like the other guy said, progress always follows a new instrument. There'll be more trends in the future like autotune in the 00s.
>>
>>63522425
I mean totally new instruments. I don't know exactly what instruments, maybe some quantum shit or something we can't imagine now. Ffs, the humanity will probably exist for many thousands of years. Who knows what stuff will be discovered by then.

Plus the progression is exponential: it took millions of years to discover a proper usage of the electricity but only some decades to invent computers, mobile phones, electric guitars, synths, satellites and internet.
>>
>>63522588
You don't know what you're talking about. You're just some naive idiot speculating about shit way beyond his understanding.
>>
>>63522716
for someone on a music board, youre not very creative/imaginative

wheres your child like sense of wonder anon?
>>
>>63519474
What are theramins you cunt?
>>
>>63522716
You're stupid as fuck. Read more, you goddamn ignorant.
>>
>>63522805
You can't even spell. Read all you want but a moron like you will never learn.
>>
Not with rap and sjw cucks around
>>
>>63522860
You're hopeless. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1458745207453.jpg (19 KB, 420x354) Image search: [Google]
1458745207453.jpg
19 KB, 420x354
>>63522805
> read more

The quintessential pseudo intellectual rebuttal
>>
>>63522962
Right, if you post a picture from The Simpsons your post will become automatically true. Pseudo intellectual imbecile.
>>
>>63522962
little insecure, are we now?
>>
New stuff will happen cause it hasn't been done, but as for sounds themselves, we can already make literally any sound imaginable with synthesis. So even if new instruments appear they will likely just be different controllers.
>>
>>63519429
Not until someone taps into the power of MICROTONES
>>
>>63523087
no but you are, feeling the need to reply to every post I make like a cuck
>>
yes

listen to raster noton, a lot of the sounds in their releases weren't even possible to make 15 years ago
>>
>>63519903
>flying car
Airplane
>submersible car
Submarine
>we still have "normal" cars
Cars have changed very much in the last 100 years, seat belts, air bags, radios, rear view mirrors on the passenger side, back seats, trunks built in to cars

And in the same way cars were innovated, instruments were innovated, but the guitar of the future might not be a guitar at all, in the same way we don't have flying cars, we have planes instead, we may not have a "new" type of guitar, just a different instrument
>>
>>63523436
And before you say it, I'm aware that cars were invented after airplanes and submarines, but they had a different purpose, which is kind of the metaphor I was making in my last post
>>
Define progress.
>>
>>63523436
Yes, that right. The future isn't always predictible. Imagine the nightmare traffic with flying cars... Worse than the 5th Element.

Things change subtly but steadily. Right now the big talking points are self-driving cars and the superior AI.
>>
Yes the forefront of modern music is called "new complexity"

Check out Ferneyhough

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xANR6U5CLG8
>>
>>63523250
>raster noton
from what I've heard (alva noto and kangding ray), there's nothing particularly new about their releases
>>
>>63519429

You're a mad scientist kek!!
>>
>>63523884
wow that sounds like shit
>>
>>63523884
how is serialism at the forefront of anything? this is as much revivalism as the White Stripes
>>
>all these fags saying music peaked decades ago
Electronic music is where it's @.
In 30 years your kids will discuss what is the best trance artist of all time while you dicuss what your fathers had around.

It's just sad that most people don't enjoy our current musical situation & instead just praise what was already done. Whilist being rap & hip hop the only generes currently getting any public praise around. s a d f a m s
>>
>>63524701
>Electronic music is where it's @
sure, because it takes lots of skill to mash buttons and twist knobs, right? electronic "music" is only impressive for the uneducated masses
>>
>>63524701
>trance

come on man. Trance is shit.

>>63524782
LAMO what a faggot. do you really believe that??
>>
>>63524782
nice b8
>>
>>63524800
>>63524841
how am i baiting? do you really think there's artistry involved in download a fl studio crack and making beats or "experimental drone music"? it's just a bunch of talentless teens with soundcloud accounts who think they're musicians. people with actual talent are either composing extreme metal or classical music
>>
>>63519474
>like for example why are there no dance instruments?
some guy already made a tron like suit that do that
>>
>>63524098
kangding ray is easily the worst shit on the label, listen to grischa lichtenberger
>>
>>63519474
you could think of every instrument in this way.
especially percussion instruments
>>
>>63519509
laff
>>
one day, the Lifehouse concept will become a reality.
>>
All eyes are on Kanye right now. We need him to change the game once again, because it looks like nobody else is going to.
>>
File: tumblr_kt7ejtuWyI1qzei88o1_400.jpg (42 KB, 354x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kt7ejtuWyI1qzei88o1_400.jpg
42 KB, 354x270
>>63519429
>do a poo in a bin
>record that shit on your phone
>burn in onto a CD then burn that CD in a fireplace and record that
>burn said recording onto a floppy disk and mail it to yourself
>slathered in reverb
>soaked in delay
>slammed with flange
>slowed down and sped up simultaneously
>snippets of reality tv shows from Turkmenistan weaved into the mix
>vocals from my deaf friend who has just been gifted with hearing and is singing along with some confield by autechre; the first album he has ever heard
>get a vinyl edition of the now finished recording pressed, give it some wacky name, cover it in faeces and bury it in a forest in rural Vermont
>wait for aeons until it is uncovered and hailed as a lost masterpiece

Congratulations you have progressed music
>>
>>63524923
the bait is strongggg

seriously, you are a fucking dumbass. a computer can make any sound imaginable and execute it with exact precision every time, and you think a bunch of people dicking around on instruments, using the same 12 notes and timbres that have been used for hundereds of years, hold a candle to that?
>>
>>63524923
>>63525616
not to mention computers offer a superior dynamic range
>>
>>63524923
almost had me until extreme metal
>>
nothing can be compressed further
we're on the edge of post-scarcity and mass atrocities
the theme music should be merzbow or something
only then can we reach pure utopia and music will have no point because you'll be experiencing literally the most pleasure you can ever feel consistently, art and expression will be useless

>u heard it here first senpai
>>
>>63525187
this
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.