[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hip-Hop AOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 600x600
Hip-Hop AOTY
>>
>>63516147
Not even hip hop album of the month.
It's alright but they still have yet to live up to better off dead.
>>
How

I loved Better Off Dead but 3001 was cringey as fuck. For fuck's sake the last like 8 minutes of the album are them playing fucking fan voicemails.

>nah dude but they played the ones that said "fuck you" too so they aren't being assholes

Ya that shit was terrible. Terrible idea. Best part of the album, which has become a FZ trend, is the production. Eric did a nice job, and Meech had some great bars here and there. Juice was miserably bad for most of the project and tried to cover it up by rapping his shitty bars fast
>>
>>63516777
>>63516907
looks like rational people showed up before I did
>>
>>63516907
pretty on point

Enjoyed the album, but it's forgettable. I still listen to betteroffdead regularly, doubt I'll revisit more than a few songs from 3001
>>
This cover is so inappropriate for the blandness that is the album's actual content. Can you imagine if the sonic qualities matched the art on the cover?
>>
ITT people that have never smoked or done LSD
The album is great, it's just that everyone expects a Better off Dead 2, while they really tried to set a different, more chill vibe. I agree that the cover doesn't correspond to the overall sound even though it's dope
>>
more like snooze fest of the year amirite fellas
>>
>>63518142
Having smoked or done acid doesn't put you some enlightened higher level, what are you 15?

That being said I'm this guy>>63516907
And I've smoked routinely for years and done acid twice, not that that shit matters. It's concerning that you think this is some sort of pioneering chill rap album and calls to question how much hip hop you've actually heard.

I was able to accept that 3001 would be a chill album completely unlike BOD right from the start because they make it ridiculously obviously with the cringeworthy opener that leads directly into one of the most stale unoriginal beats on the album that makes me laugh just thinking about it.

And FBZ just aren't as good on chill beats as they are attacking an aggressive beat with raw bars. Meech's voice isn't conducive to it AT ALL. He basically rips through every instrumental completely knocking you out of any drug-induced haze you may enveloped yourself in. And Juice just rapped like shit. Compared to BOD's actually clever bars, 3001 is full of stale, meaningless bars about how they spend their day. Where's the substance?
>>
FZ is a joke
Have any of you goofs listened to Demo of Flames yet?
>>
Meech's best verse was on that old Mackned tape
Fuck fbz tho
>>
>>63518332
Well first of let's get this straight FBZ never have been the best lyricists and it's clear they don't concentrate on substance and you can't say they've made really thoughtprovoking or intricate rhymes, rather they rely mostly on a vibe of the project.Noone has actually commented on the great transitition of the sound from fly away and ascension. Too bad most people just don't feel the music, rather concentrate on how "cringy" something is because of muh elitist /mu/ taste.
>>
File: 1458665886316.jpg (26 KB, 617x411) Image search: [Google]
1458665886316.jpg
26 KB, 617x411
>>
>>63518588
You're really gonna call me an elitist when I already said I'm a fan? You're fucking delusional. And Better Off Dead was not about the vibe at all, it was a very politically charged project. Do you even listen to the lyrics? If you don't that would explain how you found this bearable
>>
>>63518142
>>63518588

>>63517169 here, trip and smoke regularly. Just because they make shallow as fuck music under the guise of 'psychedelia', a concept that has never been fulfilled in hip-hop, doesn't mean that you have to be high to appreciate this nor does it mean you have to appreciate it BECAUSE you smoke/trip

you sound underage.
>chill
>vibe
>dope
>ascension
>'feel the music'

>>>/r/hhh
>>
>>63519272
I'm not the one being delusional here if you actually think that Better Off Dead was politically charged. Do I have to quote songs like MRAZ, Nephilim, GNB, Drug Parade. Whatever, this is going nowhere. Agree to disagree, let's just enjoy the music
>>
>>63516147
>AOTY
This album was boring. Untilted Unmastered blew this out of the water and it was a collection of unreleased tapes lmao
>>
>>63519403
I'm not saying you have to be high to appreciate it, I just wanted to point out that /mu/ elitists such as yourself are so devoid of passion for the music
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 400x400
>>63519403
I agree. Exactly what I was telling him. Except
>psychedelia, a concept that has never been fulfilled in hip hop

False
>>63519408
That doesn't make the whole fucking thing political, it just had a lot of social/political commentary, idiot. Of course they also talked about what they always talk about
>>
>>63519459
>I dislike a project I found to be uninteresting
>get called elistist
actually how? I thought BOD was one of the best albums of 2014 and was generally excited about 3001. why is my opinion not valid and yours is? why am I not allowed to be critical?

just because you really like an album pretty much everyone else thinks is mediocre doesn't mean you get to preach. get off your phone and pay attention in your algebra class
>>
I liked it when that guy called them faggots at the end
>>
>>63519539
> I thought BOD was one of the best albums of 2014
>it came out 2013
Goes to show how full of shit you are and how little attention you've actually payed to the group. I love biggoted /mu/tants that love to call people underage, but really come off shallow and close minded
>>
File: tim.jpg (179 KB, 1200x836) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
179 KB, 1200x836
The album is great on acid. Their producer clearly knows his shit. Leary would definitely be proud.
>>
>>63520077
I'm fucking dying over here

I get the date wrong by one year, and I'm
>full of shit
>bigoted
>shallow
>close-minded
you are so fucking pathetic it hurts
>>
File: freakout.jpg (109 KB, 573x410) Image search: [Google]
freakout.jpg
109 KB, 573x410
I can't wait until hip hop discovers DMT.
>>
This cover makes it look like the kind of shit black weaboos listen to.

>>63518142
>>63520143
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>63520184
> weed
> 2016

we off that
>>
>>63520178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMt_5DRpeM

enjoy
>>
>>63520212
Okay, Ab Soul is with the shits. I'm into it.
>>
>>63518142
>ITT people that have never smoked or done LSD
>dickriding this much

The album is trash and if you need drugs to say otherwise you're just a teenager.

Experienced DMT user saying that this is bullshit.

Meech is cool and eric can produce but the project is just a mess
>>
>>63520282
Your attitude is quite the contrary to those who have used and experienced psychedelics. Lose your ego. Again.
>>
Dude the album title has laced in it so CLEARLY you have to do LSD then listen to it, DUH like how can you enjoy this otherwise
>>
>>63516147
>>63518142
>>63518588
>>63519459
>>63520077
>>63520306
we may have found the saddest fangirl on /mu/ fellas
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.