[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this really that bad? Also, where are those new EPs Kevin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Is this really that bad? Also, where are those new EPs Kevin mentioned?
>>
File: 1450316196556s.jpg (2 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
1450316196556s.jpg
2 KB, 120x120
>tfw your happiest memory on /mu/ was staying up with everyone waiting for m b v to be released and then listening to it for the first time along with everyone and realising it was fucking brilliant

but yes that EP would be nice senpai
>>
i fucking love this album
>>
>>63509302
It took Kevin 22 years to make an album. I predict at least 8 for an EP.
>>
So did scaruffi trash this album just because he wanted another loveless?
>>
>>63509302
who said it's bad????
>>
>>63509340
That was a great night. Also that last successful mixtape thread and Burritogate night.
>>
First half is just weak Loveless outtakes, the rest is just weak

In Another Way is the best song they ever recorded though, Wonder 2 is also pretty great
>>
>>63509456
explain what's wrong with only tommorow
>>
>>63509688
>Hey guys, remember Loveless?
>>
>>63509864
it doesn't sound a whole lot like loveless (it's notably less noisy and the guitar work is a little more varied to make up for it) and also i don't see what's wrong with sounding like it at times
>>
there was no way this was going to live up to being Loveless 2 but its still pretty good imo 8/10
>>
>>63509302
bad? mbv is pretty solid. it just had huge expectations. it's a pretty solid record, it's definitely up there with loveless/isn't anything, although a slight step below.
>>
i like it more than loveless
>>
I have personally talked to Kev and he said the EP's are 'on the way', as are decent remasters of IA and Loveless
>>
>>63511293
oh boy I can't wait to pay $30 for a brickwalled copy of Isn't Anything
>>
>>63509302
it has its moments but it's largely just loveless lite. not bad but certainly not essential.
>>
it sounds like a weak parody of shoegaze albums. like this is what /mu/ would make as a shoegaze album overnight. except at least then it would be an intentional parody and worth a tiny chuckle at the concept.
>>
>>63511330
man you gotta trust Kev, he's on our side. He wants a good sounding remaster - he hasn't been happy with any of the unofficial masters yet.
>>
I've listened to every mbv release more times than I can count. Except m b v. I downloaded it within minutes of it being uploaded on what.cd and still haven't listened to it. I don't know why.
Music for this feel?
>>
>>63511770
i feel ya. The old stuff has way more depth
>>
>>63511770
Listen to In Another Way.
>>
>>63511820
I wouldn't know.
>>63511845
Solid plan.
>>
>>63511770
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpoOjoiYcWY&list=PLV5Dj2xlNnONJWlHRLnxoEDHp89rKoNpO&index=6
>>
>>63511075
Me too... Are we hipsters?
>>
>>63509340
That was really fun.

But yeah, the album isn't as great as it could've been. Too many filler/safe tracks.
>>
The only bad thing about MBV is the cover art.

I like the second half more than the first though, the first half is just what I had expected but the second has cool new ideas.
>>
bumb since mbv doesn't get that many threads
>>
It's not bad at all, just not as impressive as Loveless.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.