[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I decided to give vaporwave a go and find out why do people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-03-23-04-58-31.png (200 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-23-04-58-31.png
200 KB, 480x800
Today I decided to give vaporwave a go and find out why do people hate it and meme the fuck out of it. And holy shit, this is actually good. Why do you guys hate this again?
>>
>>63508428
Blank Banshee isn't really vaporwave. Go listen to Floral Shoppe and you'll see why everyone hates it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcsYSJwewWk
>>
>>63508428
That is Vaportrap, Not Vaporware.
>>
File: 9ogrlr37.gif (311 KB, 945x855) Image search: [Google]
9ogrlr37.gif
311 KB, 945x855
Because "you guys" is a culmination of hundreds of users/lurkers' personal tastes

so, F off, nerd ass
>>
>>63508428
>Today I decided to give vaporwave a go
This was your first mistake
>>
Banshee isn't bad. Check out Floral Shoppe to understand why people hate it
>>
>>63508480
But Blank Banshee isn't really vaporwave anon...it just uses the aesthetic and samples from nostalgic music.

Vaporwave's key features are 80's samples with really jarring and discordant and dissonant chopping and screwing through pitch shifted and forced "rhythms" that really don't match up, whatsoever.

Listen to Floral Shoppe by Macintosh Plus. About 1:10 in you will see why everyone dislikes the shit.
>>
>>63508576
Are you Black Banshee or something?
Also I never said it was vaporwave. I said it was a mistake checking out vaporwave. It's a whole genre dedicated to riding Replica's dick.
>>
>>63508576
That's one of my favorite albums. You obviously didn't make it past the first track, did you?
>>
Vaporwave is pretty good if you avoid the memes and look for interesting things on bandcamp. usually you'll find a good diamond in the rough
>>
>>63508464
yohoho and another shit newtrip to filter
>>
>>63508428
Op check out Mana Pool by Vaperror, another vaportrap essential that youll like if you like BB
>>
>>63508657
Wrong. Replica isn't even fucking close to vaporwave dude. You're thinking of Eccojams Volume 1 by his other project, Chuck Persons.

>>63508686
Why the fuck would I care to get past track one? If you're going to open your album with complete and utter shit I am going to expect the rest to be complete and utter shit. I'm not fucking wasting my time with Floral Shoppe. It's garbage. There are much better Vektroid releases and much better vaporwave artists.
>>
>>63508657
>Black Banshee
>>
>blank banshee
>vaporwave
>>
>>63508904
wat vektroid
>>
>>63510560
Not that dude but Color Ocean Road and Initiation Tape: Isle of Avalon Edition are better imo
>>
>>63508449
Floral Shoppe isn't even the face of Vaporwave anymore.

>>63508498
Are you the guy who listened to spiderland and discarded all post-rock?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.