[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stress general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 44
I experience loads of performance stress / stress and I am afraid I am agoraphobic. When I get the attention of people I tend to perform at 60% of my ability.

I found this test online and I am curius how does /mu/ do

http://www.15minutes4me.com/anxiety/agoraphobia-test-your-symptoms-here/

take the test, post results, discuss

>any legit tests like topic related?
>do you experience performance stress?
>if yes, what do you do to overcome it / any legit articles?
>did you ever seek professional help?
>do you think I need professional help?
>>
Did the test and scored normal on all three meters, none of them above 13% and depression at 0%
>>
>>63504580
good for you.
do you experience any stress in general?
>>
>>63504621
Through my routine, no, not much. I usually remain calm and relaxed.
I generally get anxious regarding crushes, because I don't know how to handle them correctly. Also when I'm given too many options and they conflict with each other, I have some trouble reconciling them.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (24 KB, 945x211) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
24 KB, 945x211
I'm on vacation and have benn meditating lately so that's why I suppose the results are not that bad
>>
>>63504969
that's completely normal, nothing to worry about
>>
>>63505101
I have heard things about meditating
Does it really work? What patterns do you follow?
(OP here)
>>
File: 451134234.png (20 KB, 913x200) Image search: [Google]
451134234.png
20 KB, 913x200
Quit smoking a couple days ago after about 8 years, so these results are a lot better than I thought they would be.
>>
File: kiravu[1].png (21 KB, 928x224) Image search: [Google]
kiravu[1].png
21 KB, 928x224
>>
>>63505411
forgot to write anything, feels sort of genuine
>>
>>63505215
I do vipassana meditation which is recommended for beginners
Basically it's just sitting and watching the feeling of the air passing on your nostrils as you breath, but in reality a lot of problems arise, for that I suggest you read the book "Mindfulness in Plain English" it's free
http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html

>Does it really work?
It does work, but many people may have old repressed feelings coming out as they start meditating, so you may want to consider that you can actually feel worse the first months, it's all for the better though
>>
>>63505215
Not the anon you replied to, but I do something called 7/11 breathing.

Breathe deeply (use your diaphragm and stomach). Inhale for 7 seconds, exhale for 11 seconds.
I count in my head, and I really focus on the numbers. Clears my mind of everything because I'm counting and not thinking about bullshit.

You don't technically have to count, but make sure your exhales are longer than your inhales.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (28 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
28 KB, 1920x1080
haha thats not too good is it
>>
File: i've been feeling ok.png (15 KB, 914x228) Image search: [Google]
i've been feeling ok.png
15 KB, 914x228
this week's been alright
>>
>>63505178
>>63505215
>>63505215
I'm >>63504580, I practice yoga and, consequently, mediation.
I feel it helps me a lot. In a way, I can focus, even when not meditating, for negative emotions to be let go, and they eventually do.
Just thinking about what you want and that you'll do it successfully is a major step towards doing it.
>>
OP here

>>63505515
Why not give that book a read. I used to meditate some time ago for a couple of years but I didn't see any improvement so I stopped.

>>63505563
I use to do that when I get extremely stressed and it works for me.
When I'mm in a place that's too crowded and I feel like an overclocked processor I usually excuse myself to the toilet to do exactly that.

>>63505760
don't worry anon, times change

>>63505249
I feel that smoking actually helps. Maybe it has to do with autosuggestion.
>>
>>63505867
Some friend suggested me a book/movie named The Secret. I watched the movie and it was about exactly that, picturing your future results and how to get there.
Well, the film was a little too much exaggeration at points, though, almost a joke.
I have started doing that and I have to say that my life feels more organised but the stress isn't going away.
>>
>>63506027
Yeah smoking did help, but it was time to give it up. I expected my anxiety to be a lot worse because of it so it's a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>63506027
well results in meditation aren't instant, real improvement may take years, the secret is to go into practice without expecting anything in return, because it will be counterproductive

kind of tricky right? meditation is full of those things

I hope you start meditating again if your situation gets too bad, I began to suffer from derealization some weeks ago and that's why I started meditating, since then it mostly stopped
>>
File: Capture.png (19 KB, 929x205) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19 KB, 929x205
I've had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a little kid.
I am still not really used to them but I can control them most of the time.
Despite that, I tend to be very positive and enjoy life.
>>
>>63506431
>kind of tricky right? meditation is full of those things
This is very interesting. I have came across some of "those things" in playing music in a way that this sounds too familiar.

I also have incidents of derealisation, four or five since September.
Maybe I should start meditating again.
>>
>>63504478
methinks I'm in the wrong thread.
>>
File: Untitled.png (22 KB, 944x256) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22 KB, 944x256
Got professional help and went on meds for a while, it didn't do anything. Maybe professional help would be good for you. Maybe it wouldn't be. If you think it might, you should give it a shot.
>>
>>63506523
If you are able to control yourself and keep being happy, this is all that matters.

>>63506668
Oh well.
Apart from all the reddit hate, r/getdisciplined helped me a lot with depression.
Especially articles like this one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/getdisciplined/comments/3dz00r/advice_what_ive_learned_after_1_year_of_trying_to/
>>
File: big dog.jpg (42 KB, 450x345) Image search: [Google]
big dog.jpg
42 KB, 450x345
>>63506744
I'm seeing a psychiatrist for the first time this week! only took me until age 22...

but I'm hopeful.

Also, is "kt" Ketamine Tab?
>>
File: glitchr_1458697957000.jpg (86 KB, 770x1587) Image search: [Google]
glitchr_1458697957000.jpg
86 KB, 770x1587
Thought I'd be a little more anxious. Guess I'm getting better.

>>63505515
Thanks for this tip. I practiced this meditation daily for years. And I recommend it to anyone feeling anxious or out of control of things
>>
>>63506825
Nah, it's the name of the cat (Katey), just shortened.
I've also wanted to visit a psychiatrist several times for my agoraphobia and hypochondria but I always manage to get through it by myself, and frankly, I am anxious about visiting him as well.
Hopefully they're gonna help you. They are specialized for it after all. Don't lose hope!
>>
everything just feels really stagnant. I'm not stressed but i feel kinda motionless, like i do absolutely nothing all the time.

KEEPIN' IT MUSIC RELATED:

What's everyone's 5 favorite records? Out of any records there are, just the five you love the most off the top of yr head. Curious to see if any correlation between our favorite music and our situation.

>The Clash - London Calling
>Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
>Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
>OMD - Dazzle Ships
>David Bowie - Low
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 571x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 571x1023
I don't really feel any sort of performance anxiety thankfully

Other than a little bit of anxiety involving social situations and relationships I'm a pretty happy guy
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-21-03-42.png (229 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-21-03-42.png
229 KB, 1080x1920
I'm on vacation right now, so the results maybe skewed somewhat
>>
>>63507046
Oh and my top 5 albums
>Deftones- Saturday Night Wrist
>Sunny Day Real Estate- How It Feels To Be Something On
>Hum- You'd Prefer An Astronaut
>At The Drive-In- Relationship of Command
>Interpol- Turn on the Bright Lights
>>
>>63507030
I'm >>63505101

>What's everyone's 5 favorite records?
Grimes - Visions
Wings - Venus and Mars
MF Doom - MM..Food
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Patricio Rey y sus Redonditos de Ricota - Oktubre
>>
>>63507030
OP here.
Sure, but stay in subject, and the subject is >>63504478

>Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffitti
>Pink Floyd - Meddle
>Fuzz - Fuzz II
>Doors - Doors
>Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
>>
Whats considerale is that at this moment and the last few weeks ive been feeling better then i have in the past and im more optimistic, truth is tho ive neem feeling depressed since i was in highschool (22 now) so at this point I'm wondering what ik as normal/feeling alright is just less sad or if this is what everyone feels

>no
>yes
>do my best, and if i fuck up i can dwell on it later
>someday.
>I think everyone needs to unload at some point, whether its friends or a shrink its good to get some fresh air into your mind and soul so to speak
>>
>>63507030
I'm >>63506808

Top 5 Albums (Not In Order)-
> Candy Claws - In The Dream Of The Sea Life
> Galaxie 500 - On Fire
> Jordaan Mason & The Horse Museum - Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head
> The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
> Yo La Tengo - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out
>>
>>63507261
To tag along with this top 5 albums at the moment

>Carrie and Lowell
>If Your Feeling Sinister
>Wild Hunt - Tallest Man On Earth
>For Emma
>Twin Fantasy
>>
>>63507261
I have no idea myself. I am also 22 and depressed since I was 16-17.

>I think everyone needs to unload at some point, whether its friends or a shrink its good to get some fresh air into your mind and soul so to speak
This is true. I do speak to close friends about it, but most people just can't bear with me after a while.
>>
>>63506809
Thanks. I never got the >le reddit sux thing. Some good advice on this sub it seems. Will peruse further.

>>63506916
Thanks friend. You neither. If you have someone you would feel comfortable taking you to psychiatrist, maybe see if they would do it. Either you get a prescription or the doctor sees you to be fit; you don't lose anything either way.
>>
71% 81% 76%
africa bambaata planet rock
>>
>>63507354
>OP here
forgot
>>
>>63507225
agh, sorry if it looked like i was changing the subject on you!

I don't really experience a lot of stress in the moment, it seems. Anxiety of what's to come gets me more than anything. I really expected my anxiety to be rated high than it was, but I haven't been "up to" a lot recently (not working and not CURRENTLY in school).

Sorry i don't have any advice for the performance anxiety issue, I kind of just wandered in here to talk about psychological stuff.
>>
i got extremely severe in all three categories, but maybe i was just being dramatic?
>>
>>63507354
>>63507261
>I'm wondering what ik as normal/feeling alright is just less sad or if this is what everyone feels
Yes, that was the shocker. I'm 22 too and I've been depressed for a while (since before high school even), and I sorta just thought a lot of people don't enjoy anything.

Top 5 atm are
>Pink Moon
>Greetings from Asbury Park NJ
>Souvlaki
>Yesterday Was Dramatic Today is Ok
>Music for 18 Musicians (ECM '78 recording)
>>
>>63507329
Some really solid choices there, WH/WH is in mine and I love Candy Claws too. I hope what's troubling you lets up soon, dude.
>>
>>63507385
>>63507354
I've grown apart from almost all fo my friends at this point and to some extent i'd rather talk to somebody i dont know/know me about deep personal problems. It's like taking a car on a tirp. If you borrow your buddys you will want to take care of it and make sure you dont make it worse for the time under your care - compared to a rental car where fuck it if you're doing shittys in a parking lot. Your just gonna drop it off and forget about it
>>
File: iZuxQuG[1].png (20 KB, 936x221) Image search: [Google]
iZuxQuG[1].png
20 KB, 936x221
>>63507030
I guess I should post my five favourite albums atm while I'm at it (in no particular order). I'm kind of plebby but oh well.

>The Front Bottoms - S/T
>Weezer - Pinkerton
>My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
>Iron Maiden - Powerslave
>Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose
>>
>>63507507
Nice metaphor. Just don't forget that you live where your body is, in the real world. Real friendship can work miracles.
>>
File: gfhdfhs.png (22 KB, 1000x300) Image search: [Google]
gfhdfhs.png
22 KB, 1000x300
Well, I'm not as tense as I thought I was
>>
File: ss (2016-03-22 at 10.33.06).png (21 KB, 985x235) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-22 at 10.33.06).png
21 KB, 985x235
:/
>>
>>63507854
ehm
>>
File: goof.png (22 KB, 942x222) Image search: [Google]
goof.png
22 KB, 942x222
not very music related but i'll participate
>>
this is higher than usual, but just went through shitty rejection

keeping it on topic, fav albums rn (not of all time)

>The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss...
>Waxahatchee - American Weekend
>Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle
>Red House Painters - RHP 1
>Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest (idk why people shit on it)
>>
File: test.png (16 KB, 930x218) Image search: [Google]
test.png
16 KB, 930x218
I've been having one of my best weeks in a while. Haven't had too much anxiety at all despite the fact what I've had to do this week would've had me losing my mind just a few months ago.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-22+at+10.47.44).png (40 KB, 1163x285) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-22+at+10.47.44).png
40 KB, 1163x285
haha
>>
Im worse than i thought
>>
>>63507116
Forgot this
>Meddle - Pink Floyd
>Madvillainy - Madvillain
>The Seer - Swans
>Days of Future Passed - The Moody Blues
>Grandfeathered - Pinkshinyultrablast
>>
38% Tension
29% Anxiety (that's a surprise)
81% Depression

great. now how do I fix my depressions? This website sucks
>>
>>63508251
it does suck, I just found the test there

check this >>63506809
things I found in the "top threads" section helped me out a lot
>>
>>63508251
now how do I fix my depressions?
A) Kill yourself
B) Figure out the cause of your problems
C) Stop browsing 4chan
Only one of these choices is a realistic option
>>
File: image.png (122 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
122 KB, 640x1136
Giving lectures this weekend on modern particle physics and the function of the LHC/Higgs/etc

Even though I'm well prepared, I have strict judges and also there's a extremist christian organisation who wants to hurt me and/or my spouse because of my speeches...they say I'm corrupting the community with "slanderous, blasphemous lies"

Can't empty my mind of anything...

Some Favourite Albums:
>Faust - S/T
>Nurse With Wound - Homotopy to Marie
>Otomo Yoshihide and Sachiko M - Filament 1
>Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats
>The Dead C - Trapdoor Fucking Exit
>>
I suffer from anxiety so crippling I had constant depersonalization. Like, imagine feeling like you're having an out of body experience the entire day...for six or so months. Before driving me crazy, I got put on klonopin. I take 2mg a day. It's crazy addictive and hear it's absolutely hellish to come off, but my life was hellish before so yeah...My meds are the only way I can cope with my anxiety. My sister has it very badly as well. My dad suffers clinical depression and mom is certified sociopath that's only functioning due to my step-dad's ability to be completely pussy whipped and pay all the bills while she sits around and makes up conspiracies about life and god knows what else. I'm pretty lucky considering.
>>
>>63508475
Wow dude, you have to get out of that place as soon as you are able to.
>>
File: Capture.png (22 KB, 930x231) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22 KB, 930x231
this summer when working as a bank teller I suspect I'd be between 90-100 for tension and anxiety. I'm not too sure there's any job that I can do without me having series of palpitations every 5 minutes and passing out from panic or that I'm even qualified for.
>>
>>63508307
Appreciate the attempt, but that thread nor any others didn't do anything for me. I've changed routines so many times it feels that aspect of my life has become routine. I feel like I'm missing out on socializing since I work nights so I'm lonely. Tried alternative means of meeting people but very rarely does that work out. Spent the past two years living with a couple and now I'm about to spend another year with a different couple as roommates, which exacerbates my loneliness. People that I feel are becoming closer to me seem to vanish with no explanation, even after a couple get togethers that result with good feelings, which makes their disappearance so jarring and upsetting. I just feel good people always lose and bad people always get what they want. idk I'm just a bitter faggot upset that at age 25 I have nothing in life that excites me anymore.

>>63508317
Seems like all three can be done, reverse order of course.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-22+at+10.23.18).png (22 KB, 926x219) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-22+at+10.23.18).png
22 KB, 926x219
I don't see how this thread is /mu/ related but sure
>>
File: hiujin98.jpg (52 KB, 944x203) Image search: [Google]
hiujin98.jpg
52 KB, 944x203
>>
>>63508862
Well, I play the guitar and I wanted to talk about performance stress but things got out of hand

>>63508778
Seems like you live a pathetic life. You can use this to your advantage.

OP
>>
File: asgfda.png (21 KB, 914x214) Image search: [Google]
asgfda.png
21 KB, 914x214
>>63504478
Dad died recently, I'm usually really relaxed.
>>
File: stress.png (60 KB, 932x297) Image search: [Google]
stress.png
60 KB, 932x297
Damn, didn't realize my stress was so low, ama bros.
>>
>>63509222
b8
>>
File: sevr.png (23 KB, 930x234) Image search: [Google]
sevr.png
23 KB, 930x234
>>
>>63509272
I swear to god, I'm not lying.

I answered everything honestly. Things are really good for me. I have felt stress before and am sure I'll feel it again but I've been in this state of just plain enjoyment for the better part of a year now. It's great.
>>
>>63509327
yeah, i got 5 / 5 / 33 due to nihilistic world view
4chans demographics is really fucked up
>>
>>63509029
sorry to hear that anon, my mom died from cancer so i can relate kinda
>>
>>63508567
Yeah I know. I am in school right now and I'm graduating with my bachelors this May. I have to get an internship after school though over the summer. Once that ends, I've told my dad I was going to live with him while I weaned off my meds. I have all this planned out. I have a support system in place and all the info I need. I have a lot of faith in myself. I was a coke addict for 2 years and quit that cold turkey. i think i'll be fine.
>>
>>63509398
I'm nihilistic in an intellectual sense but I'm on the whole "create your own meaning" thing so I don't truly consider myself a nihilist.

4chan often seems like it may be the only social outlet for a large group of mentally disturbed people. I kind of wish I could help them.
>>
>>63509534
>I'm nihilistic in an intellectual sense but I'm on the whole "create your own meaning" thing so I don't truly consider myself a nihilist.

>4chan often seems like it may be the only social outlet for a large group of mentally disturbed people. I kind of wish I could help them.

I honestly wish you'd just help yourself you fucking katana-waving edgelord. Holy fuck you sound annoying.
>>
File: test.png (22 KB, 930x238) Image search: [Google]
test.png
22 KB, 930x238
Some shitty life things going on right now. Could be worse, though.
>>
File: euphoria.webm (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
euphoria.webm
3 MB, 500x281
>>63509620
Haha. Calm yourself, man. I know it sounds banal but that doesn't make it untrue.

I was depressed a lot in my teens because i kept only thinking of things, people, and experiences I wanted that I didn't have. It's the whole preoccupation of our times to aspire to have more bullshit. It isn't something you can really decide to stop doing it just sort of comes with life experience and the right state of mind.

I just feel really at peace most days since I stopped doing it. You could almost say I'm euphoric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnO2gZRA3ow
>>
>>63504478
OP here
bump in case someone has something to say about performance stress
>>
two questions:
How do I stop being sad?
How do I improve my self confidence?
>>
>>63511787
I've been trying to solve that since I realised I was depressed.
If you make it out, let me know.
OP
>>
File: waaaaaah.png (24 KB, 995x247) Image search: [Google]
waaaaaah.png
24 KB, 995x247
Guess there's still music though so hoorah for that I guess
>>
File: image.png (125 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125 KB, 640x1136
Oh man I know I've had an extremely tough time lately but I didn't realise how bad it was hurting me until now
Lmfao don't know what to do about it though, all I can do is wait and hope the person who hurt me makes an effort to apologise
>>
I have 95% Tension, 62% Anxiety, and 86% Depression.
>>
54% Tension
24% Anxiety
100% Depression

Did I do good?
In all seriousness though, I'm sick of waking up.
>>
File: aed0120e30.png (21 KB, 915x228) Image search: [Google]
aed0120e30.png
21 KB, 915x228
h-haha..
>>
it says

tension 62% severe
anxiety 33% moderate
depression 33% moderate

what does tension mean?
>>
to help a bunch of people here: I'm pretty sure 80% of you will feel better if you take care of any vitamin deficiencies especially vitamin D and
make sure you are EXERCISING every day.
humans are meant to move around a lot, and when they dont, weird things happen
>>
>>63513191
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tension+dictionary
>>
>>63513260
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tension+dictionary

in the context of this test you fuck ass
>>
File: odometer.png (20 KB, 921x211) Image search: [Google]
odometer.png
20 KB, 921x211
>>63513217
ok, I'm as normal as I could possibly be. why doI even browse /mu/?
>>
>>63513283
what is your life like?
>>
>>63513275
couldn't resist

pretty much it's about how fucked up is your nervous system / the impact anxiety has on your physical self
>>
>>63513319
ok cool
>>
>>63513217
now that I thing about it, I have done little-to-no excersising and I am probably low on vitamins
OP
>>
>>63513310
pretty goot actually. i'm studying at university, working for a big bank as working student and even had a few (not many) girls in my life.
>>
>>63513481
/mu/leader/10
>>
>Agoraphobia
Nope. I DO have a diagnosed personality disorder though.

SPD - Schizoid Personality Disorder
>>
File: test.jpg (58 KB, 953x236) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
58 KB, 953x236
>>63512377
Hi there
>>
>>63513530
Oh and I forgot the results. And no, I am not BSing. I guess one of the plusses of having SPD is I don't give a flying fuck about the people or things going on around me that don't involve me.
>>
File: agorophobiatest.png (20 KB, 940x227) Image search: [Google]
agorophobiatest.png
20 KB, 940x227
>>63513574
lol. third time's the charm right?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-23-10-23-01.png (79 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-23-10-23-01.png
79 KB, 540x960
rip me
>>
>Mbv -Loveless
>Om - Advaitic Songs
>Summoning - Oath Bound
>Burial - Untrue
>In Flames - Clayman
>>
>>63513890
normalfag pls go
>>
Life's sluggish and meh
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-23-04-21-57.png (225 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-23-04-21-57.png
225 KB, 1080x1920
At least I don't have anxiety
>>
File: 15mintest.png (19 KB, 900x209) Image search: [Google]
15mintest.png
19 KB, 900x209
>>63504478
Recently let go from my good career-type job and took a pizza delivery job. Obviously career outlook is poor at best right now and I miss having health and dental insurance.

Here's some good music if you like tech death though.
https://youtu.be/L9JajMuvkpc
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.