[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I loved this /mu/. What should I listen to now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
I loved this /mu/. What should I listen to now?
>>
In a Silent Way is another Miles Davis album that is very similar. But if you want to see what else he has to offer, Bitches Brew is a favourite of mine.
>>
Mingus Ah hum or Giant Steps
>>
>>63503867
Night Lights by Gerry Mulligan
Giant Steps by Coltrane
Time Out by Dave Brubeck
Ah Um by Mingus
The Shape of Jazz To Come by Ornette Coleman
pretty much in the same alley
>>
saxophone colossus by sonny rollins
>>
>>63503867
The wiki has some good recs
>>
File: folder.jpg (52 KB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
52 KB, 447x447
listening to this right now so you should also listen to it
>>
>>63503904
>>63503909
>>63503927
>>63503953
>>63503967
Will check, thanks
>>
>>63503867
If you want to keep going with Davis, I'd say Birth of the Cool is a safe choice. If you want to get more experimental, check out Sorcerer, then I'd suggest you to step up with Filles de Kilimanjaro and In a Silent Way unti you're finally ready for Bitches Brew
>>
Round Midnight is pretty good
>>
Finish the meme jazz trilogy and listen to a love supreme (more adventurous and spiritual sounding) and the black saint and the sinner lady (more orchestrated and "epic"). They're both p incredible. Also listen to miles' electric period as well. you can go chronologically from in a silent way
>>
Thelonius Monk.
>>
>>63504680
Wait, if the meme trilogy consists of KoB, I assume Giant steps, whats the last if not Mingus?
>>
>>63504680
>>63505713
>meme
Try killing yourselves.
>>
>>63503909
Would you rec the stereo or mono version of Giant Steps?
>>
File: a - Front.jpg (179 KB, 598x543) Image search: [Google]
a - Front.jpg
179 KB, 598x543
>>
>>63505791
You know what the fuck I mean you dumb cunt
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.