[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I start listening to more of next? green = have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: musick 3.png (101 KB, 490x2256) Image search: [Google]
musick 3.png
101 KB, 490x2256
What should I start listening to more of next?

green = have listened to all to most of
yellow = have listened to some of
red = have listened to little to none

Others feel free to do this as well of course.
>>
>>63492445
Definitely listen to madvillainy, the velvet underground, pavement and the flaming lips.
>>
>>63492475
ok thanks man i will
>>
>>63492475
oh shiet forgot to say, but which albums specifically should i get into of each band?
>>
>>63492445
I would go for Arca or Can personally.
>>
>>63492445
Holy shit, get your own fucking taste. Your music library is absolutely insufferable hodgepodge collection of every artist that is frequently mentioned on this board. Krzysztof Penderecki alongside Mac Demarco, Musique Concrete alongside Modest Mouse, oh the horror. I feel physical pain just by looking at this picture.
>>
>>63492539
It's called general listening, my guy. If you look at a wide variety of music, then you get a wide general knowledge. And of course, you'll naturally be drawn in by a few artists who click with you on a deeper level than others. There's your "taste".
>>
>>63492539
Everyone needs a start. For many they just check out all the stuff on this board then find other means of finding music.

OP, try Illinois by Sufjan. Best starting point for him. Van Morrison and Wire are great ones too. Astral Weeks is an amazing album. For Wire, Pink Flag is a good start.
>>
>>63492539
you are an idiot
>>
>>63492598
No, it's called being a superficial cunt. One cannot just mindlessly consume music so drastically different without doing some more in-depth research and understand where this comes from and why is it good. Do you understand why ONP's music sounds the way it does? Can you hear any samples you recognize in there? Do you understand Coil's mysticism and references to Thelema?

The problem is that you are a larvae of a typical /mu/-drone who never goes past the stage of listening to entry level musicians of vastly different genres and who's only argument is "If I like the way it sounds means it's good". Those people are shallow, they treat music as a mean to belong somewhere. It's fucking saddening to see how a bunch of oblivious kids who were tired of listening to MTV suddenly decide to hop into the "next cool thing" and start listening to artists you held dear for years.
>>
>>63492758
Wow, a lot of people angry at this north korean lawn mowing torrent tracker today
>>
>>63492445
>went through this much effort for recs
wew lad
>>
>>63492445
FISHMANS
>>
>>63492758
wow! such sophisticated! many intellectual!

there is no right way to listen to music, you do not have a deeper "understanding" of music than somebody else because you approach it in a different way, you are not special. in many ways you are proving to be the stereotypical /mu/ drone with your sickening elitist attitude.

also OPN and Coil are awful pleb shit.
>>
>>63492847
>stereotypical /mu/ drone
>sickening elitist attitude
I don't see any elitist attitude in this cesspool of waifufaggotry and endless discussions about same few albums everybody seems obsessed about.
>OPN and Coil are awful pleb shit
You know why you say that? Because they got too popular for their own good and guys like OP are listening to them now.
>>
File: Captura.png (41 KB, 216x1596) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
41 KB, 216x1596
>>63492913
>>63492758
>>63492539
Rate my library
ignore pink floyd
>>
>>63492758
>>63492913
t. sperg
>>
>>63492938
that's actually breddy gud
nice avant-prog, fellow zeuhlfag
>>
>>63492938
>ignore the best band there
you fucking tryhard, BEGONE VILE MAN BEGONE FROM ME
>>
>>63492938
Oh shit
Ignore Stallagh and Have A Nice Life too
>>
>>63492955
i didnt want to be called dadrocker thats all
i actually havent listened to them tbqhwyf
>>
>>63492952
Any recs in Zeuhl?
ive only listened to the major bands
>>
>>63492913
>I don't see any elitist attitude in this cesspool of waifufaggotry and endless discussions about same few albums everybody seems obsessed about.
well, i've seen heaps of posts that were practically identically in content as well as choice of words as yours in my time here. but of course you'd always wish for more people to share your own paradigm.
>You know why you say that? Because they got too popular for their own good and guys like OP are listening to them now.
i just think they're boring try-hard faux-intellectual trash. taking what they are doing way too serious for the good of the music. what the fuck do i care who's listening to them, even if Donald Trump was listening to a band i like that wouldn't change my opinion of them.
>>
>>63492445
I'd give priority to Faust, Velvet Underground and Talk Talk.

Some of my favourite bands.
>>
>>63492938
tiny/10
>>
>>63493846
Mine is about 90 and the op is about 110
its not tiny
4.000 files, 150 gb, 17 days
>>
>>63494045
90 artists that is
>>
>>63494045
>its not tiny
so you started listening to music yesterday?
>>
>>63494062
>Im{plying i can vtorrenvt 150gb in a day
i started 2 years ago
its just that when my taste changes i delete everything and start brand new
also if i dont like a band i delete it (obviously)
>>
Nick Drake. Pink Moon is GOAT folk album
>>
>>63492511
madvillian has just one, the first album, slanted and enchanted, and soft bulletin
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39 KB, 600x615
>>63493158
>even if Donald Trump was listening to a band i like that wouldn't change my opinion of them
Found the cuck
>>
>>63493158
>even if Tyrone was fucking a girl i like that wouldn't change my opinion of her
>>
>>63492539
>>63492610
>Everyone needs a start

*Raises hand*

hello my name is anon and I am a /mu/ drone. Truth is im only 18, and all my life music was never a part of it. I was the type of guy to say I listen to "anything but rap and country", meaning of course that i only listened to the radio while driving, and sometimes pandora set to coldplay while studying or at the gym. Yes, that was me. But about six months ago i smoked pot and listened to dark side of the moon. Yes, I know. But I thought, what the fuck have I been missing out on all these years? Soon I found /mu/ and with it, a giant chart of essentials. Soon my favorite albums became Loveless and Kid A. My point is, my music taste has changed, a lot. The way I see it, it'll change a lot more in the future. Why limit myself to "my taste", to "what I like"? Then how am I going to expand my taste? Six months ago Radiohead would be too experimental for me, Madvilliany would never be even given a chance, MBV would be unlistenable noise. Now, and I know it's not much, but STGSTV is one of my favorite albums. I could never imagine myself listening to something as abrasive as that half a year ago. Taste is fleeting and temporary, so I try to listen to as wide a variety of music as I can.
>>
>>63495059
Holy shit you're such a fucking dumbass, you know that? You are the bottom of the Earth. The people nobody wants to talk to. You spend so much time listening to shitty music yet you think it's good. You spend your time obsessing about people and posting them on the internet to look cool yet in reality if people in real life saw that what would they think? They think you were a loser, you fucking loser. You aren't interested in starting a discussion with me? It's probably because you don't even know how. I'm not retarded, I'm telling the truth. Know what you're doing before you do it. The way you're acting now is so childish I can't even begin to explain. Listen to a mature record that isn't a totally exaggerated mess of emotions and poor musical merit. Which is what you listen to now. How about some avant-garde jazz? Try A Love Supreme, it's pretty entry level. You probably won't get it though because you're a worthless sack of shit. You will never amount to anything in life. Go outside, take a walk, don't think about your edgy so deep music for once. Once you've done that, come back and try to look at what you're doing right now. Maybe after a few times you'll see that you're a complete child and need to improve. Or maybe you have a serious mental issue. Maybe Autism? I'm guessing that's it. Seek a doctor or therapy to help that out. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you're just a close minded retard with no understanding of anything at all.

Don't even try to bring this argument anywhere else. I won't respond, or I'll think of something to get you mad since you're easily made upset. This discussion is over, sorry loser.
>>
>>63495243
Lmao why are you so mad
>>
>>63495243
haha, how can autism be used as an insult? Only an ignorant cunt would use autism as an insult. (And there's nothing I hate more than ignorance)

Autism is a gift in my case, I have an IQ of over 150 which makes me technically a genius thanks to my autism. I've been going through school all my life being bored out of my fucking brains getting at least 95% on all my tests (and all the incorrect answers were silly mistakes) because I'm just too fucking smart for school I can't wait for everyone else to learn something I already knew within the first day or too of being taught it. Every year I scored the best of my year on these stupid multiple choice tests we do and the headmaster came to my class to tell me that, which obviously resulted in being called a 'nerd' which is true but I shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

I recently became home educated so I could learn at my own pace and I'm getting my GCSEs done in 1/4 of the time everyone else has to do it in, I'm also doing more than double the average amount of GCSEs that usually would be done.

I used to get paid $30 an hour working online, which is more than the teaching assistants at my old school earned, it was so fun pointing that out to them.

So, in conclusion, calling someone autistic is not an insult, in my case, it makes me highly gifted.

One more thing, I don't know if this has anything to do with my autism but I am a sociopath so I'm not hindered by irrational emotions like guilt, compassion, empathy etc.

haha, the most satisfying this is to know that you will all see this as a waste of a natural gift that I am undeserving hahaha, that brings me great satisfaction.

I'm practically perfect, let the jealousy flow through you.
>>
Comus, Fishmans, Talking Heads in that order
>>
>>63495243
Thanks for the rec, I've been meaning to listen to A Love Supreme for a while.
>>
>>63495243
AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!

You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY TYLO BE CHILLIN, HERE'S A PIC OF HUMBLE CANNONS BY AARON ELLIS, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the music section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.