[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys feel about Pinegrove? General AOTYSF thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: cardinal.jpg (44 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
cardinal.jpg
44 KB, 319x319
How do you guys feel about Pinegrove? General AOTYSF thread.
>>
1. dream theater - the astonishing
2. venomous concept - kick me silly
3. daughter - not to disappear
4. anderson paak - malibu
5. chtheilist - dernier crepuscule
6. adrian younge - something about april too
7. brothers osbourne - pawn shop
8. anchoress - romance novelist confessions
9. david bowie - blackstar
10. agoraphobic nosebleed - arc
11. dylan leblanc - cautionary tale
12. abbath - abbath
13. sia - this is acting
14. magrudergrind - two
15. half japanese - perfect
>>
>>63491472
I think I heard the first song or two and turned my nose up to it although as i recall it was a little on the pricey side which makes me far more inclined to do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 963x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 963x682
>>63491472
I really enjoyed it, nice blend of southern rock with gentle tones. One of my favorites for this year
>>
i've been enjoying emily's d+evolution a lot recently. good shit.

>>63491500
you know there is this thing called the internet where music is free, right?
>>
>>63491504
Have you cracked any sort of code with the boris merzbow? I'm currently inclined to think it may need to be approached in a way other than recommended like starting them both at the beginning at the same time. An easy answer would be the vinyl edition but maybe there's something else.
>>
File: heimat cover art.jpg (453 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
heimat cover art.jpg
453 KB, 900x900
aotysf is either this or blackstar

meineheimat.bandcamp.com if anyone is interested
>>
>>63491508
>you know there is this thing called the internet where music is free, right?
yeah but I only rank things when I have the actual album like psub and kdot are still in the mail. If I don't plan on buying it then I don't plan on ranking it although now that i think about it I just started using spotify so I'll give pinegrove another chance.
>>
>>63491472
i've seen them live a couple of times and they put on a really good show. definitely recommend going to one of their shows if you get a chance.
>>
>>63491520
The easiest way would be to either buy the two CDs and play them at the same time or just mix disc 1 & 2 into audacity which I'm sure someone will eventually do.
>>
>>63491575
no I have the two cds but it just seems a little arbitrary and it seems like most a lot of people feel the same way. so I'm wondering if there isnt some sort of trick/code like for example the vinyl edition seems to strongly lend itself to using different combinations.
>>
>>63491587
I wouldn't know since I dont have the vinyl edition only the CDs. I still really like the way it sounds, Boris & merzbow together can do no wrong
>>
>>63491604
I liked it too but it still seemed predominantly arbitrary to me. Did you hear many indications of intention? I've only heard it once so far and then listened to each disc separately once. So thats 3 listens for 1 completion wew
>>
File: 8653426968.jpg (45 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
8653426968.jpg
45 KB, 700x700
David Bowie - [Blackstar]
Chairlift - Moth
Kilo Kish - Reflections in Real Time
Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
Albur! - 0.02
>>
>>63491636
>Chairlift - Moth
would you be surprised if Romeo got used in a shoe commercial? I'm expecting it.
>>
>>63491628
I don't see how it's arbitrary if it's intended to have both discs listened to simultaneously. Merzbow is not a very cohesive person but it works out in his favor
>>
>>63491650
oh well yeah definitely simultaneously but like I said for example there's the vinyl edition so maybe there's a different order than what would be starting the cds at the beginning. I dunno just an idea.
>>
>>63491472
when does this get good
>>
>>63491969
i dunno if you don't like the indie rawk thing you probably won't like it. that's okay. i do like them better live though if that's a factor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHJnzs2q6AM&feature=share
>>
>>63492001
nah its getting better and I wont lie I kinda got on board the third song that just ended actually. I just dont think the first song was the strongest opener.

By any chance are you a huge Hop Along fan?
>>
>>63492008
hop along is cool but i haven't listened to them a lot
>>
>>63492093
oh ok, the voice cracking is mostly what made me ask along with a few more very general similarities
>>
>>63491504
when does droids attack get good
>>
>>63491504
wtf lemon demon is actually good

whoever made those threads needs to work on their style because it just looked like spam
>>
>>63492311
If you like stoner metal then it's one of the best of the year besides Ape Cave
>>63492357
Neil has been around makin music for a long ass time dude
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.