[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ thoughts on - Bloc Party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Bloc.jpg (36 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
Bloc.jpg
36 KB, 319x319
What are your thoughts on Bloc Party? Best album/song? Have they gotten better or worse over time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRxtvygyDo
>>
How's the new one?
>>
>>63488528
Wasn't too well received by critics, I've only listened to "The Love Within" which was an interesting listen (Heard it live first and was impressed with Kele's voice but the lyrics were...eh). However it has grown on me and I like the song even though it is a little cringy.

I'm currently working my way through their albums again, Silent Alarm is still heads and shoulders over the rest I believe.
>>
>>63488487
it's kinda love hate. like silent alarm and awitc were pretty fucking good intamacy was meh and four can fuck right off. not too sure how I feel about hyms. I like a lot of the songs on there but a few of them really just ruin it for me. plus they dont have the same power behind them now that there drummer left. the new one is sheeet.
also their best song desu imo senpai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttcboE1GrNg
>>
>>63488782
also best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0tk_p45eo
>>
>>63488782
What makes you hate four? I've listened to it and I didn't mind it, I might have to listen to it a few more times to really develop a sense about it.

I'm listening to Intimacy now and it isn't really grabbing me like SA/AWITC did.
>>
I accidentally typed Blob Party but I think that has a nice ring to it.

starting Hymns now
>>
Flux for best song, Silent Alarm for best album.
They're alright, got pretty boring for the most part from the third album though.
>>
>>63488991
*holy fuck this is horrible so far
>>
>>63488962
four just felt rushed and messy to me, the tracks dont really work well together and its not that great compared to their other albums. intamacy is okay but nothing special like SA or AWITC.
>>
>>63488797
This is really good
>>
>>63488487
Silent alarm>weekend>>intimacy>>>>>>four

stopped after that.

Really loved the first 3 albums too, saw them live, kele has gotten fat but somehow still has more energy than most when perfoming which is surprising.

Damn shame what happened to them.

>half the band left
well shit, looks like it really is over for em
>>
Everyone knows Bloc Party have gotten worse and are now irrelevant
>>
>>63489864
this makes me sad
>>
the new album was pretty bad

finish it if you dare
>>
>>63488487
>>63488528
Worse. Their new album Hymns was one of the biggest disappointments for me in a while, and I was one of the few people who actually liked Four.

One of my favorite albums though is Keles solo album Trick, you should really check that out if you're into UK garage & Deep House.
>>
>>63490854
Did you find the latest album disappointing? Had you any expectations whatsoever?
I loved Four too but you could see from miles away this would be a mess.
>>
>>63490854
>not dropping them after four
>not dropping them after half the band left
>not dropping them after seein who replaced them
>not dropping them after hearing the first track they released

holy shit, you just kept driving past all the signs and are amazed you drove off a cliff. i cant believe it
>>
>>63490927
>>63490968
Everyone hated four even though I liked it, so is expect kele would have stepped up his game with the new album, but evidently not. Weekend in the city is still my favorite though.
>>
>>63491043
>tfw the prayer became your exam song

aced my way through uni, thank you kele
>>
>>63491074
>IS IT SO WRONG TO CRAVE RECOGNITION?
>>
>>63491177
where is home would be goat if he didnt go edgy midway, still like it but could have been the best track
>>
>>63491186
I quite like Where is home, my favorite on that though has to be Uniform

>There was a sense of disappointment as we left the mall
>All the young people look the same
Wearing their masks of cool and indifference
>Commerce dressed up as rebellion
>Cause we're so handsome and we're so bored

god tier lyrics
>>
>>63491216
thats second to SRXT

thats skewed because i work with drugs though
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.