[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you acquire a taste for free form jazz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: freeeformjazz.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
freeeformjazz.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
At what age did you acquire a taste for free form jazz?
>>
When you start smoking meth
>>
>>
>>
>>
Around the time, I was hit on the head with a rock.
>>
>>
>tfw Spongebob predicted avant-teens
>>
>>63486568
i smoke memes
you smoke cock

age 15 for me first artist i listened to was sun ra
first heard sun ra that year
>>
When you developmentally mature and acquire class
>>
memes
>>
>>63486656
Sun Ra is really gay. I listen to Coltrane
>>
>>63486550
>at what age did you decide that telling people you listen to jazz will make you look cool in front of your friends
>>
When I heard Peter Brötzmann at the age of 14.
>>
14. I had tried listening to jazz before that and i couldn't do it. One day I was listening to bitches brew and it just clicked and I just thought "this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard".

>Unrelated but listen to The Epic by Kamasi Washington if you haven't, best jazz album of this century so far. At least out of what I've heard
>>
File: baitin.gif (32 KB, 205x39) Image search: [Google]
baitin.gif
32 KB, 205x39
>>63488044
Coltrane is the AC/DC of jazz. Get out dad
>>
>>63488604
there's truth to your words but AC/DC never made anything remotely good
>>
>>
>>63488581
>>Unrelated but listen to The Epic by Kamasi Washington if you haven't, best jazz album of this century so far. At least out of what I've heard

oh boy how little modern jazz have you listened to? That album is so mediocre
>>
>>63486550
18ish
Didn't really make the time for it until then though.
I didn't dislike it before, I just didnt listen to it.
>>
>>63486550
>>
about the time i realized i was a black man
>>
>>63488604
>>63488044
>>63488638
y'all know this is a bullshit argument right?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.