[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow, this is great, are any of the Beatles albums anywhere near
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 6VF9m[1].jpg (269 KB, 1000x991) Image search: [Google]
6VF9m[1].jpg
269 KB, 1000x991
Wow, this is great, are any of the Beatles albums anywhere near as groundbreaking? Where should I start with their discography? I'd like to try to appreciate them now that I'm not a shitty avant-teen anymore.
>>
File: turtle.jpg (9 KB, 252x150) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
9 KB, 252x150
>>63485373
>anywhere near as groundbreaking
>>
glad you liked RAM anon. truly a record for every mood and occasion

unfortunately, it's all downhill from here. with everything, really, but especially music. such is the double-edged nature of RAM
>>
>>63485451
All things must pass was groundbreaking because of the production value.
>>
>>63485451
who was doing this shit in 71?
>>
File: snibeti snab x--DD.png (34 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
snibeti snab x--DD.png
34 KB, 666x666
>RAM
>groundbreaking
>>
The Animals>The Beatles
>>
File: Yikes.gif (4 MB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
Yikes.gif
4 MB, 350x260
>it's a hating on classics to be edgy episode
>>
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDSSSSSSSSSSSSS ACROSS THE WATER
>>
File: paul.jpg (35 KB, 642x390) Image search: [Google]
paul.jpg
35 KB, 642x390
>>63486552
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDS ACCROSS THE SKYYYYYY
>>
The first indie rock album. Really is way ahead of it's time.
>>
John Lennon-Imagine
Ringo Starr-Ringo (ALL The Beatles appear on it!)
Ram started this thread, so no need to mention it.
All Things Must Pass Away has already been mentioned so no need to mention it again.

You might also enjoy the first three Badfinger albums and the first Klaatu album.
>>
Animal Collective is probably the closest thing I can think of to that album
>>
I currently prefer Ram to any Beatles album, but that's probably more due to me being so burnt out from them after like practically exclusively listening to them for the first 14 years of my life. Just listen to everything Rubber Soul and onward. Most of those are probably just objectively more groundbreaking than most of Ram, regardless of my current enjoyment of them.
>>
>>63485539
You are 2 years late
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 399x400
This is better than any of the Beatles studio albums.
>>
>>63487263
>MAMA DON'T GO
>DADDY COME HOME
I cry every single time. He rips his voice to shreds like damn.
>>
>>63487263
>This is better than any of the Beatles studio albums
n
>>
>>63485373
If you want to get a decent idea of all the Beatles' stylistic periods I would go:

>With the Beatles
>Rubber Soul
>Revolver
>Sgt. Pepper
>Self-titled
>Abbey Road

If you don't like one then give the next a shot because they're all completely different. If you finish and still want more then go ahead and listen to the rest of their stuff because it's all quality.
>>
>>63487399
>Love is real
>Real is love
>Love is wanting
>To be loved
;_;
>>
>>63485373
that's not even the best solo album in the beatles.
>>
>>63485373
give me a link
>>
>>63490309
>spoonfeed me!
don't be a faggot download it yourself like everyone else
>>
>>63490309
literally the time it took you to write this you could have had it downloaded
>>
The first time I heard Uncle Albert I was stoned and was so blown away, good times... but yeah like the other guy said just go anything Rubber Soul or later. I guess if you want to hear the truly whacky sh*t then check out the White Album
>>
>>63485373
i love this album and i am glad that you have discovered it
>>
>>63485373
does anyone have a dl link on flac for this album? or a torrent?
>>
>>63487263
This is the album that started punk in the 1970s. Sparse minimalistic composition, just three musicians, a totally pissed off attitude, and it must've driven Phil Spector up the wall that he couldn't incorporate his "Wall of Sound" production technique in any way, shape or form. If songs about being a working class hero, atheism, or destroying the past and living in the now isn't punk, then I don't know what is. One of John's best. (And it has Ringo playing on it too, so that's an extra added bonus)
>>
I'd say McCartney (his 1st solo) is an underrated gem. Minimalistic, lo-fi stuff, ahead of its time. Ram is great and Band on the Run is THE album obviously.
That first McCartney album should not be overlooked.
>>
All Things Must Pass > Ram > Imagine > Ringo
>>
>>63495280
This and I'd like to mention Wings Wild Life, London Town, Back to the Egg, and McCartney II are also fantastic albums.
>>
>>63496928
No love for Chaos and Creation in the Backyard?
>>
>>63497026
That was his best since Flaming Pie, but his 00s material is all pretty weak. His worst was Driving Rain. New and Memory Almost Full were really boring. The Fireman - Electric Arguments was good.
>>
>>63493049
>working class hero
Shame Lennon wasn't fucking working class.
>>
>>63485373
>groundbreaking
What is Groundbreaking about RAM?
>>
>>63485508
I take it you've never heard anything else produced by Phil Spector?
>>
>>63493049
>and it must've driven Phil Spector up the wall that he couldn't incorporate his "Wall of Sound" production technique in any way, shape or form
He didn't care. He never even showed up for the sessions.
>>
>>63486776
[citation needed]
>>
>>63497250
He was busy cleaning his knife collection
>>
>>63497174
Incorrect he was born into a working class.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.