[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why weren't these songs on the album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: gnip gnop.jpg (361 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
gnip gnop.jpg
361 KB, 960x960
Why weren't these songs on the album?
>>
Hounds of Barrio should have at least replaced Spilling Guts for fucks sake
>>
>>63481354
yeah, spilling guts coulda worked better on the 45
>>
love that artwork

much better than pw's imo
>>
File: hob.jpg (335 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
hob.jpg
335 KB, 960x960
>>63481543
Hounds artwork is pretty cool too
>>
most of the album songs are better

hounds has the same problem that almost all of panda's songs do, it doesn't go anywhere. i guess it's more interestingly sonicly than most of his songs on the album.

gnip gnop takes the playfulness of the album to an extreme but besides that it's not really remarkable. i feel like it goes on too long
>>
>>63481744
would have loved gnip gnop to replace spilling guts desu. i love it so much.

hounds is kinda weak
>>
Does anyone have a download link? Can't find it on slsk or the archive.
>>
>>63481834
oh yeah i'd take gnip gnop over spilling guts, summing the wretch or natural selection, but i definitely think it's one of Avey's weakest PW songs.
>>
>>63481847 http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/uOJw4qiq/file.html
>>
this ones better: http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/WIJNGHB5/file.html
>>
>>63481354
>>63481502
>>63481834
>>63481892
spilling guts is the only enjoyable song on the entire album
>>
>>63481974
i think that's your problem.
>>
>>63481945
>>63481967
Thank you! Also what has everyone been titling the release? "Gnip Gnop/Hounds of Bairro 7""?
>>
>>63481945
>>63481967
A A R O N
E
L
L
I
S
>>
they are even more soulless than the ones on PW.
i liked PW, dont get me wrong, but they sound straight bored and about to kill themselves on this tracks
>>
Everyone shitting on spilling guts should kill themselves, it's the best song on the album
Anyways, heard both these songs live and they were super underwhelming
>>
>>63481945
>>63481967
Are these vinyl rips or digital downloads?
>>
>>63482234
probs vinyl rips since there is not mp3 release yet
>>
>>63482222
agreeded

this whole artistic decline almost makes me want to kill myself too. it's so pathetic thinking about those guys trying to recapture the magic they hit upon early on and failing so badly.

>>63482224
>it's the best song on the album
ayyy
>>
>>63482412
Where do you get the idea they're trying to "recapture the magic"? If anything, they're intentionally avoiding what made their old albums work.
>>
>>63482262
The gghob-remaster is a vinyl leak I remastered myself. Someone else may have finally recorded an actually good vinyl rip today though haven't checked that other link.
>>
>>63482412
They weren't trying to recapture the magic. They never do. They don't ever want to repeat a previous style. If they wanted to recapture the magic they'd be making Feels and MPP clones non stop but they like challenging themselves and growing as a band.
>>
>>63482474
they're still trying to make beach boy's esque pop with weird sound effects. the fact that they change the sound effects slightly doesn't mean they've changed their goal. compare to anything before mpp. they sound dead here compared to that.
>>
>>63482617
I really don't get why everyone says they're trying to copy the beach boys. Literally nothing they make sounds even remotely beach boys esque. I wish this fucking meme would die. The only thing that sounds remotely beach boys is guys eyes.
>>
>>63483209
try listening to the beach boys sometime
>>
>>63481974
FALL BACK FALL BACK FALL BACK FALL BACK FALL BACK FALL BACK
>>
>>63483246
I've listened to plenty of Beach Boys you tool, they don't sound like the beach boys. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>63483329
>harmonizing vocals
>pop
OH MAN THEY MUST BE COPYING THE BEACH BOYS
>>
>>63483329
if you actually have and aren't lying (doubtful) then you're truly beyond my or anyone else's help
>>
>>63482617
There's obviously Beach Boys influence in AnCo's stuff but I wouldn't even consider it a major part of anything they've done save for MPP.
It's a pretty stupid and reductive claim to say they're trying to make "Beach Boy's esque pop with weird sound effects." let alone to imply they've been doing that since the beginning.
>>
>>63483430
I think the one who is beyond anyone's help is you. You're claiming they're literally a Beach Boys knock off. They aren't, at all. Nothing they make sounds remotely like the Beach Boys. Again, the only thing that does is Guys Eyes and College.

They have INFLUENCE from the Beach Boy's, sure, but to sit there and say they're trying to make beach boy's esque pop is flat out ignorance. You're just as stupid as the people claiming Painting With is Pet Sounds 2.0. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY ZERO SIMILARITIES.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.