[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/mu/ 3 years ago >likes shoegaze, post-rock, post-punk,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
>/mu/ 3 years ago
>likes shoegaze, post-rock, post-punk, krautrock, free jazz, musique concrete, classical, indie, harsh noise, field recordings, balkan folk, etc.

>/mu/ now
>likes top 40, rap, bro country, dance pop and is filled with memes

What happened to the Patricians?
>>
>>63480627
There have never been here.
>>
File: 1458518166061.jpg (49 KB, 298x429) Image search: [Google]
1458518166061.jpg
49 KB, 298x429
dont misrepresent how /mu/ actually was

There was just as much hiphop and pop then as there was now - have you forgotten about the constant taylor swift threads?

also /mu/ still likes most of those genres
>shoegaze, postrock, postpunk,krautrock,indie

and the others werent even ever that popular beyond the occasional niche thread

>/mu/
>/mu/ never changes
>>
Reddit migrating like shitskins to europe.
>>
>bro country
You do realize Jason Aldean is a meme, right?
>>
>>63480627
honestly everyone with half a brain left once it became clear that the median age on mu became 16.

I stop by occasionally to see if theres buzz for anything new.
>>
>>63480768
No, he's the one spamming it and is now trying to act like it had an effect.
>>
>>63480738
except that /mu/ is tumblr now and in 5 minutes they'll all be here to tell you that your /pol/ maymay isn't funny and that you should go back there
>>
File: 46000531.cached.jpg (54 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
46000531.cached.jpg
54 KB, 800x533
Man I love these 4chan users. I get older, they stay the same age...
>>
File: 1456699739008.png (3 MB, 1920x1197) Image search: [Google]
1456699739008.png
3 MB, 1920x1197
Why do you guys keep making fun of neo-/mu/? They have much better taste than /mu/ did back in 2008-2010.
>>
>>63480738
Did you only arrive last year?
>>
>>63480881
I personally like the older albums on the chart. Maybe It's because I don't listen to rap music.
>>
It's full of cucks who hate themselves for being white and think listening to Kanye West will somehow rid them of their whiteness.
>>
>>63480627
Shoegaze, classical, noise and trad all have /general/s now though.
>>
>>63480963
Yeah, that's basically the only reason to come here, for the generals. Everything else is rap and pop viral marketing.
>>
>>63480998
yep, /generals/ for music discussion, the rest of the board for shitposting and bad music
>>
>>63480926
hello newfriend
>>
/mu/ was filled with Yeezus, feels threads and Death Grips 3 years ago, I don't know what makes you believe shoegaze is better at all than top40 pop
>>
>>63480881
other than niggas on the moon and Madvillainy new mu really does suck
>>
Lol, is that a joke? I first started using /mu/ properly in 2013 and it was mostly hip-hop threads. Almost nothing has changed in 3 years.
>>
>>63481051
>yeezus
>3 years ago
hey man i think your timing's a little
>june 2013
fuck
>>
>>63480881
That picture is wrong about basically everything. I have seen more Scaruffi lately than I have in a long while. And I never see Marcel. There is constantly /shugazi/- and /metal/-threads. Also the rap and hiphop hype seems to have decresed.
>>
>>63480627
I've just come back after three years, and it's almost exactly the same. Seriously, compare /mu/core then and now.

People don't seem to like the Antlers any more, though.
>>
>>63481886
Marcel probably made it. No one gives a shit about that little kid. /metal/'s just one general and shoegaze generals are pretty low traffic.
>>
>>63480881
Are you serious? How can you know anything about music and say that the old one isn't better taste? Those albums are significantly more complex than those on the right
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.