[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Grips Interview 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: grips.jpg (50 KB, 635x431) Image search: [Google]
grips.jpg
50 KB, 635x431
Memes aside, why is the music on this interview so objectively fucking good? It give me mad feels /mu/
>>
It sounds like the bastard child of Government Plates and NOTM
>>
Also has a very strong vaporwave vibe both musically and the video aesthetically.

>conceptual art project
>>
>>63478929
All I ever wanted desu
>>
How can you not love the trippy and abstract 30 minutes long instrumental electronic earfuck that is this song. Props to DG 2.0
>>
>>63478843
Sounds like something slapped together in Fruity Loops over the course of an afternoon in order to misdirect fans
>>
>>63479254
Zach did the drumming though...
>>
>objectively
no
I loved it btw
>>
Why aren't they officially releasing it though, maybe there's more to come then there'll be a full instrumental album?
>>
This sounds like DG coming into thier own. I'll be honest, although I like Jenny Death I was a little disappointed especially off the back of NOTM.

This instrumental sounds so good. That drop around 12:30, is so dark. Zach's drum programming is insane. If anyone can rec me anything similar by anyone, I'd thankfully lap it up.

The video itself is also awesome, the music links up so awesomely with the visuals, I love the weird disjointedness of the two elements - they feel strangely in and out of sync at the same time.

Also very reminiscent of those old Black Flag Traget punk videos done on a VHS camcorder or something. Got that weird analogue, Trash Humpers vibe going on especially with that weird host guy, whoever he is.

10/10
>>
>>63480850
TARGET videos like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9_84d47Yf0
>>
>>63480850
>Zach's drum programming is insane
you know he programs with his hands and feet right? He plays it all on a roland electronic kit
>>
>>63481229
I'd believe it, been listening to him since the Hella days, crazy good
>>
>>63478843
this is just proof that Ride is the weakest member of the group
>>
>>63481229
I'm surprised a set of v-drums are even capable of responding accurately to such a precision barrage desu. Zach's awesome.
>>
>>63479074
stop
>>
>>>/out/
>>
>>63481436
ride single-handedly carried exm and TMS with his vocals
>>
>>63479254
That basically describes all of Death Grips's discography.
>>
>>63483234
This, Jenny Death he was a pretty big part in too imo
>>
File: 1455067458192.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455067458192.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
>>63483258
>>
>>63479074
shutup bro
>>
>>63482195
v-drums are top of the line no doubt they could handle it
>>
>>63483234
I really wouldn't listen to them without vocals, the beats are good but they'd be too repetitive without him
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.