[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FACT: If they were signed to Anticon and were semiobscure, instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: blurryface_album.jpg (108 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
blurryface_album.jpg
108 KB, 600x600
FACT: If they were signed to Anticon and were semiobscure, instead of being signed to Fueled By Ramen and having a major hit song, we would be circlejerking over them and how pic related it AOTY.
>>
>>63476337
stop trying to justify your shit taste
>>
>>63476337
I have recently read other comment and feel that I should join the conversation. Many people are in love with twenty-one pilots like I am, but there were also some, not a lot, negative comments. Everyone has their own opinion and mine is that they are great. This is a band of two who make a living off of music. These two put feeling and truth behind their lyrics. In this world they are putting simplistic words into complex rythem and tune as they try to spread a message of living life to be happy. Tyler has been through a lot and just wants others to know that your not alone because when he was younger there was no one for him. I personally believe that this is a great album, and it may even be one of their better ones as this album has much happier and upbeat song such as, stressed out, lane boy, not today, fairly local, etc..
>>
Maybe but that wouldn't change that they are an average band or that the album you've posted is pretty shit.

I have nothing against the band besides their shitty fans, but their music is not very interesting at all in my opinion
>>
>>63476422
having a tough time in 9th grade?
>>
>>63476337
>implying obscurity makes music good

>>63476422
>implying that "everyone has their own opinions" therefore theyre all equally valid (yours isnt)

and for fucks sake, stop it with the 2deep4u relatable-ness bullshit. we all know people relate to mediocre pop music
>>
>>63476337
No, they aren't famous in my country and i still think they're shit.
>>
>>63476422
I like this meme already
>>
>>63476422
Your little friend tyler is faggot who passed through teen age and thinks he is some kind of special snowflake and now he is taking his shit to a industrial level and keeps making shit songs about depression and problems making money off all these stupid ass 16 year olds to think that there all special and that they have bigger problems than everyone else and that deserve attention.
>>
File: 140990345.jpg (62 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
140990345.jpg
62 KB, 630x420
I remember the first time I listened to "Stressed-out".

I was sure these guys were like 18-19 years old swag-jerks (Bieber-like) who were whining about how adult life was hard.

>mfw they're almost 30
>>
>>63476337
No. I Fucking hate his whiny voice. If they were less popular I would just be less confused.
>>
>>63476422
burst into laughter after the first sentence
>>
>>63477573
kek, its true, this faggots talk like they are some 60 year olds who have a lot of wisdom on whats life and shit like that but they are just some young ass boys who think they have something to teach.
>>
but every band on anticon is also shit why would that make 21 pilots suddenly good?
>>
>>63476337
Firstly Anticon wouldn't sign them. Their first two releases were 'Hip Hop Music for the Advanced Listener' and 'Music for the Advancement of Hip Hop'. Perhaps a little arrogant, but as a statement of intent it certainly means they wouldn't release this middle-of-the-road, lowest common denominator shite.

Secondly, not many people here circlejerk to Anticon here anyway and the label itself has been going downhill of late. There certainly hasn't been anything spectacular released by them in some time. That doesn't take away from the classics they've released though.

So no. People would not be circlejerking over this band if they were signed to Anticon.
>>
Its the Linkin Park of this generation
>>
>>63477795
They're worse than Linkin Park. And the Linkin Park of this generation is Bring Me The Horizon.
>>
>>63476337
Maybe if you have absolutely shit taste on a level that should be criminal.
>>
>>63477196
Got that superiority complex going on.
>>
File: why-alopecia.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
why-alopecia.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
>>63476337
this is true. 21 pilots sound just like why?
it's funny that /mu/ will jerk off to why?'s ~emotional~ high school rap-rock bilge but then shit on twenty one pilots because normies like it... you guys have no taste of your own
>>
>>63478187
Not really, I have enough arguments to say that at least Blurryface sucks. It's alright until the end of the first half, where the songs are decent enough to not give a shit about how inconsistent it is, but then every song starts to feel more generic than the previous one and it gets boring. It could have been an ok EP, but every one of their songs sound like some other "indie" mainstrean band plus rap. Even the band members said that it's supposed to sound basic and generic to "represent" accesible top 40 music, and what matters are their completely awful lyrics.
Basically, if you like those songs even the band members would think you're stupid.
>>
21 pilots sounds nothing like /mu/ would obsess over

>circlejerk

hey reddit!
>>
>>63478187
how is alopecia high school shit? and previous shit to that, elephant eyelash and oaklandazulasylum definitely has levels to them that go way above high school
>>
>>63478187
>21 pilots sound just like why?

Stop this meme. 21 pilots and Why? sound nothing like. The only noticeable similarity is that the lead singers switch between rapping and singing and having "catchy choruses". Why?'s lyrics are more stream of consciousness and are less preachy, basic, and romanticized than 21P and their instrumentation is far more varied (I dare you find a 21 Pilots song that is similar to "Good Friday")

I don't even like Why? or 21P.
>>
>>63478483
now explain why alopecia isn't just as bad

>>63478548
you only think that because it's marketed to an indie audience and not a mainstream audience
>>
>>63478617
marketed? you get ads for the music you feel like listening to? so if you stumble upon a song that's some indirect market? or are you talking about the content of the music defining the market?

either way, there are juvenile levels to alopecia, sure (simeon's dilemma) but that's because fuckin losin your girlfriend of seven years or whatever might actually make you go all juvenile. and the whole point with exgesis nullifying the point of the album by being like, i was just venting, is way too self-aware to be high school trivialized
>>
>>63476422
Best new copypasta
>>
>>63478617
I don't know, i haven't listened to it (Alopecia), and if it has similar flaws i probably won't do it soon.
>>
Lol fucking nope.I'd rather listen to Charli XCX or some shit
>>
Nope. No way I'd ever listen to Panic! At The Disco
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.