[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tame Impala is God-Tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 2
File: R-3925637-1349517718-6947.jpeg.jpg (185 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-3925637-1349517718-6947.jpeg.jpg
185 KB, 600x600
Face it, /mu/.
>>
their live show is great but they've yet to make a truly great album
>>
At surface level, the music is like 7/10 for the most part. Yet somehow it speaks to me on a deeper level. It's clearly very inspired art.

Maybe it's just that all their albums are about personal change and heartbreak, and I myself am going through personal change and heartbreak.
>>
>>63464634
>their live show is great
except for Kevin's god awful live vocals
>>
>>63464664
It's like going through personal change and hearbreak, but you're chewing acid at the same time.
>>
>>63464758
Pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>63464595
The Less I Know the Better is catchy as fuck, other than that I'm fairly ignorant. Is it all as sickly sweet and decent?
>>
>>63464758
Not a very deep emotion.
>>
>>63464959
You sound like a pretty cynical person
>>
God op stop making this thread every fucking day
>>
>>63464758
>>63464992
No.

It's like being a seventeen year old doing low quality low dose research chemicals and moping around because a girl turned you down for a date.
>>
>>63465072
That's a cover video. Nice shirt, poster.
>>
>>63465024
"Personal change and heartbreak" is such a vague and vapid 'emotion' that lacks any substance.

There are an endless number of boys singing about that very topic. Tame Impala is just doing it with reverb.
>>
>>63465095
Drugs are actually not required for the enjoyment of Lonerism or any other Tame Impala album.

It's talking about real shit that alot of people go through, and can relate to.

On top of all of this, the production work is top notch.
>>
>>63464686
Yeah they def got better over time. I still do enjoy them though
>>
>>63465130
>It's talking about real shit that alot of people go through, and can relate to.

Right, because its incredibly shallow and surface level 'emotional' things that anyone who has ever had a feeling could understand.

And the production is only satisfactory given Parker's situation.
>>
>>63465111
I'm not sure how you think changing who you are as a person is an insubstantial and vapid occurrence. It kinda makes me think that you've given up on yourself and you thus project negativity onto people who haven't given up on themselves.
>>
>>63465095
You could say the same for that whiney bitch Thom Yorke, but it had it's magic.
This is the only band to date that I truly feel can save Rock and Roll
>>
>>63465156
If anything, the production is more than just satisfactory given his situation (as a one man production outfit)
>>
>5/10 indie pop with an instagram filter over it
>God tier

Pick one and only one.
Tame Impala is a notably derivative band in a genre whose only defining feature is being derivative.
>>
>>63465156
>its incredibly shallow and surface level 'emotional' things
Personal change goes deep
>anyone who has ever had a feeling could understand
Is this a bad thing?
>>
>>63464595
>God-Tier
we like to use the term 'patrician' around these parts, boy. Fukin' get er' right!
>>
>>63465198
All genres are derivative of something you autist
>>
>ITT: Cynics get mad at people for having emotional connections to music they don't like

Chill the fuck out
>>
>>63465198
You sir, are an arrogant know nothing know it all.
You're out of your element Donnie
>>
They are the most popular 'guitar'/rock band in the world at the moment. Let that sink in /mu/.
>>
>>63465159
Speaking of projectors, you're an awfully strong one.

People change every single day of their lives. "Personal change" is a vague concept with no substance.

>>63465184
It's unfortunate you put so much stock in such a lukewarm band.

>>63465195
Alright, it's slightly above satisfactory. Its not impressive in any fashion.

>>63465212
>Personal change goes deep

Unfortunately, Kevin Parker neglects to say anything regarding "deep" personal change"

>Is this a bad thing?

No, but its certainly not "deep".

>>63465235
Seems more like "Tame Impala fans are defensive because not everyone shares their irrational reverence for a mediocre psychedelic pop band".
By the way, I think they're alright but you boys are blowing this severely out of proportion.
>>
>>63465291
They actually aren't, but feel free to say things that aren't true. After all, this is a Tame Impala thread.
>>
File: halcyon-digest.jpg (62 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
halcyon-digest.jpg
62 KB, 600x592
>>63465291
>They are the most popular 'guitar'/rock band in the world at the moment.
k
>>
>>63465353
>>63465394
I don't even really like them. But name another relevant current rock/guitar band that is as popular as Tame Impala.

pro tip: you can't
>>
>>63464896
Listen to Apocalypse Dreams and Keep On Lying
>>
>>63465327
>Unfortunately, Kevin Parker neglects to say anything regarding "deep" personal change"

Straight up not true

>I heard about a wind that's coming 'round
>It's gonna carry off all that isn't bound
>And when it happens, when it happens (I won't be holding on)
>So let it happen, let it happen

>Everything is changing,
>And there's nothing I can do
>My world is turning pages
>While I am just sitting here
>>
>>63465447
I agree with you but these are poor examples
>>
tame impala is this generation's ELO
>>
>>63465447
wew so deep
>>
>>63465447
Wow, he's really pontificating that things change.

This is certainly incredibly deep stuff right here, it definitely solidifies Kevin Parker greatest most relevant most popular most important rock/guitar band in the world currently.
>>
>>63464634
i feel the opposite is true. their live show is largely dependent on backing tracks rather than live performance, so that turns me off right away. but his studio recordings are pretty good.
>>
>>63465479
This is the only thing in this entire thread that is accurate.
>>
>>63464595
Good but there's always better.
>>
>>63465525
recs?
>>
>>63465429
Thee Oh Sees, who have been doing it for longer and putting out better material, and if you think they're not as popular or as relevant no one is going to be able to reach you.
>>
>>63465557
If you explicitly want rehashed 60s pop then the Olivia Tremor Control has done what Tame Impala has fifteen years ago and better.

If you just want rehashed pop music then Ariel Pink has done what Tame Impala has done ten years ago and better.
>>
>>63465562
>Thee Oh Sees
Kek, literally who?

I look them up, don't even have 1/10th the amount of likes on their facebook page as Tame Impala, their albums have barely even charted.

I've never listened to them, they could be great for all I know, but they don't even hold a candle to Tame Impala in terms of popularity or relevance.
>>
>>63465613
No one can reach you.
>>
>>63465659
>No one can reach you.

This is what you respond when you can't debate my point or prove me wrong. Tame Impala is empirically the MOST POPULAR AND RELEVANT rock/guitar band of the modern day.
>>
>>63465659
He's right that's a stupid example. I like them but no way are they near tame impalas level album wise and popularity wise.
>>
>>63465681
>most popular and relevant
Cafe the elephant
The black Keys
Hell even Portugal. The Man
I am very pro-tame impala but to call them the biggest rock band in the world is inaccurate
>>
>>63464595
Stop spamming with this shit every day, I like Tame Impala a lot but it's tiring to see the same bloody threads again and again
>>
>>63466213
The Black Keys are probably the only competition, but I don't know if you could consider them a 'modern band' when they have been around for well over 10 years. I still think Tame Impala are more relevant and popular in current times than The Black Keys.

Cafe The Elephant and Portugal The Man don't even come close to Tame Impala's popularity and relevance.
>>
>guitar music's best group
Rock fans must be really proud, hahah.
>>
>>63466213

Considering i couldn't even name you a song by two of the bands on your list i don't think you can say they are more popular.

In terms of normy opinion then something pleb like Muse or foo fighters are still probably the 'biggest' rock bands around
>>
>>63466898
>they're the most popular band in the world
>out or the band's that I like
Yeah ok friend :^]
>>
>>63466898
Muse and Foo Fighters aren't a 'modern band'. If we considered all current bands, The Rolling Stones would be the biggest band that still exists.

>>63466967
He's right tho, hardly anyone would have heard of those 2 bands except for black keys
>>
>>63466334
>>63466213
>Cafe the Elephant
>they honestly think this is their name
>>
>>63467169
shows how unknown and irrelevant they are
>>
>>63466322
welcome to /mu/
>>
>>63465327

>Alright, it's slightly above satisfactory. Its not impressive in any fashion.

are you a producer? The production on currents is absolutely inspired. Listening to "nangs" on a pair of genelecs in a properly calibrated room will melt your brain.
>>
Best modern psych revival next to dungen, Morgan delt, and unknown mortal orchestra.
>>
>>63465435
apocalypse is the best release of the 21st century
>>
>>63464686
Really ? I saw them recently and he was nice.
>>
holy fuck this thread is bad and only reinforces how young and dumb TP fans are.
>>
I face it readily. Tame Impala is upper crust music making.

But this thread fucking sucks.
>>
lonerism and innerspeaker are not that bad, but nothing special
currents is godawful
>>
>>63464758

Except that situation sounds nowhere near as much of a lush experience as the album is. I mean, eating acid and going through heartbreak and shit would be fucking awful
>>
>>63464896
Their earlier stuff is much different and much more psych rock inspired. Listen to Innerspeaker and their early demos like My Lover Mother Nature and When the Feeling's In the Core
>>
if you think this band is god tier you objectively have bad taste in music
>>
>>63465429
Arctic Monkeys
>>
>>63472196
They aren't a modern group (founded in 2002) and are currently on hiatus tho f am
>>
>>63466334
Tame Impala has been around for at least 8 years now
>>
>>63472221
They only broke out onto the music scene in 2010, and anything under 10 years is 'modern'.
>>
Been following Tame Impala since sundown syndrome/remember me, ty kingsmill back when triple j were doing their job right.
>>
>>63472151
>eating acid and going through heartbreak and shit would be fucking awful.
Bad trips are common on acid, so yea. its a heave and hell scenario, but thats also what the album is about: lush bright poppy psych mixed with inner termoil and frustration
>>
>>63472152
His demos are God tier lofi stoner psych

And latenight moonlight is amazing

Easily their most tasteful work

Lonerism is nice (one if my fav albums) but it's actually quite bland
>>
>>63465235
we're not getting mad because you like it. we're getting mad because you make a thread literally every day where you try to say that tame impala is better than the music that we like
>>
hahaha check it out guys he made the thread again. for real though please just stop op i can't believe how hard you are trying
>>
>>63464595
stop making these threads everyday op, nobody fucking cares about your college level entry psychodelic band.
keep /mu/ normie clean
>>
>>63472747

A "nice" and "quite bland" album is one of your faves?
>>
>>63465681
>>63465681
Kevin parker barely uses a fucking guitar anymore and when he does it gets lost in the mix. Tame Impala are fucking garbage. The only critically acclaimed musicians to consistantly feature guitar prominantly of the past 15 years are Godspeed you! Black Emperor. Michael Gira made great use of the guitar on To Be Kind as well. Im sure there a multiple other example of use of guitar that leave tame impala for dead but I just can't think of them at the moment. Fuck even Beach House feature a more pronounced focus on guitar on their albums.
>>
>>63468473
Lmfao holy fuck. Im done senpai
Tame impala fans are officially the worst.
>>
>>63473354
It was a good album to walk home with
>>
It's good, but not influential.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.