[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the hell is this so underrated? this is fuckin great. easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: congratulations.jpg (219 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.jpg
219 KB, 500x500
why the hell is this so underrated? this is fuckin great. easily top 10 best psynch pop since 2000
>>
>>63459994
I agree it's an amazing album, my favorite MGMT album to be honest. Better than anything else they've done.

It's working in your blood, but you know it's not the same as love, love is only in your mind.
>>
Am I late for the Reddit meetup? We're holding it in this thread, right?
>>
>>63460076
LE EPIC WEBSITE WAR MEME XD
LE EPIC MU HAS BETTER TASTE THAN REDDIT MEME
LE I AM A 4CHANNER LEGION MEME XD
LE MUCORE IS NOT REDDITCORE MEME XD
LE I'M PATRICIAN BECAUSE I LISTEN TO MUCORE ALL THE TIME MEME XD
>>
I love it too.

Which are your favorite songs ?
>>
>>63460035
i absolutely love this album but i havent listened to this band in a while cause all the teen tumblr nme loving girls are a big turn off and i guess kinda ruin this album for me even though its still good. My favourite song is I Found A Whistle i think
>>
>>63460160
not op but siberian breaks is my fav mgmt song along with metanoia
>>
>>63460076
Oh, so you're 13?

>>63460168
Oh, so you're 13 too? Why do people let a fanbase affect their opinion of the music? You know you're not like the fanbase so why the fuck do you care? Do you just not want to be associated with them? Who the fuck cares?

God some of you kids here are way too conscious of your social status and it's annoying.
>>
>>63460160
Title track reminds me of syd barrett and sunflower era bb
>>
Not even joking it's scooby doo music
>>
>>63460215
Well to me any type of art and my enjoyment of it is heavily influenced by context so yeah the way i see a song can change depending on the context around it whether it is the fanbase or how the artist is as a person etc. A good example of this would be how the death of david bowie made me appreciate his last album a lot more than i would have.
>>
>>63460197

Listening right now.
>>
>>63460160
Flesh Delirium
>>
>>63460269
kek'd i agree with that on the track "brian eno" but i like the scooby doo music desu senpai it's still a decent song even though not the best on the album
>>
i think its pretty fairly rated, at least from what ive seen here on /mu/. it's a pretty great album
>>
>>63459994
Too bad there are only 4 good psych-pop albums since 2000
>>
>>63460160
Brian Eno
>>
>>63460232

as Title Track u mean Congratulations?
I just love this one.
>>
>>63460302
>Flash

fixed
>>
>>63460168
actually my favourite song is a tie between i found a whistle and someone's missing
>>
>>63459994
>underrated

le sigh
>>
>>63460477
i fucking hate this "le ______" meme stop it. shits stupid.
>>
>>63460501
i agree plz stop with the cancer
>>
>>63460140
LE EBIN XD POSTER
>>
>>63460501
>>63460530
le succ
>>
>>63460501
"le ____" is one of the oldest memes, fuck off senpai
>>
>>63459994
Psynch? What is a psynch?
>>
>>63460361
And the rest are...?
>>
>>63461190
i'm dumb sorry
>>
>>63459994

I was in HS when they came out with their first album, got to see them at ACL that next year.

They sucked live.
>>
>>63459994
Siberian Breaks is the best song ever made, this album is a fucking 10/10
>>
its a great album for people who are getting into music seriously. i really like it, siberian breaks is a superb song
>>
>>63460160
Song for Dan Treacy and Brian Eno hit the perfect spot of Scooby Doo psych pop.
>>
this album will always remind me of being a dishwasher, because the title track was on the playlist of the restaurant, and all i would hear of the music they were playing was the bass. i got pretty good at recognizing songs by their basslines / rhythm sections, and Congratulations was no exception. great song
>>
>>63463147
this tbqh
dan treacy is the best
siberian breaks is p legendary and flash delirium is fun
>>
>>63459994
it's not underrated
/mu/ talks of it all the time
they need to make more
>>
>>63463170
I immediately thought you were talking about the kitchen appliance.
>>
>>63464162
underrated outside of /mu/ dummy.When u mention mgmt to most people they think kids or time to pretend. Most people who know about or praise those two songs don't know about congratulations.
>>
>>63464258
the funniest thing is a lot of the people I've talked to think OC is better than congratulations, which is just wrong
>>
>>63464282
weren't they basically told to make OC? like the record company just wanted an album that had those singles on it or something like that.
>>
"Brian Eno" is secretly awesome, as a punk song
>>
>>63460160
Siberian Breaks

I just wish that THERE IS NO REASON THERES NO SECRETS TO DECODE bit went on a little longer
>>
>>63464282
>>63464408
>OC

Do you guys mean OS (Oracular Spectacular)?
>>
>>63460160
Congratulations is one of my favourite songs ever
>>
>>63464472
whoops
>>
>>63464472
ya ya whatever :3
>>
>>63464203
same
>>
>>63460291
The death of an artist is not the same in terms of context a an artist's fan base my guy
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.