[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got denied from Columbia University. FUCK THE WORLD. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: good-kid-maad-city.jpg (558 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
good-kid-maad-city.jpg
558 KB, 1500x1500
Just got denied from Columbia University. FUCK THE WORLD.

I need music. Currently listening to Modern Vampires of the City (by Columbian graduates fuck my life)
>>
File: MI0002016275.jpg (23 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
MI0002016275.jpg
23 KB, 400x394
you should travel instead
college is better with real world experience
i dropped out of community college at 19 or 20, and now i'm back in school and its great
i mean its a trade school but i'm doing what i want

listen to this and you'll forget all about new york
https://youtu.be/9KpIV57PSeo
>>
>>63456279
don't listen to this guy

Don't worry opie, you'll get into a good school and forget Columbia even turned you down. When I was applying to law schools, I got turned down from like my top 4 choices but it all worked out in the end.
>>
>>63456322
this guy went to law school, definitely don't listen to him
listen to me, you don't have to leave for long
go get some foreign pussy and drink with the working class for awhile, get some perspective
you'll thank this guy next year, you'll thank me in 10
>>
Work a decent paying blue collar job for a year or two ( like Pipelining) and save your cash, then go to college

You'll have savings to make it easier and real world experience for maturity. Or maybe you'll just decide that's the type of work you enjoy and live a perfectly happy life without college
>>
>>63456396
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM OPIE

Go to college when you're fresh out of high school so you can go to college with other people who are fresh out of high school. You definitely do not want to be the 20 year old freshman. Go to college and travel while you're in college or right after.
>>
File: cover0.jpg (190 KB, 888x888) Image search: [Google]
cover0.jpg
190 KB, 888x888
Here's some music I found on /x/. I doubt anyone involved ever went to college, if that makes you feel better.
>>
>vampire weekend
lol pleb, probably why they denied you
>>
>>63456498
fuck this guy
you don't want a bunch of fake friends anyways. sure you'll get annoyed by your colleagues immaturity, but that's not the worst thing. better to smirk at an asshat than be an asshat
>>
>>63456575
my friends from college are some of the best friends i've had in my life. how are they "fake friends"?
>>
>>63456675
dude i don't know your life how should i know
>>
>>63456279
Really good music. Will consider traveling. New York is overrated anyway.

>>63456322
Thanks. I've got a few more schools I'm waiting on, we'll see what they say.

>>63456396
This sounds risky but also very rewarding and just a wonderful experience. You've really gotten my interest. I want to live with and understand the working class. I want to chill with them.

>>63456480
Yeah I could get a cheap job, save up, and go. We'll see. Will probably do that.

>>63456498
I could do that, we'll see. I have to wait on other decisions first.

>>63456558
Been to /x/, pretty creepy place. This is inspiring though, thanks.

>>63456568
Vampire Weekend... came FROM COLUMBIA YOU FUCKING BUFFOON.

>>63456575
True, fake friends are the worst.
>>
>>63456721
i'm just trying to figure out where the "fake friends" thing came from
>>
college was some of the best years of my life, i wouldn't wait if i were you
>>
File: automatic for the people.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
automatic for the people.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>63456150
Do not give up hope ye of little faith. You will get into a school.

I highly recommend this album for times like this. It's really uplifting, I always feel better after listening to it.
>>
>>63456737
trust me OP, i've had some bad years and walked some strange paths but if I stuck with college right out of high school I would not be where I am today.
I'm in the top of my class and a role model for my fellow students, my teachers are always impressed with my knowledge and practicality, and best of all I have a circle of the best friends anyone could ask for back home.
I won't lie to you, it is weird being older. 18 year olds are not nice people. But its a good weird, it definitely doesn't hold me back.
>>
>>63456905
this sounds like some old weirdo m80s id ignore all these yarns hes spinnin
>>
>>63456829
I don't want to wait, but I want to become a famous musician. It's all that matters.

>>63456897
I just want to become a famous musician.

>>63456905
I don't care about being a role model. I just want to be Thom Yorke.

>>63456966
He sounds okay.
>>
>>63456905
>trusting this guy
>>
>>63457004
>I just want to become a famous musician

I do not think your schooling will have a major part in this. I mean you should go to school, but it's not like Columbia would magically make you famous.
>>
Move to alaska or texas. The fishing or oil business pay a lot if you're willing to put in the work.
>>
>>63456150
I don't get murrian uni system
Do you apply for a specific course? (btw what was it in your case, op?)
What the fuck is that "major in something, minor in other completely unrelated shit" shit?
>>
Don't be too down. At least you're even applying to Columbia University.
>>
punk
>>
>>63456150
>he didn't get a 2400 on the SAT
>he's possibly underage
>he's listening to the worst vampire weekend record
Dropped, just like Columbia dropped you
>>
>>63456150
Hey OP, did they reject you by mail or by email?

Asking because I applied to Columbia as well.

I'm assuming email since USPS doesn't run on Sunday.

If you're going to grad school then undergrad doesn't matter too much, and otherwise life will still work out. Even people who go to community colleges enjoy life.

here's some sugary j-pop (Perfume, from JPN): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXAlCazm3J0
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.