[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my dad patrician? Also, Post your parents, music collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 20160320_114649.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160320_114649.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Is my dad patrician?

Also, Post your parents, music collection
>>
My dad listens to classical radio.
And when I talk about stuff like LA Monte young ,John cage or literally any CO. Poser from like the last 200 years he knows nothing.
He also knows nothing about rock or pop music.
And his records were just a bunch of bulls hit like Peking opera which he said sicker and the only even remotely notable things were Tomita - pictureso at an exhibition and the well tempered synthesizer.
He's also a jewelry who hates when I make anti semetic jokes and actually thinks trump is like Hitler.
What a fuccboi.
I should never talk to him unless I need money.
>>
>>63445674
>greatest hits
>>
I was blessed with the almighty progdad
>>
>>63445674
wow, FIVE (5) albums everybody knows? yeah anon, what a le patrick your father is, I bet you're as le sophisticated connoisseur as him!
>>
>>63445674
>final cut
>greatest hits
your dad is a class A pleb

>>63445775
>He's also a jewelry
damn...
>>
>>63445674
maybe not patrician but that doesn't mean he doesn't have killer taste
>>
>>63445775
>Being a son completely detached from his father and leech money off of him

You're literally a shit being

>>63445786
Without greatest hits, how would we know their discography is worth buying?
>>
>Black Sabbath

Yes

It's hard to find good vinyl.
>>
My dad listening to the better side of prog in my opinion, some great Krautrock as well. He actually owns an original pressing of Tago Mago with the alt cover and an original german pressing of Neu!
However, he still listens to what is considered "dadrockcore"

Pretty dope music taste imo, I really enjoy talking to him about music because it seems to be the only thing other than film we actually bond over.
>>
>>63445904
>You're literally a shit being
This so much. I never knew mine and could've really used one growing up. Cherish what you got anon.
>>
>>63445908
>However, he still listens to what is considered "dadrockcore"
But this isn't a bad thing at all. If you filter out all so called "dadrock" you're missing out on vast quantities of really great music
>>
>>63445674
>The Final Cut
>Best Of album
PLEBSHIT
>>
>>63445919
But I was mainly trolling in that post.
Really I keep fucking up so don't want to talk to him so he gets angry and cuts off support since Im homeless right now
And there's WI if in the shelter I'm in.
Really I just hate myself and want to die though.
And I regularly feel like I should never have been born.
>>
>>63445949
oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy bands like Oasis, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Boston.

I used it to generalise because it's easier to understand.

I suppose in the end dadrock is slightly subjective. Because my dadrock, is like Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa, Love, CAN. Because along with the cliche dad rock bands my dad listens to these bands much more.
>>
>>63446033
That's rough. The worst thing you can do at that point is to stay and wallow though, you just got to keep pushing through no matter how hard it can seem. I've been through some rough shit myself too so I know how it feels. It will get better though dude, you just gotta keep on pushing forwards.
>>
File: 20160320_122634.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160320_122634.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
My dad's other Viynals. He has some good gems actually .
>>
>>63445775
Trump is exactly like Hitler, anti Semitic, micro penis and all.
>>
>>63446247
Trump just hates Mexicans and blacks. He's cool with the jews
>>
>>63446137
>Grand Funk RR
>James Brown
Seems pretty cool for a dad desu
>>
>>63445674
The Final Cut is peepee xDD
>>
my dad has a long shelf of lps but he hasn't listened to them in year and years. He only listens to sports radio or disney themed internet radio stations.
>>
My dad showed me GSY!BE and NMH and all those other entry level weird-bands but every once in a while I'll see something else he likes and it baffles me how a 50-something old man has all this weird shit in his iTunes.
(I think his collected total music would play for like a year straight if you played his library from start to finish? I might be retarded)
>>
My Dad listens to the Foo Fighters greatest hits album on repeat, so there you go.
>>
>>63448174
>GSY!BE
At least learn the correct abbreviation before posting on /mu/, kiddo.
>>
File: 1452803913212.png (3 MB, 1339x4474) Image search: [Google]
1452803913212.png
3 MB, 1339x4474
>>63447795
refet to this chart for objective ranking of pink floyd albums
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.