[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw reading Scaruffi's article on the Beatles Why are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: -.jpg (452 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
452 KB, 800x792
>tfw reading Scaruffi's article on the Beatles

Why are Beatles' fans so fucking pathetic?
>>
A fair number of them just "like" the band because they feel that they're supposed to
>>
You hear that they're the greatest ever from a young age and you tag along because you're "supposed to". Beatles fans probably haven't even heard of the Red Crayola or the United States of America
>>
it scares me desu, I mean I love the Beatles, to the point where I've read biographies, followed solo careers etc, but it genuinely freaks me out how they seem to attract that extremist line of thought. Paul is dead, Manson, MDChapman, dude who tried to kill Harrison....why do they seem to attract so much insanity?
>>
>>63440338
The scale of their impact was unprecedented
They seemed like gods, there was no equivalent
>>
>>63440235
>sucking scaruff's dick
why are you so _pathetic_?
>>
>>63441036
this is one thing scaruffi is right about desu
>>
>>63440235
Look at Kanye fans they're constantly in denial about all of his shitty releases. Now imagine that but with a band which was an even bigger phenomenon and when it was harder to get into great underground music. Now imagine your parents insist they are great, every single critic always talks about their influence because if they express dissent they won't be published.
>>
The Beatles were cucks
>>
>>63441081
>because if they express dissent they won't be published
Lester Bangs wrote anti-Beatles material quite a bit
>>
>>63440277

How would the Beatles not have heard of the United States Of America?? I'm pretty sure they performed there before...
>>
>>63440338
I agree with this anon. Also anyone who had as much fame and success as the Beatles is likely to get the same amount of backlash and hate. This is why people who dislike the Beatles are so passionate about disliking them.
>>
>>63440277
I love The United States of America (their only album atleast) and Red Krayola and I love the Beatles too. Nice meme.
>>
>>63440235
>pathetic
>reads scaruffi

sounds about right
>>
>>63440235
>tfw you need to be told your opinion on music
>>
I don't know, man. To be quite frank, I've never liked The Beatles. Not even as kid.
>>
>>63440235
Why do you care so much to feel that way? They're just a band.
>>
The only thing worse than Beatles fans are people who suck some lame old Italian man's dick and act like his edgy high school freshman opinion written in the style of a college freshman is worth anything

Ps
The Beatles fucking rule
Listen to Liquid Swords
>>
>>63441081
Yep, the Beatles and Kanye West are actually terrible artist, and mainstream press and consumers have all been lying this whole time. You're music's last hope! Tell us about Matmos!
>>
>>63440235
Scaruffi's essay is completely innaccurate, and his reviews do not reflect the scores that he gave their albums

Not to mention that he dropped Revolver from a 7 to a 5 which is where ICP sits (inb4 some scaruffi drone says this is accurate)

I don't think he's a bad reviewer nor that the Beatles are even close to the greatest of all time, but it's pretty sad how butthurt he got over this
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 553x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 553x827
>>63446439
Looks like the reddit rap cuck got triggered
>>
>>63446439

scaruffi's inaccurate anyway, dude wants to fuck and marry 12 year olds.
>>
Speaking from experience, I'm going to guess the people who feel the need to incessantly talk shit about the Beatles are probably older teens who have freshly bucked their middle school years of listening to classic rock exclusively.

The Beatles have been broken up for 46 years. They're still a large presence, but they're also entirely avoidable in this modern era.

Spoiler: The Beatles are pretty good! Great, even. And they're here to stay. In 20 years, all of the boomers will be dead. People won't be listening to the music of Big Crosby at Christmas, but people will still listen to the Beatles.
>>
>>63446525
Hey, this guy is going to defend his point of view and deride hip hop as a culture.

Stay in metal threads, you dipshit racist.
>>
>>63446599
ITS 2016
>>
>>63445604
>This is why people who dislike the Beatles are so passionate about disliking them.

That's just a reaction to the rabid fandom. Saying you dislike The Beatles is worse than claiming to be a Nazi, so extreme is the over-reaction from people.

So once you've sat down, listened to the discography, attempted to understand the cultural phenomena around them, and still dislike them you basically need to prepare crushing critiques like Scaruffi to defend the totally reasonable opinion which is; I don't like The Beatles.

Same with disliking Bowie, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc. Fans take your dislike for them as a personal assault. People are so fragile, they get their feelings hurt because you have different tastes - it's pathetic.
>>
>>63446755
Go outside, dude. I'm serious.
>>
>>63446755
Church
>>
>>63446755
I like harry potter, but can't stand star wars and I've never been a big fan of bowie.
I've been in literal heated arguments over not liking star wars, I don't like it and I don't get why I have to.
>>
>>63446775
>>63446860
That post doesn't say which of those things I like / dislike; your reactions are proving my point though.

>>63446888
I just blatantly change the subject when the likes of Star Wars comes up, can't think of any reasonable conversations I've ever had about it.

Apparently all it takes to be part of a cultural movement is sit on your ass watching poorly conceived space-dramas, whatever, to each their own.
>>
>>63446888
Not real life arguments though, I guarantee. Lame Internet shouting. You're not special because you don't like something popular, but your trip clearly indicates you want to be special.
>>
>>63446955
Wow you're really deep and unique

Why don't you read a how to on wiping your stink ass and rent a sailboat for the afternoon
>>
>>63446983

I never said that I was special because I don't like something thats popular. You're making some pretty broad assumptions here.
>>
>>63446010
/thread
>>
>>63447023

Damage control, the post.
>>
>>63447042
That's what you're saying, right? That not liking Star Wars makes you an enemy of normals? Nobody will give you shit for that dude. Come on.
>>
>>63447180
I'm not saying that, I'm saying I don't like star wars. Are you an assdamaged fan?
>>
>>63447068
Yeah, I really pulled out all the stops, didn't I? Sailboat and everything!
>>
>>63440277
Where do I start with The Red Krayola
>>
>>63447214
>I've been in literal heated arguments over not liking Star Wars.

PS The first Star Wars is great, EP V and VII are good, and the rest I can take or leave. It doesn't bother me that you're not into any of it though.

I was a huge Indiana Jones kid.
>>
>>63446755
They get personally insulted because their life revolves around the thing that they like. Like it's a part of their personality.
>>
>>63447395
This is true
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.