[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The first song you remember listening to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: (.).png (143 B, 4x4) Image search: [Google]
(.).png
143 B, 4x4
>Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
I was probably 4 years old and it was playing on the car radio
>>
Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley and the Comets

my dad had a CD that he made for whenever we were in the car, and i usually only left to go to church as a kid, so now I associate that song really strongly with that time
>>
Possibly some Dionne Warwick sings Bacharach
>>
>>63438383
hound dog by elvis presley
>>
Better than Ezra - Good

I have very distinct memories of that bassline playing in the car with my mom, and specifically thinking about how it was my favorite song.
>>
>>63438383
Scorpions - No One Like You
>>
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. My dad had pretty good taste I'd say.

>>63438411
>>63438518

Were your parents in their 20s in the 60s by chance?
>>
>>63438383
clean up clean up
everybody do your share
clean up clean up
everybody everywhere
>>
>>63438644
nope, my dad listened to talking heads in college
>>
>>63438656
Ah, I was guessing your parents were boomers by the songs.
>>
>>63438644
No, def not. a lot younger
>>
>>63438383
Cleanin Out My Closet, I was 7 when that album came out so around then. Still got a soft spot for Em even though naturally /mu/ doesn't like the most popular artist of the decade
>>
>>63438383
Smokestack Lighting, Lightning Hopkins. My granddad played it a lot when I was little and living with him
>>
Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
I was 2 years old, the year was 1996, and my sister would constantly play that song. I would start singing along even though I didn't know the words and the only reason why I remember this is because my parents recorded me singing it during a vacation so they could play it at family gatherings and embarrass me in front of everyone.

I fucking HATE this song.
>>
311 - down
>>
>>63438383
The first song I distinctly remember was my dad playing Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks. I remember it was the live version because my dad and I timed the curse word so well and she'd get so pissed at me but my dad would just smile at me. Damn that was his favorite song, once in a while I just go out to a field and drink a few beers while listening to it and some of the other music we'd listen to like whitesnake, Gnr, led zep, acdc etc.

Goddammit /Mu/ I didn't ask for these feels.
>>
september - earth wind & fire
my mother is a huge fan and she had a best hits CD that was always played in the car whenever we went on trips so it's like, one of those songs deeply ingrained in my memory
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.