[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick your poison, /mu/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 1443033357668.png (2 MB, 1939x782) Image search: [Google]
1443033357668.png
2 MB, 1939x782
Pick your poison, /mu/.
>>
desu enema of the state is the best out of all of those
>>
>tfw never heard any of these
>>
>>63432485
I remember making exactly the same thread with same picture some time ago

Also nu-metal > butt rock >>>>> pop punk
>>
pop punk > nu metal > 2000s angst rock
>>
>>63432485
Chevelle > Breaking Benjamin > Nickelback > Puddle of Mud

Deftones (who are fucking great) >>>>>>>> Korn > Linkin Park > Limp Bizkit

Idk. Paramore is probably the better band out of those, but Enema is the best album of the bunch.
>>
middle > right >>>>>>>>>> left
>>
>>63432528
Yeah I stumbled upon it on the archive and liked it, so thanks. I think Around The Fur is definitely the best album there.
>>
pop punk >nu metal> butt rock for sure

I actually saw Chevelle at a local radio station rock festival years back, there was some roadie or some shit filling in for the rhythm guitarist and holy fuck they were god awful
>>
nu-metal > pop-punk > post-grunge
>>
There should be a fourth category for "alternative":
>Demon Days
>Black Holes and Revelations
>Viva La Vida
>Is This It
>>
>>63432485
right > middle > left

post grunge is irredeemable, nu metal has a decent band or two, pop punk also has a decent band or two but is at least more fun to listen to
>>
Infinity on High is easily the best out of all of those, not even really close. Enema of the State is drastically overrated
>>
>>63432792
Those albums don't have much in common with each other though. They're also all generally well liked so I'm guessing most people would choose that over nu metal or pop punk.

>>63432835
>post grunge is irredeemable
If I'm honest I actually don't mind Chevelle. Probably because they take greater influence from bands like Tool over grunge bands.
>>
>>63432792
Say what you will about the other three, but lumping in Is This It is fucking stupid. Massive critical acclaim and generally well-loved by everyone. Disliking that album is just being a hipster faggot.
>>
Around the Fur > pop punk > remaining three nu-metal > post-grunge
>>
>>63432792
Those albums are generally liked though
>>
>>63432835
>nu-metal has a decent band or two
There actually quite a few of pretty good nu-metal bands. Velcra, Snot, Pulse Ultra, Nothingface, Mudvayne, Flapjack are all great.
>>
Nu-metal was the shit, fuck the haters. Also quit acting like you above listening to all this shit. All you faggots think you are better but half of you listen to indieshit and the other half listen to trash hip hop.
>>
Around The Fur >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sig Other + Follow the Leader > Irredeemable Garbage
>>
Middle because Deftones is fuckin great
>>
>>63433287
>Around The Fur>Hybrid Theory+Follow the Leader>>>>>>>>Irredeemable Garbage
ftfy
>>
I want to eat out the asshole of the paramore chick after she took a shit
>>
Chevelle > Breaking Benjamin > Nickelback > Puddle of Mudd
Deftones > Linkin Park > Korn > Limp Bizkit
Green Day > Paramore > Fall Out Boy > blink-182
>>
>>63433159
>>63433082
Many of the albums on the chart were also very popular. I was under the impression this was simply different loose categories of what /mu/ listened to in middle school, and to ignore the kids that listened to "alternative" stuff seems out of place.
>>
>>63433641
It's not just about popularity, but general consensus among people who know what they're talking about. Aside from "Last Nite," The Strokes haven't really broken into the mainstream in a major way (certainly not to the extent that a lot of other albums listed, especially Coldplay and Muse, have), but the consensus from the music nerds who give a shit seems to be that it's very, very good. It was in the Top 10 on a BUNCH of end-of-decade lists, not something a Green Day or Blink 182 album is going to be able to boast about.
>>
>>63432485
linkin park is easily 9/10, i choose that
>>
>>63432485
Middle, I guess.
>>
>>63432485
Middle so I get Deftones
>>
>>63432485
Middle all the way, tho Enema is the best out everything here
>>
The middle and right are about equal, and aren't even necessarily bad. But the left section has no artistic legitimacy, at all. If I had to choose, I'd go with the right.
>>
>>63432485
American Idiot is the best album there.
>>
>>63432485
By far the right, although I wish I could pick up Hybrid Theory. At least there's a whole lot of "fun" in the right column. Left just seems fucking miserable.
>>
At least the middle has Deftones
>>
>>63432520
wow
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.