[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got introduced to The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me by Brand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Got introduced to The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me by Brand New today and I love it.
Thoughts on this album? Any similar artists?
>>
I got two. Balance & Composure and Citizen nigga.
>>
>>63429538
Very nice, especially Citizen. What would this genre be called?
>>
>>63429806
Fuck I'm just gonna say alt rock Tbqh.
>>
Deja was better.
>>
>>63430424
>>63429806
its emo and post hardcore you fucking melons
>>
>>63429806
Brand New is commercial-peak emo.
Citizen is post-hardcore/emo.
>>
>>63430969
>Brand New is commercial-peak emo
listen to Daisy
>>
>>63430969
commercial-peak emo is Jimmy Eat World
>>
>>63429410
It's a pretty average album that's slickly produced, listen to red house painters down colorful hill, that album is 10/10
>>
What do y'all think of Kevin Devine? Jesse Lacey produced his last album and it was bretty gud
>>
>>63430926
Did you just call me a melon motherfucker!
>>
Who Manchester Orchestra here?
>>
>>63431589
Hell yeah. What'd you think of the new album?
>>
File: hello darkness.gif (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness.gif
2 MB, 360x360
I know it's a meme and everything but are there actually people who legitimately think TD&G isn't emo?
>>
File: la dispute wildlife.jpg (596 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
la dispute wildlife.jpg
596 KB, 1600x1600
Great album, OP. It's in my top 4.

La Dispute - Wildlife is a somewhat similar album, though it's not as melodic. Someone who likes TDAGARIM might enjoy it though. King Park and I See Everything are standout tracks for me.
>>
>>63431589

I like Manchester Orchestra. Mean Everything to Nothing is my favorite album by them.
>>
>>63429538
You white and under age please don't say nigga.
>>
>>63431709
What else would it be even?
>>
>>63431711
Dude, that album is not similar, at all. It's still fucking god-tier though.
>>
The Republic of Wolves - His Old Branches

The Republic of Wolves are awesome.
>>
>>63431983

>screaming
>hardcore instrumentals
>depressing lyrics

They really do have a lot in common. Of course they aren't going to be carbon copies of each other, but they're similar enough that someone who likes TDAGARIM would probably enjoy Wildlife. I agree that it's a great album though!
>>
>>63432087
Nah Brand New is more singing than screaming, while the dude from La Dispute is all about that spokenword and screaming. Also, the guitar work in La Dispute is more complex and they only occasionally use effects. Brand New is more alternative rock sounding, La Dispute is more post-hardcore.

They're both incredible. La Dispute and The Drones are my two favorite modern bands lyric-wise.
>>
g.o.a.t.
>>
>>63431639
Pretty good shit. I liked the heavier tone of it too.

>>63431872
Don't tell me what to do
>>
>>63432415
They had some really good songs on it, but I'm afraid they're moving to more mainstream shit. Still like em tho
>>
You might like PUP. They are quite a bit poppier but I still absolutely adore their self titled album.
>>
>>63432633
>PUP
>pop
and they're nothing like Brand New, wtf
>>
>>63431240

Great recommendation.
>>
>>63432660

Take Deja Entendu and make it fuck Your Favorite Weapon and you get PUP.
>>
>>63432724
Yeah you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>63432733
Whatever you say partner. It's very clear that the inspiration is there lyrically.
>>
File: 2085.jpg (317 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
2085.jpg
317 KB, 900x900
>>63429410
Sunny Day Real Estate, particularly How It Feels to Be Something On.
>>
>>63432633
Listening to some of their stuff now. It's not too bad anon, tanks
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.