[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uh, what the fuck is this shit? Someone please explain it to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Uh, what the fuck is this shit? Someone please explain it to me. I find it hilarious that people actually enjoy this.
>>
One of Merzbow's lesser works that got attention because of a pitchfork review. It also has a memorable cover.
>>
Watch this it will help you understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3vSvSYXbLY
>>
>>63410069
kek that niggas face like "fucking white people smfh"
>>
Pulse Demon is a shit album for people who want to pretend like they enjoy the genre but don't

Anyway noise is for a very specific (and odd as fuck) group of people that don't want to listen to music that has any real melodies, rhythms, or harmony.

I don't understand how anyone who's ever learned to play an instrument enjoys straight harsh noise (it obviously can be used well as part of other genres of music that have artistic merit)
>>
>>63410039
I like listening to it because it's completely different from other music. You really got to be in the mood for it though. It's kind of like reading a really difficult book, the challenge and content are very interesting, but it can be hard to get through.
>>
>>63410039
I just find it pleasing to listen. Like listening to raindrops, except well... A bit more intense.
>>
>>63410096
i play bass, enjoy all sorts of music, and enjoy noise. It's all about textures and catharsis. its also a good palate cleanser for music.
>>
>>63410096

>I don't understand
at least you admit it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSbvZ5DUrVQ
>>
>>63410096
What makes you think noise has no artistic merit?

Also, I love noise as any other kind of music. Not trying to sound like some special snowflake, though.
>>
>>63410069
is that health
>>
>>63411439
t
b
h
>>
>>63410130
>its also a good palate cleanser for music.

what do you mean? sometimes i feel like i need something like that.
>>
This jap makes me feel fucking angry, like wtf, there are unknown artists that are way more talented than this faggot and he still makes a ton of money for doing literally nothing
>>
>>63410069
holy god
>>
>>63411853
That can be said for almost any artist
>>
>>63411853
then you do it

free money
>>
>>63412167

All you'd have to do is start an artificial feud with Merzbow, or name yourself Also Merzbow.

Really just directly leach that old fucker's fanbase.
>>
>>63410069
I'm always scared that as I'll come off looking like this when playing. And i'm not even phat
>>
>>63410039
>I find it hilarious that people actually enjoy this

First year on /mu/ is the best. Cherish it
>>
>>63410069
>/noise/ general live at primal skateshop
>>
>>63410096
He's right. Even Merzbuta is better than Pulse Demon
>>
People listen to noise for the same reason they listen to ambient or grindcore/other extreme metal. I know those 2 genres are literally the polar opposites of each other but hear me out:

On ambient, the music is all about the texture and layers. On grindcore, the goal is to make the music sound as brutal and "hardcore" as possible. Harsh noise has both of those elements, and therefor it works with both genres. Take Kazuma Kubota's Utsuroi and Merzbow & Full of Hell's self titled as an example.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.