[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I am looking foward to the death of Rap"-Gene Simmons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 5
File: 4L_jyRhq583.jpg (5 KB, 208x192) Image search: [Google]
4L_jyRhq583.jpg
5 KB, 208x192
opinion?
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gene-simmons-skewers-pop-charts-is-looking-forward-to-death-of-rap-20160317
>>
>>63404019
I am looking forward to the dead of Gene Simmons DESU
>>
What he means is "the death of black people"
>>
who isn't?
>>
>>63404019
I can't believe bigoted close minded assholes like him are allowed to be successful. We should just take all his money and give it to the poor kids
>>
Gene Simmons raped my aunt in 1974
>>
>>63404019
>black people generated a powerful culture and artform?!?! i hope it ends we need more white guys with the twing twang stick making songs sexualizing women and about doing drugs!
>>
>>63404019
Literally who?
>>
>>63404053
This but unironically
>>
>>63404087
>>black people generated a powerful culture and artform?

ahah
>>
>>63404087
>artform
ahaha
hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>63404053
lol
>>
>>63404108
varg vikernes from burzum
>>
>>63404108

he wasn't that good desu senpai
>>
>>63404136
>>63404128
hey reddit
>>
>>63404019
Who fucking cares about his opinion? He's a piece of shit who hasn't come near making good music in his life, and is the classic rock equivalent of hot topic garbage.
>>
Gene simmons more like meme simmons
>>
he will be dead by then anyways
>>
>>63404209
10/10
>>
>>63404019
He was my legend growing up, poster up on my wall - action figure posed on my shelf. Seeing him being this ignorant and close minded makes me super sad.

>I've got posters on the wall
>My favorite rock group KISS
>I've got Ace Frehley
>I've got Peter Criss
>Waiting there for me
>Yes I do, I do
>>
>>63404019
Jesus Christ this is so disgusting. Of course Native Americans are screaming for equality, but there are so few of them left and they live in such absurd poverty that you can't even hear them.

And as for most people and the government having nothing to do with slavery, the war on drugs, private prison system, and miltiary industrial complex are all ways in which the government and private businesses work together to capitalize on and perpetuate black inequality in present day America.

Glossing over the indisputable fact that diversity, experiences, and backgrounds are vital for the creation of any healthy community, affirmative action doesn't even begin to make up for the injustice that African Americans have and still do endure since this country's inception.

But go ahead and call me a SJW (which I'm absolutely not) and continue to be a eurocentric racist dumbass.
>>
>>63404019
I've seen Kiss fans shit on rap for its lyrics while enjoying Gene's insufferably clichéd words.
>>
>>63404260
>But go ahead and call me a SJW (which I'm absolutely not)
no need to be offended by being called an sjw. im an sjw and proud. wanting fairness and an end to systems that keep people of certain genders, races, sexualities, and religions oppressed.

sjw is a good thing and only used as an insult by bigots and people who want to keep the status quo because it benefits them.
>>
>>63404087
xD too right, fellow Bernie supporter, what say we go and prep some bulls?
>>
File: 1455810331238.jpg (7 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1455810331238.jpg
7 KB, 245x250
>>63404510
>im an sjw and proud.
>>
>>63404664
spotted the white male
>>
>He likes Foo Fighters

Explains everything
>>
File: 1447582729317.png (318 KB, 3360x3684) Image search: [Google]
1447582729317.png
318 KB, 3360x3684
>>63404510
>an sjw
>wanting fairness
>mfw

>systems that keep people of certain genders, races, sexualities, and religions oppressed
Name one
>>
>>63404755
corporatism
>>
Cringe, old white men need to pls go away

Also, prepare yourself for contrarian hip-hop haters itt making cliche "nigger music" remarks.
>>
>>63404742
good thing I'm a faggot so apparently I'm oppressed, even though I'm part of the middle class
>>
>>63404813
And which specific gender, race, sexuality or religion is that oppressing?
>>
Rap isn't gimmicky enough for him.
>>
>>63404019
>Listening to a member of the "McDonalds of music" band
>>
>>63404985
anyone who's religious/philosophical beliefs differ from or clash with materialism and wage slavery
>>
>>63404742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c5Gwi5u68c
>>
Based Gene telling it like it is.
>>
>>63405088
name one
>>
He's right tho rap will die within the next 10 years, its already lost most of its grip on the charts and soon it'll be in the exact same position that rock is now.
Don't understand why you guys are mad at Simmons for pointing out simple facts.
>>
>>63405088
>I'm not lazy mom, it's part of my religion to not work! The government should pay for me to live, I'm literally being oppressed for my religion!

Top kek.
>>
>>63404510
oh fuck

/mu/ is doomed
>>
> "I hate the Internet," he says. "I make a living, but to be a new band now and just give out your music for free, it's the crime of the century."

He's really showing his age.
>>
>>63404510
I never thought I would see a comment like this on 4chan.
>>
>>63405167
>he thinks a denial material corporatism implies I am a lazy neet

yes goyim remember there is only value in commodity and consumption. Truth, aesthetics and freedom are worthless and irrational.
>>
>>63404019
pulling an "Emma Watson" to stay relevant
>>
>"As far as I'm concerned, if Lady Gaga dropped the disco and the pole dancing and all that stuff and put together a rock band, that would be legitimate, because she's got the musical goods. She can write songs, play instruments and can actually sing. And she understands the fearless quality of spectacle. I'd love to see her do Queen-style music. She can do it. Madonna cannot."

This article is hilarious as fuck.
>>
>>63405266
are you in employment, education or training?
if not then you are a neet
>>
>>63405242
this is neo-/mu/...
>>
>>63405312
Both Education and Employment(part-time)
>>
>>63404942
yeah you're a faggot but not in the sexual orientation way
>>
>>63404664
>im a socially inept basement dweller and proud
>>
>>63405117
Native Americans, immigrants, and african americans
>>
>>63404019
Like Gene Simmons has made anything even remotely note worthy
>>
>>63404251
>In the garagggeeeee
>I feeel saaafeee
>>
>>63405266
>claims to be an sjw
>accepts that the Jews are controlling the world

>hates corporatism
>will probably vote for Hilary

>Thinks the system prevents religious people from being neet
>Ignores tax exempt status and donations to places of worship

>Thinks money is just about consumption
>Thinks money and 'Truth, aesthetics and freedom' are mutually exclusive
>Thinks society could function without some form of exchange for work
>Thinks working for a living is only a bitch for people that have some religious person and therefore it is religious opression

I don't believe you.
>>
>>63405343
then ur interplaying into the corporate system you phony capitalistic fuck. u r what is wrong with the world. enjoy being a wage slave
>>
>>63405167
this is why anti intellectualism is a bad thing. People can't even begin to critically think about society without resorting to force fed clichès and over generalization to the point of self parody
>>
This is a clickbait title. He slams rock, pop, piracy and a bunch of shit. He's just an old man ranting about shit, he's not singling out rap.
>>
>>63405515
there's such a thing as critiquing a system without completely denouncing it. Again, this is why society needs to change its outlook on analytical thinking and reasoning
>>
>>63404813
god damn it you have so many fucking choices. you have housing discrimination, you have racist cops, you have private prisons, you have the inability of women to negotiate salary, you have the overwhelmingly white beauty standards in the modeling industry...

and corporatism is the one you choose??
>>
>>63405633
all of those things are a result of an inefficient capitalist system.
>>
>>63405511
>claims to be an sjw

Never did that was someone else

>accepts that the Jews are controlling the world

They don't. What I said was a joke.

>will probably vote for Hilary

Not American

>Ignores tax exempt status and donations to places of worship

Doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of society is inherently against any views that differ from the naturalist dogma.
Religion is given this token (and people who aren't religious but rail against materialism don't even get this) to maintain the illusion of contemporary democracy being inclusive, when in reality any spirituality is stamped out.

>Thinks money is just about consumption
>Thinks money and 'Truth, aesthetics and freedom' are mutually exclusive

No I think modern society has replaced meaning with consumption, which is true.

>Thinks society could function without some form of exchange for work

It can and as

>Thinks working for a living is only a bitch for people that have some religious person and therefore it is religious opression

Never said that
>>
>>63405666
if by "inefficient capitalist system" you mean the kidnapping, rape, brutalization, enslavement, and denial of opportunity to black people, you'd come close to being right

some things transcend economics buddy. sometimes (i.e. for the majority of human history), white people are just evil, evil human beings.
>>
well at least we discovered that who listens to rap does it only because he's a leftist.
>>
>>63404019
well i am too but his music was far worse so i don't really care

>>63405271
this t b h
>>
>>63405761
nothing transcends economics..."buddy".
>>
>>63405732
Don't come into a conversation without stating that you're a different guy.
>>
hes right

rap is fucking awful overall, even if I enjoy some small amount of it.

Kiss sucked dicks too though so I dont know
>>
>>63404510
lmao kys
>>
>>63404019
unfortunately rap isn't dying any time soon, in fact someone had the bright idea to take the two genres of music most people don't like and combine them, the result is that tractor rap bullshit you hear on what claims to be country radio these days
>>
>>63405761
>thinks that whites are the only race that has kidnapped and enslaved another race

>White people are evil
>probably also says shit like "not all blacks are criminals guys" "Not all muslims are terrorists"
>>
It'll actually be good if rap dies out a popular norm. It'll leave space for people who actually care for it to make music.
>>
>>63405910
not him (actually the person he's replying to) but the relative historical brevity of muslim terrorism and black crime literally have nothing on the decades, even centuries of cultural genocide, exploitation, enslavement, and brutality committed by whites. and unlike blacks or muslims whites have gotten off almost completely free. That's what irks people do you understand now? the comparative social invincibility whites have compared to anyone else. Whites are just getting scared now that all of that stuff has finally caught up to them.
>>
>>63406043
the difference is we've reformed and become enlightened, niggers and sandniggers are still shooting each other and blowing shit up
>>
He has a point about certain things, like rappers being inducted in the rock n roll hall of fame. As much as I like my favorite rapper, I dont think he deserves to be in the RnR HoF. He's somewhat right about rap being just talking. When it first started back in the 80s-90s, it wasnt just talking because they had rhythm and were on beat with the instrumental. Now in the current days of rap it really is just a lot of talking. Kendrick is guilty of this because Tpab has a lot of "talking songs." Other "rappers" like earl sweatshirt, tyler the faggot, school boyq have a lot of talking songs where it's just a beat and there not even in rhythm.
>>
>>63406112
yo, you're spending your friday night posting on a fucking music board that is commonly regarded as the bane of the internet, and for good reason.

obviously i'm doing the same, but you are in no position to claim that you're reformed and enlightened. reevaluate your life bro
>>
>>63406112
>white cops kill black innocents on the street
>Exploitation of middle eastern oil resources
>installment of vassle like dictatorships in africa, south america, southern asia and the middle east
>Creation of bannana republic goverment
>economic exploitation of domestic visual minorities
>reformed or "enlightened" in any fucking way possible before you get your due justice you can never become enlightened in any capacity. Isn't that the reasoning you have for shoving hordes of black criminals in jail?
>>
>>63406043
Whites have also created the most free, fair, advances and welcoming societies on earth.
Blacks and Arabs still create shit societies where slavery, child and women abuse, and lack of freedom and justice are rampant.
Even their societies inside white countries are violent unfair hellholes.
Whites ended that shit in their societies, but no other race has.
You ignore this shit and focus on the conquering that whites had succeeded in hundreds of years ago, but ignore everything else. Arabs did the same thing, Asians did the same thing, blacks did the same thing (but on a smaller scale only because they weren't as technologically advanced) but you ignore it because it doesn't play into your "us vs them", "whites are the devil" narrative.
>>
>>63406268
you know why their countries are the way they are, right? mostly because of colonialism, an oppression perpetuated by white people?
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 500x365
>to just give out your music for free is the crime of the century
>>
>>63406254
>>white cops kill black innocents on the street
"innocents" lol
>>Exploitation of middle eastern oil resources
Mid East gets paid for that shit, Saudia Arabia is one of the richest countries on earth. it's not whites fault that Saudi Princes hog the wealth for themselves
>>installment of vassle like dictatorships in africa, south america, southern asia and the middle east
They were dictatorships before and after white people, fuck off.
>>Creation of bannana republic goverment
What white countries are a banana republic? If they don't like it then get gud
>>economic exploitation of domestic visual minorities
no
>Isn't that the reasoning you have for shoving hordes of black criminals in jail?
No, it's because hordes of black people commit crimes
>>
>>63406244
the weekend aint what it used to be anon, not for a long time now, a shit ton of people work weekends these days and go out on weekdays

>>63406254
>innocent blacks
HA!
>exploitation of resources
you mean graciously allowing people who had no idea they had those resources or any real use for said resources, to profit immensely from them?
>installing dictators
only in places where things would devolve into warlord controlled territories anyway
>exploitation
oh noes the white man wants me to have a job
>reasoning for throwing tones of black people in jail
no the reasoning behind that is to put dangerous animals in a cage where they can't hurt honest hard working folk

>>63406320
>implying they weren't warlike barbarians before we came along
>further implying it's whiteys fault the devolved back to that state when left to their own devices
>>
>>63406184
Lol he's has no point that "talking" is more complex in scheme than the fucking boom bap of the 90s. Earl Sweatshirt is probably the most technically gifted rapper on the planet right now.

You both have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>63406320
>Everything turns to shit when white people leave
>ITS THOSE DAMN WHITE PEOPLE'S FAULTS!
>>
>>63404813
Please read at least first paragraph
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism
>>
>>63406268
Some of those things are true. only some. Yes it's true that whites have created "fair" societies but up until fifty years ago most of those societies weren't even open to its entire population until about fifty years ago. They have created many more opressive societies than free ones. I can point to suharto in indonesia, Barbosa in Cuba, Qaddafi in Libya, Ruth Perry in Liberia, Manuel Bonilla in Honduras and so on. In what way have whites ended anything if little insecure white kids shoot up schools on the yearly in the united states and white british Chavs and white soccer hooligans and white european supremecist groups still commit crimes to this day?
And it's not hundreds of years ago, it's right the fuck now, something you would understand if you stepped out of moms basement and chicken tendies and lived in the outside world
>>
>>63406429
>>63406496

everything turns to shit because it's already an oppressive regime where the locals are being mauled and slaughtered by the white people. the white people are just as (if not more) violent than the natives, the only difference is that white people are the ones in power.

how did it get to the point where white people were there in the first place? mass murder, thievery, and enslavement

in short, everything turns to shit because it's already complete shit where the natives are forced to compete to the death for the scraps left behind by the conquerors
>>
File: Tamir-Rice-shot-dead-by-p-015.jpg (43 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Tamir-Rice-shot-dead-by-p-015.jpg
43 KB, 620x372
>>63406429
>>63406422
Yes truly the face of a dangerous killer and mass murderer. If white people are intimidated enough to shoot this kid in cold blood then they really are more pathetic than previously anticipated.
>>
>>63406654
>natives
I think you mean failed would be conquerors
human nature is human nature, stop trying to blame everything on whitey. at least the white man has formulated and implemented rules for a civilized society

>>63406713
>so what if he's a stone cold killer he looks so innocent
>>
>>63406439
And you're just a hardcore dick sucking fan who cant accept the truth because earl blew a load on your face. So are poems read at poetry slams music? They are being read over a beat on the same level of a lot of earls "raps."
>>
>>63404019
>"As far as I'm concerned, rock is dead," he continues. "There ain't no new bands. Foo Fighters, I love 'em, but they're a 20-year-old band. These are long-in-the-tooth bands: Nirvana, Pearl Jam. They're old bands."
>>
>>63406422
middle eastern governments, supported by the whites get paid for that shit, while they're allowed to go on and commit as many atrocities as they want. it makes me laugh when white people get apalled at the shit the saudi government does. Who the fuck do you think kept them there in the first place? Then the first people to actually rebel (whatever their ideals may be) are shot down as terrorists by white media.
>>
i am too

kiss sucks tho
>>
>>63406742
>tamir rice
>stone cold killer
see this is why the rest of us call you guys cucks. White people are about as diluted and paranoid as you would expect a nation that has built its reputation on theivery and deceit to be.
>>
>>63406619
>but up until fifty years ago
That's a much better record than any other race has.
>suharto in indonesia, Barbosa in Cuba, Qaddafi in Libya, Ruth Perry in Liberia, Manuel Bonilla in Honduras and so on
None of those are white.
>In what way have whites ended anything if little insecure white kids shoot up schools on the yearly in the united states and white british Chavs and white soccer hooligans and white european supremecist groups still commit crimes to this day?
Because they actually enforce laws against that shit.
Enforcing law is what blacks call "oppression"
In what way are blacks innocent victims when they're committing majority of the crimes, in countries that they are a minority?
>it's right the fuck now
The only oppression happening now is in non white, 3rd world countries
>>
>>63406742
ah yes classic human nature argument. For years and years you blame blacks for relying on base human qualities and consider them to be subhuman yet the things that most accurately define your accomplishments are all base human instincts and then you have the GALL to use it as a defense.
>>
>>63406924
k im done.
>>
>>63406496
>>63406503
>>63406619
>>63406654
>>63406713
>>63406742
>>63406781

All of you need to shut the fuck up. This is a music board, take that shit to /pol/.

By the way, the people that aren't the racist dickbags are right in this situation. The below-average person has a better understanding of the complex situation than the people in this thread reducing this issue to whites being more civilized than everyone else. I hope you don't express that shit in real life, you'll get laughed at. You're "that guy." Don't be proud of who you are, make an effort to gain some god damn empathy.

But please. All of you, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63406713
>I want to fuck him so he couldn't have attacked that guy, even though it was proven in court that he did.
Zimmerman isn't white btw.
>>
>>63406936
the difference is we're civilized and don't kill each other over meaningless bullshit for points in some status game
>>
>>63406968
the majority of white folk are peaceful and law abiding, the majority of black folk are violent theives and killers, this is a fact
>>
>>63407026

If you're gonna try and pass a subjective opinion off as fact, join the rest of the board and please have it be about music.

Until then, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63405380
really poorly worded insult, thanks anyway
>>
>>63406781
>while they're allowed to
They're in power, they do what they want, it's not up to white people, unless the US bombs the fuck out of them, but you'll just complain about that too.
White people in power create societies that provide freedom to law abiding citizens
Arabs in power created Islamic shitholes that literally oppress people.

>Then the first people to actually rebel (whatever their ideals may be) are shot down as terrorists by white media.

>Shitting on the white media
>the thing that supported Trayvon and M.Brown and created the BLM movement through lies and manipulation
>>
>>63407026
>the majority of black folk are violent theives and killers

[citation needed]
>>
>>63406972
Except for 99% of wars
>>
>>63406753
>I don't listen to enough music so rock is dead
what a fucking retard.
>>
>>63407208
care to make some examples?
possibly bands born from 2010-onwards
>>
Oh good, another fight over which race is literally Satan. Not like anything good was going to come out of this thread anyway, or this board for that matter.
>>
sorry, who?
>>
/pol/ pls go and stay go
>>
>>63407345
the guy from guns n roses i think
>>
>>63407576
I'm >>63406968, and yeah that's for sure. It's honestly really funny to imagine how those people function in real life. They must have aspergers or really poor critical thinking skills or something, and I imagine them with the same build and personality as school shooters. But the point is that it would be a lot funnier on /pol/, here it's just kind of pathetic.
>>
Rap is a young person's genre. I've never seen an older man enjoy rap. Rap is literally the black persons equivalent of metal.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.