[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with Earl Sweatshirt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1434526340499.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1434526340499.gif
1 MB, 392x400
I see him get a lot of hate on /mu/ and I'm curious as to why. He's honestly one of my favorites, I dig his humor, his vocabulary, beats, flow, etc. And I understand that's subjective but what are your opinions on him and why?
>>
>>63397555
his lips are fucking huge
>>
He gets hate because people on /mu/ are retarded. He's great.
>>
>>63397555
Actually it's a 50/50 between those who love him and those who hate him. The one who mainly gets hate is Tyler.
>>
earl was one of my favorites of last year but recently he's been acting like a bitch honestly

he's one of those nahhh im so woke i dont put effort into current shit

like during the drake/meek beef or the kanye/wiz beef he would go on twitter and be like if any of you find this funny or unfunny or even care about this then all of you are retarded.
like the fuck earl why do you care about what people care no one asked you
>>
Earl Sweatshirt as a person, as a rapper, as a musician, as an "artists" god forbid is a fucking joke.

He practically mumbles into the microphone, i'm sorry that's not talent in any shape of the imagination.
That goes for the entire "crew" he was apart of, don't know their name nor do i care. That entire group except for maybe The Internet and Frank Ocean are so talentless it actually hurts to think about.
And The Internet and Frank Ocean being talented is a slight stretch.

The thing about them all I hate so much is the fans, the fans make it out like Earl, Tyler and the rest of them are making some crazy new music. When they aren't, this "abstract" form of hip-hop has been around for years, decades even and it's not like they're bringing anything new or innovative to the table of what already is a very saturated market. Instead of pushing new ground like Kendrick. Earl, Tyler and the funky bunch want to kick back and make: Mediocre, underproduced, unthoughtful,desaturated "hip-hop" that their braindead zombie like fans will just buy each and every year

To add onto all of this, Earl, Tyler and the freaky friends are consistantly hampering on about how "WOAH BROH YOU JUST DOOOON'T UNDERSTAND IT" tier tweets, as "musicians" they refuse to accknowledge when something is being PANNED and they see it as an attack on their "artistic freedom"

Inconclusion; grow up
>>
whether you like him or not you have to agree that he's a meme rapper like Lil B or Odd Future, he's not that bad but a lot of people just hate meme rap in general, myself included
>>
>>63397592
Objectively true.

>>63397609
Agreed sir.

>>63397625
I don't really mind Tyler either, I like his persona too, but as far as music, I liked his older stuff much more. But I can understand him wanting to move on from his old style as he ages.

>>63397630
I wasn't aware of any of that shit, I don't go on twitter really but it does sound pretty stupid. And it's not that I'm upset that people don't like him, I'm just always curious why people dislike artists that I like. It's perspective.
>>
>>63397769
You're a little misinformed broby this style has been around for years because they brought it to the mainstream they were the guys yeah it was for teenagers and yeah we are that shit up but now it's different they have to adapt or die out and thats what they're trying to do. Earl's a conflicted ass hole he's self righteous and awkward at the same time so that fucking comes through in what he says if you don't expect that then I don't know what you're doing
>>
>>63397555
odd future is odd
>>
Make sure to keep away from his Twitter and he's fucking golden. IDLS & Solace were fucking great. The thing he said about Twitter on Over/Under was fucking right.

Same with Jonwayne, his Twitter is fucking retarded
>>
>>63397810
What makes it meme rap?
>>
>>63397769
I mean I never said he was putting out this crazy new shit that's never been done before, I just said I like him. And I don't really understand why "lazy" can't just be another style of rapping? Why not? I dig it.
>>
>>63397769
>That goes for the entire "crew" he was apart of, don't know their name nor do i care

DAMN BRO YOU SAVAGE YOU JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK xDDDDD

Tryhard contrarians need to kill themselves honestly.
>>
>>63397929
Jonwayne's twitter is dope.
>>
>>63397810
>>63397960
Seconded. I don't get it.
>>
>>63397810
>I've never listened to Earl

Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>63397960
>>63397988
He thinks that since OF blew up around the same time as Lil B and that they say "swag" sometimes, that OF is memerap like Lil B.

Had he actually listened to anything by Earl, he'd know that Earl isn't a joke in the same way Lil B is.
>>
File: 1455258473896.jpg (268 KB, 1024x952) Image search: [Google]
1455258473896.jpg
268 KB, 1024x952
Look... I understand you're all under 16 year old suburban white kids who think they're cool.

>>63397874
Sure that wasn't MF DOOM, Aesop Rock or Del the funky homosapien? See what I mean when I said
>>63397769
>The thing about them all I hate so much is the fans, the fans make it out like Earl, Tyler and the rest of them are making some crazy new music. When they aren't, this "abstract" form of hip-hop has been around for years, decades even
All of Odd Future's fans have such a limited knowledge of hip-hop they just blindly accept that they practically invented abstract hip-hop and >>63397874
proves this perfectly.

>>63397962
Because it's genuinly pathetic. It shows you have no respect for hip-hop as a form of expression or art. In the same way lil dicky was panned for basically saying in his songs "Woah hip-hop is soooo easy" Now he's practically a joke because of it, he - like Earl and Odd Future and their fans have such a limited knowledge on hip-hop that they have no respect for it. Hense why pretty much all of them mumble of lazy underproduced "beats"

>>63397966
Butthurt child
>>
>>63397929
Yoooo I fucking loved Earl on Over/Under, and you're right, that shit he said about twitter was 110% correct.
>>
>>63398025
>>63398081
not to mention his shitty fanbase
>>
File: 094.jpg (79 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
094.jpg
79 KB, 600x800
>>63398127
>Look... I understand you're all under 16 year old suburban white kids who think they're cool.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (9 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
9 KB, 300x256
>>63398127
>implying that OF didn't bring an aggressive/punk attitude to their music that wasn't really seen in hip hop at the time (yes, I know DG and Dalek exist)
>implying that just because other people before them have made what they've done before that somehow it can't be impressive
>implying that music is bad because of the fanbase
>>
His association to OF still haunts him. Impressionable idiots on mu can't separate the two.

IDLSIDGO was top 10 last year
>>
>>63397769
>pushing new ground like Kendrick

lel sure thing bud
>>
>>63397810
>people saying meme rap to seriously describe music and not just shitpost

wow that tripfag a couple years ago literally ruined hip hop discussion on the internet, holy shit
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.