[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so I was just lsitening to The Bends, and honestly I prefer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Radiohead.bends.albumart.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.bends.albumart.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
Hey, so I was just lsitening to The Bends, and honestly I prefer to Ok Computer by a landslide. I mean Kid A is by far their best but The Bends is pretty damn close haha. I just find there to be no offputting song on The Bends, and I just find every song emotionally gripping iin some way. Am I fucking retarded? Do you feel the same? Which ones better OC or TB?!?!?!
>>
>>63395703
The Bends
>>
>>63395703
Everyone hates on The Bends because it's not as 'experimental' but you're right, it's really good pop rock.
>>
>>63395703
>Kid A is the best by a landslide
ehhh idk man, Amnesiac exists
>>
>>63395769
I know it gets a lot of hate, thats why it seriously has me doubting my taste which I thought was pretty decent haha.
>>
>>63395798
>"doubting my taste"
>>
>>63395798
The lyrics are more personal and relatable on The Bends compared to OK Computer.
>>
Radiohead has 4 masterpieces, The Bends, Ok Computer, Kid A and In Rainbows, the rest of the albums are 4 and a half stars (except Pablo Honey, 3 and a half)
>>
>>63395703
2 radiohead albums I cant stand. the Bends and Pablo Honey. IDK why contrarians start hyping the bends again. Typicall for /mu/ though
>>
>>63396176
I actually use to agree and find The Bends pretty over hyped, but I really enjoy it now, I dont understand how its better than Ok Computer in the slightest.
>>63395986
In Rainbows is an album I really dont get I like around 4 tracks off it with Videotape being the main highlight. Any enlightenment on why its so amazing would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>63396325
No I actually highly praise Ok Computer. I just dislike the bends. It is bland. The blands
>>
>>63396325
it's a colorful album, full of amazing rythms and original melodies
>>
>>63396904
Great points I can respect that because I really cant disagree :)
>>
>>63396325
The rhythms.

The entire album is build on fucking rhythms. Even songs like Bodysnatchers, where the drums and bass aren't particularly a highlight, use the guitars as rhythm instruments.

15 Steps' electronic 5/4 beat, Reckoner's backbeat, Weird Fishes... it's a relaxing album that just kind of flows very well, and it's because the instruments are all layered very rhythmically as if the melody was an afterthought.
>>
>>63395788
I think Amnesiac and Kid A are tied for me for my favorites. I just went through their whole discog recently.
>>
Amnesiac gets way too little praise. I used to think it was the standard contrarian response but honestly it's their third best album. It would be far and away their best album if they cut like 2 tracks.
>>
File: 27878112.jpg (160 KB, 884x1024) Image search: [Google]
27878112.jpg
160 KB, 884x1024
>>63397345
People fucking ride amnesiac's dick. King of limbs is under praised.
>>
>>63395703
>Am I fucking retarded?
No you're just every teenager in 1996.
>>
>>63395703
The bends is their fifth best. It is catchy AF and sounds great but OKC is far more developed instrumentally.
>>
>>63397086
this. in rainbows is pretty amazing. just forget about the typical radiohead emphasis on experimental pop musicianship, sonic landscapes and atmosphere building and emotional vocal delivery.
>>
>>63397373
Perhaps on /mu/, it's overrated pretty much everywhere else however. Agreed on King of Limbs.
>>
>>63397086
This analysis completely disergards songs like Nude and All I Need and even Jigsaw which contains some of their best melodic work ever. I agree that rhythm is very important to the album but lets not treat melody like it was an afterthought.
>>
>>63395703
"patricianism" is a meme, you like what you like. For me OKC is like the halfway point between The Bends and Kid A, I personally like it more but that doesn't mean you have to
>>
>>63397748
Yeah I completely agree with you. I just wanted to see what other people thought. I do think some music is objectivly better than other music. But really opinion is everything, but what makes an opinion valid :(
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.