[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Times you were given control of the music in a car, at a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: KjvsYPm.jpg (145 KB, 1200x1189) Image search: [Google]
KjvsYPm.jpg
145 KB, 1200x1189
ITT: Times you were given control of the music in a car, at a social gathering or at a party and what the results were.
>>
>Country music
What are you fucking gay?
>>
never because i know my dad would hate it
>>
>>63391443
Where was this guy taking this young helpless white girl?
>>
I showed my mom King Crimson and it gave her a headache
>>
>at a party
just random bangers like In Da Club and DMX songs, good response
Playing anything that isnt straight forward head bangers are met with a bad response in the car tho
>>
One time I played some Danny Brown songs at a party mixed in Kendrick Lamar (before he blew up with GKMC) and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
>>
usually when were drinking or whatever with my friends we just put music queue'd in spotify, everybody puts whatever they want stop being an aspie or get better friends
>>
>>63391525
I should add that I usually put on Kanye if I don't know anything about what they like, usually no one except dadrockers or dedicated Kanye haters seems to mind
>>
File: download (1).jpg (15 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
15 KB, 186x186
>>63391443
With my close friends I can play pic related if they invite other ppl who don't take music serious

Most awkward party when I was dating this mixed girl who only liked J Cole,chris brown,trey songz. Ended up just playing drake and the weeknd trilogy. relationship didn't last long
>>
>>63391443
What was that negro doing to that poor young little pure hearted white girl?
>>
File: mm DOOM.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mm DOOM.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>63391443
>put MF DOOM-the drop at a chilling
>the whole squad feeling it
>>
>>63391653
>pure hearted white girl
>Rides with a nigger
no my man
>>
>>63391669
Or perhaps she was abducted?
>>
>>63391687
Or perhaps she had shit parents that allow burning coal to happen.
>>
>>63391687
>aabducted
>still want to use the aux cord
>>
I amatuer dj house/techno/disco, was asked by a mate to play an 80s themed party, so i had all regular trax plus a big slice of 80s cheese which i thought would go down well, which it kinda did, basically no response to the house/techno so i kept it light and fun, but kind of ended badly when they kept requesting skepta and bieber and i couldn't get on the wifi to discreetly dl it and sastify the drunk mob of unilads
>>
Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Kanye West, and Riff Raff are all good choices to put on at a party
>>
>>63391884
fuck i wish skepta didnt get ruined by unilads.
>>
File: iso1.png (241 KB, 307x497) Image search: [Google]
iso1.png
241 KB, 307x497
>My friends and I are randomly driving around at night looking for a place to do drugs
>Everyone but the driver is already drunk/high
>Were just bumping casual hip hop like kendrick and stuff cause thats what my friends like
>I get passed the aux cord
>Decide it would be a good idea to put on Slick Rick by Lil Ugly Mane
>Whole squad starts laughing their ass off at what hes saying
>They say the song was actually really good tho

felt good honestly
>>
>>63391443
At a pub in NZ, I was given control of the music by the bartender. I played Skin O' My Teeth by Megadeth and Further From Hate by For All Eternity. It had little effect on the 3 people there :(
>>
>road trip
>"anon you listen to a lot of music, put something"
>check phone
>only have that Fishmans live album
>shit
>go for it
>everyone including qt3.14 crush likes them
Nantettano and Long Seasons were the best
>>
I keep mainstream albums and that I like in my phone for this reason.
Most of the time I just play kendrick.
>>
I don't think I could ever get the courage to do something like that. The group of friends that I have and hang around with listen to whatever genre Chris Brown and the likes is.

My best friend doesn't even like anything other than King Kunta on TPAB. I guess he just listens to whatever is extremely mainstream. He's also like this with movies. I really hate this trait about him.
>>
I played Grimes' Visions to my mum and dad and surprisingly, they really dug it. Kinda regretting it now cos all they want is Grimes in the car jfc
>>
>Play Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal
>"anon, this is really horrible compared to the original"
>Proceeds to play White Winter Hymnal Pentatonix cover
>mfw
>>
There is a pizza shop in my town that has a jukebox with almost any song you can think of on it. I remember blasting communist daughter on there once, thinking it would be funny.

It really wasn't.
>>
>>63393388
every time
>>
File: hbuvuy.png (1 MB, 1200x1189) Image search: [Google]
hbuvuy.png
1 MB, 1200x1189
>>
>>63393279
Haha Claire's magic again.
>>
>>63394392
>being this edgey
what are you even trying to say with this?
>>
>>63394464
its the double standard is all

diff anon btw
>>
>>63394392
gotta show dem nignogs how we do
>>
I'm a DJ, performing at house parties really irks me because I'm asked to play the usual pop classics but occasional I'll slip in the odd techno track or something that I like personally,

It's interesting to see how drunk people react to listening to hardstyle for the first time. A decent sizeable chunk will leave the room but the others that remain usually go fucking mental.
>>
>>63394587
as a guy who used to DJ, i always thought house parties was the worst thing ive ever had to do. especially as i used just records, ive been called sexist for not letting some drunk slut put on a record i dont own. drunk people are the worst.
>>
>hating country

lmao nigposters
>>
Was a DJ at a small club once, was there early so no one was there. It went alright.

And once I went up when my friend fucked off to smoke or whatever and played them indie hits, place went bananas yo
>>
File: OldBootsNewDirt.jpg (14 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
OldBootsNewDirt.jpg
14 KB, 220x220
>>63394666
tell em man
>>
File: a1wdwmg9jrl--sl1500-.jpg (506 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
a1wdwmg9jrl--sl1500-.jpg
506 KB, 1500x1500
>>63394666
Agreed. What are some of your favorite post-country albums?
>>
>>63394587
>hardstyle
absolutely fucking terrible

>>63394636
>ive been called sexist for not letting some drunk slut put on a record i dont own
some chick went up to me once and asked me why i only played music made by dudes, I asked her for examples of what to play and she coulnd't come up with anything. that's worse than straight up asking the DJ to play their song
>>
>>63391443
Plebs love synthpop, EDM, hip hop
>>
I just play Pulse Demon every time and laugh my ass off.
>>
>>63391724
it's called priorities
>>
Played mad villainy when I was smoking with some friends and everybody seemed to enjoy it, and Americas most blunted made us laugh alot
>>
>>63394743
the absolute madman
>>
I quite often control the music at parties, I have an iPod classic with 15,000 songs on it, and its easier than having spotify on and PLEBS having control.
I play general funky stuff interspersed with normie stuff and if someone wants something playing I don't have i obvs let them have the aux cable.
The best something has gone down that I like is either Golden Years by Bowie, or Chameleon by Herbie Hancock, everyone was dancing and very drunk.
The best normie song was Bonkers by Dizzie Rascal, that was NUTS
>>
>>63394711
>>63394711
yeh classic this chick claimed the music i was playing was 'intimidating the girls'
also my friend had traktor with control vinyls running throught an interface etc. wasnt connected to the wifi of the house but drunk peple still were trying to go on youtube slyly. i was confused what their aim was, perhaps to simply play their chosen song at the same time as potentially 2 songs already mixed. the stupidity of those people was mind-boggling
>>
>literally have reputations among friends for having shitty music.

I personally brought that upon myself to be honest. In highschool I was the edgy teenager who would put up Metallica in any possible moment, thinking "it fits into every situation xD lml_"
>>
>>63391884
>they kept requesting skepta and bieber

speak after me: "Go fuck yourselves you fucking faggots"
>>
>>63394903
>have three flatmates
>one of them has a comfort zone that ranges from deep house to techno
>the other one literally listens to a best of CCR record, radio pop and some biggie and lil kim songs
>they both think my taste is bad
>third one actually has an open mind and she loves my music
>>
>>63391884
you should have spit on the plebs and played the threnody
>>
>>63395244
>[mictotonality intensifies]
>>
>>63391443
>driving on road trip to Philly
>put in Social Network Soundtrack
>girls actually stop talking for 45 minutes
>actually enjoyed it
>>
Most of you fucks have REALLY shitty friends

Like, actual garbage humans

The second you bitch about good shit I'm putting Whitehouse on
>>
>>63395073
>>the other one literally listens to a best of CCR record
>>they both think my taste is bad
he probably has better taste than you
>>
>>63395302
CAN YOU DO THE UNDERWATER GARGOYLE
>>
>>63395302
but whitehouse is good
>>
>>63395349
*chlorine gargle
jesus christ I'm drunk
I'm 100% sure he says gargoyle though
>>
>>63391497
prog kc or new wave kc?
>>
I was at a party once where music was being played from youtube on a laptop

approached the laptop and the search was "dubstep remixes of popular songs"
>>
>>63395412
sounds like a shit party
>>
>>63392931
Chris Brown can be great
>>
>>63391669
Obviously she was blacked.
>>
>>63395453
innit, Waves is a bangin song
>>
>>63391443
>Chilling in house with lads
>Have wide as fuck range
>Try to find that sweet spot in them (one loves EDM and one loves emo rock and I recall one who likes pop punk)
>Play the usual mainstream shit
>They like it
>Play Currents
>They love it

Surprisingly confusing since their assortment of tastes
>>
>>63395505
not really, Currents is super catchy and poppy. sounds like the beegees and everyone loves the beegees.
>>
>>63395338
What he has doesn't really constitute "taste".

That's all he plays. Ever.

Still better than my old flattie who could play HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIIIIIIDE fucking 50 times a day and not get tired of it.
>>
>>63395531
Currents gets played all the bloody time
I don't want to but I bloody hate Tame impala, its like the acceptable "indie" and "obscure" band for people and if I hear "feels like we only go backwards" at a party one more time I'm shitting on the floor
>>
>>63395412
>shudder.gif
>>
>>63391443
I recently put some Devo live videos on a party, shit was so cash even though nobody seemed to mind
>>
put on kenny rogers, driver ejected the cd and threw it out the window
>>
>>63395749
>even though nobody seemed to mind
r u implying you put it on to get a reaction
shame on you
>>
First I turned on "Everybody" by DJ Rashad and they wanted to castrate me, then I put on some DMX and N.W.A and it was all good.
>>
>>63395825
>DJ Rashad
hard-bodied move t b h, i respect that!
>>
>listening to mp3 player with headphones, because lack of aux cord.
>brother turn on the radio station.
>its usual radio station
>he complain about the radio station alot.
>he ask "do your mp3 player have speakers"
>I say yes
>he ask me to turn on the speakers.
> i say ok and put the thing on shuffle
>the point is that if he doenst like something he can just ask me to change the music and it will change to something else entirely. Also this means I can play anything and dont need to do the futile thing that would be to try to guess what artists from my list he would like, I can play anything because he can just say "skip this song" if he doenst like.
>while turning on the speaker I say "if you dont like something just say and I skip the song."
>chiptune song start to play
>after 5 seconds he say "look at this shit, ok you can go back to listening it with headphones"
>he turn on the radio station again and continue to complain about the radio station
>>
>>63395883
Chiptune is shit anon your brother is right
>>
File: cover.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>63395912
>implying
>>
>>63395883
>chiptune
wow you are a faggot, maybe just put on something that was his interest or something like it that you both enjoy

aux chord isnt hard
>>
>at prom
>dj has a requests form you can write a song on
>put down 'Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine'
>he actually played it the absolute madman
>lots of confused normies

only highlight of my prom desu
>>
>>63395883
how do you not know what your own brother likes?
>>
>Smoking a road bowl with some coworkers
>Put on Machine Girl - WLFGRL
>They actually got into it
>one of them even said "God Damn" at the end of Krystle
>>
I used to rent a house with 2 of my friends. It was pretty huge and we had a basement which was always the dance floor. The crowd coming to those parties was typically the "alternative art kids" or hipsters or whatever, so I would play old school hip hop or newer (at the time) dance stuff like spank rock, MIA, LCD soundsystem, etc. Never anything too out there - the goal was to keep the dance floor filled with a decent guy-girl ratio and playing super aggressive stuff usually got the dudes going crazy but then the girls would leave.

The song that was always sure to fill the floor was Outkast - B.O.B.
>>
>>63395944
>chord
also aux cord is based upon the surrounding, mood, time of day, the people, its not just what you like
>>
>>63395912
Not entirely, but it doesn't fit the vibe, it is totally out of place there.

Busted some 80s Japanese soul-funk and drove till the sunset.
>>
>>63391443
I put To Be Kind on while me and my dad were driving to New York and he said the music made him feel stressed, and during Oxygen he accidentally ran a red light.
>>
File: 1436465580702.jpg (59 KB, 800x596) Image search: [Google]
1436465580702.jpg
59 KB, 800x596
>commercial art class
>about 6 or 7 students
>every day either the britney spears or 2000s pop spotify radios were playing
>the other people in class took turns playing their music each day
>one day
>"anon, why dont you play some music"
>put on Ratatat, some really tame, entry level shit
>"anon this is weird"
>"this is making me sleepy"
>never play music in that class again
Ratatat is probably the most "normal" thing I have in my library, too.
>>
>>63395361
yea fuck the other anon
>>
>>63396015
idk bout Ratatat but from the reaction im guessing its slow or low energy, compared to 2000s pop, you gotta put on music that is of the same energy

cmon guys its not hard, i get passed the aux cord almost everytime im with friends, i got music for all situations, and im always voted for aux
>>
File: 787337773_677390.gif (220 KB, 252x378) Image search: [Google]
787337773_677390.gif
220 KB, 252x378
>Check out this album it's so goooooooood

>k

>IIIIIIIII LOOVVVVVVVE YYOOOOUUUUUU JEEEEESSSSSUUUSSSS CHHHRRIIIII-IIIII-IIIIISSSSSTT
>>
I played Thru the Walls at my birthday party when everyone was drunk as shit and my friends were digging it
>>
>blastin DG
>>
>>63396156
he doesnt want to go 115+mph to Stockton blastin
i want this bad
>>
>>63395489
>>>/ktt/
>>
File: Snapchat-3958118201763865957.jpg (878 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3958118201763865957.jpg
878 KB, 1440x2560
>in car with normies
>usual top 40 pop shit
>get aux cord
>start with tame impala, chvrches, grimes
>normies look disgusted
>girl pulls cord out phone and tosses it back
>screen gets cracked
>obv pissed
>"whatever its just a stupid samsung"
>I need new friends
>>
My close friends and I usually listen to father John Misty, the velvet underground, modest mouse, and Bon iver in the car
At a party I took control and played dance yrself clean by lcd Soundsystem and everyone dug it, also played some young thug and hey ya by outkast. Actually hey ya gets everyone to stop and sing at every party no joke
>>
Was driving with my dad and listened to Soundtracks For The Blind in full. He really liked it and asked me to put on another album of theirs.
>>
>>63395949
i wanted you to have a reply. a lot of us (i assume) think that if we get no replies, nobody has read or enjoyed our post. this is not true (at least not always), so I wanted you to know that i did, infact, read your post and I enjoyed visualising your story in my mind. there is just nothing to say though, really, in reply to your post
>>
>>63391497
hahaha my mom loves discipline era kc
>>
>>63397006
this guy gets it
>>
>2016
>not playing ignition (remix) anytime you get the aux cord
>>
I've been sharing an apartment with other 4 people for 2 weeks now.

Besides the fact that I might go on a rampage if I hear another goddamned fucking bruno mars song, it has been disappointing.

Like I didn't know that human beings had the capability of actively disliking Nujabes.

Like I put Indigo Jam Unit and one of them actually asked me to put something else.

I put Kendrick and as "For free?" was playing I was asked if I was sure that was music.

They found NWA pretty funny so there is that I guess?? I don't even know anymore

And yes I deleted the previous post because I fucked up naming Kendrick's song
>>
>>63395912
>Chiptune is shit anon your brother is right
Thats why he could say "skip this song" at any moment (as as many times he want) and I the mp3 player would select a new random song

>how do you not know what your own brother likes?
he likes some black sabbath stuff, paramore (or that skater boy song girl, I dont remember, but know he likes one and hate the other), some random soundtrack songs from newer games and songs he saw on ads.

I listen to dark ambient, chiptune, doom metal, ambient, math rock, martial industrial related stuff, ambient, and have other songs from other genres like house, industrial related stuff, dungeon synth, minimalism....
Anyway this is all from genres he knows nothing about (excluding chiptunes because he played games since sms era), so I cant know if he would like something or not.

>maybe just put on something that was his interest or something like it that you both enjoy
He knows zero bands of my catalog of songs, and if I am right, actually I am almost literal about it, he will just know the jet set radio soundtrack (but wont remember) and the master system golden axe soundtrack that wont play on my mp3 player because of file format.
>>
>>63397770
>He knows zero bands of my catalog of songs,
now you're just being selfish

>master system golden axe soundtrack that wont play on my mp3 player because of file format.
so many converters out there for free and players out there, no excuse
>>
>>63397698
Jesus Christ how how can you not like Nujabes
>>
What irritates me most about plebs is, the smaller their comfort zone in music, the more likely they are to dismiss music they don't like as "bad music" as opposed to stuff that they don't enjoy.
>>
>>63391454
>country music

What are you fucking incest?
>>
>>63393279
good job, pleb
Now get out of my board
>>
>>63398148
Which is why things like NMH is so good to make someone start listening to music.

I don't think most people will like it on the first go, but after a while they might start appreciating it, learning that you can't just dismiss things out of the blue.

It's almost sad how it works, because on the first listen you might think it's shit, then you listen to it more and start liking it, and since you like it it can't possibly be shit right? so you recognize that not everything you dislike at first is shit.
>>
>>63395073
>>one of them has a comfort zone that ranges from deep house to techno
He is probably the most patrician
>>
>>63394903
Who wasn't, anon
>>
>>63395949
kek
>>
>>63395949
oh, shit, dude, you live my dreams
>>
>>63396651
Literally, disgusting taste
The normie is you
>>
File: 1369436407122.gif (961 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1369436407122.gif
961 KB, 240x180
>>63396651
>In car
>Tosses it back
>Screen gets cracked
How the fuck?
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43 KB, 514x536
>>63393510
>>63394743
>>63395302
>>63395949
>>
>>63391443
whatever I play it's always badly received

I just stopped bothering
>>
>>63398587
name some artists
>>
>>63393388
>White Winter Hymnal Pentatonix
Jesus Christ why did I look that up
>>
>>63394392
epic post!
>>
File: 1425921920418.png (341 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
1425921920418.png
341 KB, 399x399
>have complete control of the music whenever I'm out with my friends
>usually just Pixies, Nick Jonas, Pop-Rap, sometimes stuff like White Denim and Vampire Weekend
just get some accessible banger stuff on your phone and then scream to it
>>
Everybody likes the music I play. I also know how to gauge the situation. Plus everybody knows I have better taste in music than they do, so they don't dare to put it down. Nobody likes to be made to feel dumb for not having music taste.
>>
>>63394903
This happened to me freshman year of college. My roommate and his friends were either wiggers or actual niggers. All they would listen too was shitty trap music and some indie and electronic. It got to the point where I'd blast k-pop and Brokencyde out of spite.
>>
>>63392479
shoulda sent em 2 tha essence
>>
My friends were pretty receptive to shit

They mostly listen to EDM but I've gotten them into OPN, AnCo, fuck loads of shoegaze, lots of IDM, lots of post-rock, etc.

It's too bad I moved away and hardly talk to them anymore. They were some great fucking guys.
>>
>>63391443
I often play Nicolas Jaar. Everyone's enjoying it, which is really cool.

Also, I once asked a few guys if they wanted to have an "active" listen to Mount Eerie when I just discovered that, they agreed, and they thought it was great and unlike anything they've ever heard. One of them even listened to more Microphones on his own later.

I got some pretty nice friends in that regard, they are cool with me playing the more inaccessible stuff if I want, just so they can hear something new. I do try to find music they would enjoy though, but I did show them stuff like HEALTH or Death Grips, which aren't really normie-compliant.
>>
>>63399280
what is HEALTH?
>>
>>63399307
Abrasive electro / noise rock
>>
>>63399307
>he doesn't know who HEALTH are

lurk more desu senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>Sitting shotgun in a car of hyped up, nightlife type people.
>Dude driving passes me the aux
>Girl in the back asks me to put on a banger
>1930 by Merzbow it is
>Everyone stops talking, leans back, grips their seats
>We all leave behind our human forms and transform into formless vibrations, pulsating in resonance

But actually I usually just put on whatever I feel like listening to. Generally it ends up being appropriate.
>>
>>63391443
circa 2009

put on a vivian girls ep

no one liked it.

they put on phoenix.

in retrospect, phoenix is much better car music what was i thinking.

now keep some basic pop shit that i like on my phone at all times just in case.
>>
>>63399339
>>63399307
Yeah pretty much this.
They have very ethereal vocals combined with abrasive buzzsaw-esque sounds, and still manage to be extremely catchy in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyyGvaPwjs

Their newest album is more pop than anything they ever did before, but it really grew on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qvEr9bC6c
>>
>>63398686
I just gave up and started searching for collective genres

from soul and funk to classic rock to blues and even normie pop-rock hits
to easy-on-the-ear electronic stuff

NOTHING

they just want stuff they can "sing to", and since it's in english, they can't understand the lyrics ( as if I simulatenously translate the lyrics when I listen to songs in english)
i'm talking about girls ofc
>>
friend played sufjan at a party, everyone hated it and joked about him playing his "hipster shit". i just sat there thinking about how entry-level his taste is.
>>
>>63399440
I found that Arctic Monkeys pretty much always work and are catchy and well-written enough to even enjoy them on their own. As long as you skip Suck It And See. Other than that, it's perfect I-keep-this-on-my-phone-for-girls-core.
>>
File: IMG_1433.jpg (186 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1433.jpg
186 KB, 640x480
>>63391443
I was about nine beers and some cocaine deep last weekend and played Cindy Savalas by Palmbomen II six times in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Reze3A5H4

It was cool the first five times but some discontent started to emerge the sixth time through.

It's generally a mistake to hand me the aux cord.
>>
>>63399523
>I-keep-this-on-my-phone-for-girls-core.

jesus christ keeping women entertained should be an art-form
>>
>>63392479
>whole squad gets fucking tinnitus
>>
>>63399535
>cocaine
Not sure if I was doing something wrong but I tried it once and I didn't like it. Didn't feel much different, and I had the most nuclear loogeys in the back of my throat.
I don't know what it is but so far everything I snorted left me disappointed.
>>
>>63399687
probably just poor qual t b h, a lot of cocaine is barely cocaine. know a guy who does that shit regularly got cuaght by the 5-0 but was released without charge because his 'cocaine' literally contained no cocaine.
>>
>>63398236
but why would they listen to it twice when they don't like it?
>>
>>63400092
>but why would they listen to it twice when they don't like it?
pleb confirmed
>>
>>63394392
edge
>>
>>63400092
thats a great question, who knows, maybe is curiosity
>>
File: 1450266739126.jpg (37 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
1450266739126.jpg
37 KB, 640x482
>>63391443
>be me
>be in a frat
>notice every time people get drunk nobody knows how to use the aux cord
>decide to put an end to it
>make party playlists on youtube, spotify, and soundcloud
>add to them every couple days

result
>no more drunk fumbling to queue songs
>general consensus is positive
>a week ago
>1 am
>phone buzzes
>"hey whats the link to the playlist we need music"
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>63400447
nah, i don't see a normie going back to something they didn't like

>>63400317
answer the question. you play them some of that music and then you expect them to go out of their way to find it later in their own time after having not liked it?
>>
was at a shitty coffee house. they had soundcloud hooked up to the pa. asked if i could put a song on they said yeah. put a mumford and sons song on and then a million dubstep tracks after it
>>
>>63400477
>nobody knows how to use an aux cord
Do you live in India?
>>
>>63398587
Fucking this.

It's rigged man.
>>
File: anco party.jpg (176 KB, 781x784) Image search: [Google]
anco party.jpg
176 KB, 781x784
>>
>>63400582
well not the cord itself, but when they all get drunk they forget how to keep a flow going, etc
>>
You guys know some shit people.
>>
File: 1408802307871.png (153 KB, 266x265) Image search: [Google]
1408802307871.png
153 KB, 266x265
>Close to the end of the high school year
>Math teacher passes a sheet around
>'Write down a song you wanna put on'
>Write 'The Mountain Goats - Jam Eater Blues'
>Everyone confused ass fuck
>Laughing
>Gets put off within 30 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvDbzb_gItI
>>
File: 1438826204620.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1438826204620.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>get handed aux chord
>Beatles
>anco
>The Radio Dept
>David Bowie
>Galaxie 500
>Pink Floyd
>Talking Heads
>The Tallest Man on Earth
>Wavves

just don't be a fucking autist, put on music for the situation.

I've been chilling with friends and got them to listen to Loveless, Ween.

Fucking hell, i got one of my friends into Swans.
>>
>>63400609
He should have known that AnCo doesn't have danceable songs. Not even the catchiest of the songs have danceable beats. Imagine dancing to math rock or post rock.
>>
>>63400780
this guy gets it
>>
>Chrismas 2 years ago
>the whole family is here
>"anon put some xmas music please"
>The Beach Boys' Christmas Album
>everyone loves that & the album is on repeat all day
yay

>Xmas last year
>the whole family is here
>"anon put some xmas music again please"
>Sufjan Stevens' Songs for Christmas boxset
>3 songs later, mum asks "... let's watch the telly instead"
mfw
>>
>friend and I are chilling.
>he's a huge traphead, exclusively listens to rap.
>mention clouddead, describe how their synths are similar to the garbage he was playing
>describe the vocals and drums and everything
>"yeah bro put it on, sounds cool
>put on Apt. A (1)
>ten seconds in, he's noticeably annoyed by lack of beats so far
>as soon as the rapping starts he flips shit about how stupid it is
>takes the chord and puts on Post Malone

I don't know what he expected, that fuckhead.
>>
>>63400780
Your friends aren't close-minded assholes like mine
>>
>>63400609
I really hate when people Capitalize Trivial Things like that
>>
>>63400872
Should have put on Death Grips son
>>
>>63392826
>Fishmans
>everyone likes them
you wish
>>
>>63400874
well... He's right, you know
>>
>>63400911
some of em are.

One listens exclusively to k-pop.

Another listens exclusively to top 40 pop.

A few of em would probably be at home at r/hiphopheads
>>
File: Cringe.gif (2 MB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
Cringe.gif
2 MB, 500x319
>>63400609
That hurts to read.
>>
>>63391443
>Be at house with 3 more friends
>High as fuck
>Don't know what to play
>Play some Machine Girl
>The other guy goes bonkers when Krystle
>tfw one of my friends begins to footwork when Out by 16, Dead on the Scene

Then I put on some MF Doom and Captain Murphy and they liked it
>>
>At party with about 30 people
>Walk into room with music
>Guillotine blasting
>Half the party going mental
>Loads of people know the words
>Get the aux chord
>Start off easy with some K.Dot
>Going well
>Throw some DOOM on
>Pretty sure one guy just orgasms
>Some people wanting metal
>Meshuggah lets go
>People know the words to this aswell
>Pass cord after a bit longer
>Ke$ha
>Leave
>>
>a few years ago, 15 years old
>in English class
>totally out of place (I'm a punk/metalhead)
>class starts, not allowed to be listening to music yet
>teacher sees and calls me out
>OHFUCKPANICMODE.webm
>teach has one of those pussy speakers you see on tv that claim to have the best sound quality ever
>as a punishment he tells kids to plug their phone in the aux cord and let's the song play, I guess to make them feel ashamed or something
>song I'm listening to is I Love Dead Babies by Discharge
Keep in mind the school I was at was full of right-wing racists and nutbags, so me and my punk friends are really hated.
>sweating profusely, slowly walk up to speaker
>plug phone in
>restart song
>luckily nobody can tell what the fuck Tezz is saying in the first verse
>chorus comes on
>"I LOVE DEAD BABIES! I LOVE DEAD BABIES!"
>all I see is fucking horror
>suspended for a month for fucking listening to my own music
>everybody who was a total fucking autist still thinks I'm some kind of maniac who gets pleasure from abortions
Still love that song though.
>>
>>63401357
>Yeah Alex I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $500
>>
File: 1440297370081.png (368 KB, 561x816) Image search: [Google]
1440297370081.png
368 KB, 561x816
>Friends at my house playing video games and chilling
>Turn on the bluetooth speaker and play some RTJ
>Friend complains that the song has "No lyrical content" and says "lemme put some real shit on"
>I cannot believe what the fuck I am hearing from HIM of all people
>Ask him what the fuck does that even mean
>Laughs and says "bruh like there's no meaning behind what he's saying"
>I am fucking appalled right now
>I think to myselfd I don't even know what this guy listens to
>Give in and let him play whatever because I'm incredibly curious at this point
>He connects to the speaker and puts on fucking wet dreamz from FHD
>Sits there singing along and saying stuff like "aye this what anon be doin"
>mfw this nigga can not be serious
Also apparently lightskinned people are inherently supposed to like J cole and 4/4 pt 2 was garbage just because Meek's name is on it. I don't even know why I bother.
>>
File: Biden laughing.gif (876 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Biden laughing.gif
876 KB, 500x281
>>63401357
there is no way this ever happened
>>
>>63401402
that's almost based tho
>>
File: captainsensible.png (273 KB, 373x288) Image search: [Google]
captainsensible.png
273 KB, 373x288
>>63401414
>>
>>63401414
>>63401434
A lot of my friends are really into music and are the kind of people who post meme pages on facebook. Wouldn't be suprised if they browsed /mu/

Is this really that unbelievable? Maybe this was a one off but I hope not.
>>
I just play future for the most part, normies love future
>>
>>63394941
IRL when its just me vs a bunch of pissed up pricks it can't go down like that without my laptop getting smashed tbqh
>>
>>63395379
works both ways.
gargoyle as in eventually going stiff with the water flowing through you.
>>
I played Marcy Playground while my dad was in the car and he goes "so this is what you listen to?"

I got the exact same reaction when I was listening to Suarez in my apartment when they arrived to pick me up.
>>
death grips with some kids from school
got kicked out of the car for playing "nigger music"
had it coming desu
>>
>>63401533
>Simple lyrics anyone can recite
>Catchy hooks
>Decent beats
>Popular so everyone automatically enjoys it
Pretty much. Throw on someone lesser known and its trash
>>
>>63401736
should have put on pantera son
>>
>>63397368
everyday my brotha
>>
>>63401736
>associating with people like this
surely no friends is better?
>>
File: 1453061446863.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1453061446863.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>63401402
you done good, anon. you done good
>>
>>63401402
Wouldn't be surprised to see this in /r/4chan tbqh desu
>>
Once after a night out (so like 2am) this guy invited us to a theater downtown that people rent for events and whatnot. Basically somebody had their wedding reception there earlier but everybody was gone and there was a ton of leftover booze and cupcakes and stuff

When I got there it was just like 50 people dancing (even though the place was huge) to generic dubstep but soon the guy's iPod died and he asked if I had anything good, so I plugged my iPhone into the enormous fucking house system while the dude controlled the fucking crazy lights in there

I played random dancey bangers I had like Jamie xx - I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) and Leon Vynehall - (It's Just) House of Dupree) and everybody was loving it, but when I played Todd Terje - Inspector Norse everybody completely lost their shit. It was really awesome

The coolest thing was like, the system was just ridiculously huge and everybody was dancing like crazy, spontaneously making out and stuff. I felt like a god
>>
>>63402024
>leon vynehall
are normies into house music this good? sounds pretty rad tho anon/!
>>
Do normies like Cocteau Twins?
>>
>>63402071
You shoulda heard that Vynehall track on this system, like the thump of the bass was so killer and the loops so catchy the normies couldn't help themselves
>>
Normally I just put on something Sublime-esque or cheesy year 6 disco music

Goes down pretty well
>>
>>63396651
fuck you faggot

you hang out with people you don't even like

you're the worst kind of person
>>
>>63401736
where do u live?
>>
I once DJed an indiefag party in a local club. I played pretty standard stuff, but I snuck in I've Seen Footage and it got fucking wild.
>>
>>63402476
Wild in a positive way? I've Seen Footage is one of their catchiest and accessible songs, so I can see how people can get into that without knowing about them.
>>
>>63400477
>be me
>be in a frat
enjoy your permanent low self esteem unless you have a group of men surrounding you
>>
>>63400477
>"hey whats the link to the playlist we need music"
Nice. It always feels good when people listen to music you show them on their own. I've had that a few times where I showed up at a friend's and I would hear some album playing I put on in the background a while ago.
>>
I was driving around with people and I put on New Order and 80s stuff and they loved it.
>>
>>63402525
Yes, in a positive way, people dug it. I chose the most accessible song on purpose, but I was still a bit worried. People have started requesting it from then on though.
>>
>be me
>hanging out with normie friends
>they ask me to put some music on
>try literally everything. Death Grips, Kanye West, AnCo. Fucking everything.
>literally call it shit less that 15 seconds into every song

They only listen to a shitty genre from my country called cumbia. They have like 250 songs and they're all the same genre.
>>
File: 1344285726748.gif (2 MB, 370x689) Image search: [Google]
1344285726748.gif
2 MB, 370x689
all of my friends have similar music taste as me and are always open to new music, so as long as i don't play something like merzbow or free jazz it's all good
>>
>>63403269
>normie friends
>puts on death grips and animal collective
what? first of all whats up with those basic af /mu/core choices. second: what did you expect? wait this is probably a troll so fuck me.
>>
i always play death grips, especially bc i know they wont like it. one time i played up my sleeves, and the most dizzying section before the "ill ever know" part the driver just turned it off. that actually happened twice at the same point in the same song
>>
>>63397770
Holy shit your brother sounds like a fucking faggot
>>
>>63403346
** happened two seperate times
>>
>>63391443
>at a small party w close friends
>theyre drunk, im rolling
>put on marquee moon
>"hey anon this shits pretty good"
They usually listen to radio and #bangerz, I think I also played some pc music that night
>>
>>63403305
normie
>>
>>63397006

awww
>>
>>63403305
It was I've Seen Footage. That's like the most accessible song they've made.

Same for AnCo, it was Lion In A Coma.
>>
>>63403611
why does everyone say its the most accessible? just because its a typical kick snare type beat? hell lost boys is more rap than that
>>
>>63403611
okay, but it's still nothing i would play a normie friend. there must be better choices. most normies like hip hop so id play some hip hop i enjoy too. for example the past few times i had good results with busdriver. his mixtape thumbs has some incredible normie friendly tracks like worlds to run. or just play future if you are into that. if you dont like hip hop get some chill techno/house type of stuff on there, dj koze is one of my favs. if it gotta be more upbeat put on hudson mohawke or something. or just put on some normie friendly indie shit like hot chip. really everything better than anco or death grips.
>>
>>63399659
this
>>
>>63403892
I did play some hip-hop, stuff like Kanye and Kendrick Lamar.
>>
>>63394392
xD simply epin m8
>>
>>63391724
Patrician
>>
>>63398933
>I'd blast k-pop and Brokencyde
pretty patrish tbqh
>>
depends on who i'm with
>>
My friends are too weirded out by my music.
Shit that's considered pleb here is practically from other planets when friends hear it.
Some like it but most don't know what to think.
>>
>>63394392
lmao fuck all the newfags who are so shocked by this that all they can mutter is "e-edgy"

Edgy is by far the shittiest meme
>>
>>63405688
No, that title would go to that picture
>>
>all of us blipped in the car incl. driver
>get handed aux cord
>put on teardrop by massive attack
>driver pulls over just so we can all mong out to the music
>>
I play きゃりぱみゅぱみゅ at a party once, people seemed to enjoy it
>>
File: 1454125913168.jpg (127 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
1454125913168.jpg
127 KB, 660x660
>>63395073
Pshhttt.

Anon. Get the hint. She wants to fuck you
>>
>>63396651
You have shit taste in music, anon.

They have every right to get mad at you.
>>
>>63391443
i put on some big boys one time at a frat-ish (ie not at a frat house but similar crowd) kind of college party.

went surprisingly well. lots of people danced. a couple were turned off by the lyrics, seeing as how they have a song about killing frat kids
>>
File: 1445573168689.jpg (93 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1445573168689.jpg
93 KB, 900x900
>>63402530
You seem to be upset, anon.
>>
>driving with my dad
>he's already dug some of the stuff I've show him
>decide to put on fireworks - anco
>he starts really digging it
>end up going through all of SJ and most of Feels
All in all, pretty good
>>
>>63403269
but cumbia is beautiful
>>
>>63400735
that song is catchy as fuck
>>
>>63407495
Only the stuff that comes from Colombia or Peru or stuff. The ones that come from Argentina, not so much. It's basically what dadrockers see when they think of rap: Niggers singing about booze, drugs and sex every single song with little to no variation or experimentation.
>>
>At a company party
>"hey, you listen to lots of music, what's some good party music?"
>"Girltalk is pretty upbeat"
>they put it on
>2 seconds into Feed the Animals
>"this is terrible"
not surprising, but I though Girl Talk was pretty upbeat party music so whatever.
>>
>>63394392
NICE MEME
>>
I was the DJ for a lot of parties when I was an underclassman in college. Most of the time the response was unenthusiastic, but I swear to god I absolutely destroyed one party. I think it was in the fall, like the first big party when the weather gets nice and everyone was ready to have a good time anyway. I just read the crowd well, played the hits with some classics, and I had everybody dancing all night. This was in 2011 and everyone in my college town was a trend slave at the time, so my preparation consisted of reading Vice and Fader for like an hour the night before.

I can't take much credit, because at that time we had good parties every other weekend, but at that party I was just the cherry on top so to speak, the people wanted certain songs and I just played what they wanted. It was more that everyone's tastes happened to align that weekend.

It was fun being the DJ too because everyone was giving me drinks, I got to hit a few blunts, my roommate was into hippy crack at the time so I got to take some rips off the nitrous. I remember floating off nitrous right when "Guilty Conscience" by Wiz Khalifa dropped. That should give you an indication of the kind of music I was playing. I played "Stoner's Night" by Juicy J too. I was basically just ripping off Rusty's Essential Mix. I played some Ricky Rosay and Nicki, Snoop Dogg once.

I was playing music with the Hercules DJ table and Mixxx on my little netbook with my roommate's dad's Bose system. We had that shit cranked all the way. I was playing in the main room, and it was about 15 feet by 20 feet. At the beginning of the night I just had a few people in there but I stuck with it for about an hour and from 12 to 1 the room was packed end to end. I played until 3 then my friend took over. I think I still have the playlist on my hard drive.

Shit was lit, fuck the haters.
>>
>>63399371
>1930 by Merzbow it is

Holy Kek
>>
File: 1453134420011.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1453134420011.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
>tfw used to be an angsty metalcore/deathcore/post hardcore kid
>as i got older develop taste into other kinds of music
>folk, hip hop, electronic music, alt/prog rock, avant-garde, art rock, country, blues
>one particular friend still only listens to metalcore/pop punk bands
>still hasn't opened to the idea of listening to other music
>doesn't like any kind of hip hop at all, nor most of my music
>only band i got him into was Jeff Rosenstock (how)

I've given up. The more music you listen to the shitter your taste is by normie standards.
>>
>>63396686
cause its a normie song anon
>>
>in car with acquaintances
>everyone likes metal
>brainstorming stuff to listen to
>I suggest Sunn's Black One
>nothing like I remember it
>music changed like 10 or 15 minutes later
>>
>>63409729
>playing Sunn O))) in a car
You must not know how Sunn O))) works.
>>
>i'm in charge of music again
>decide to trick them and just play the radio on my phone
>still get criticised as if I'm the one in charge of track selection

I think they just want to hate me
>>
>>63410116
Sometimes I honestly fucking loathe people.
>>
File: 1424299763413.gif (4 MB, 238x131) Image search: [Google]
1424299763413.gif
4 MB, 238x131
>friends pass me the aux cable at a listening party for some indie band (sooriginal.jpeg)
>put this on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9S5-E6So40
>people start walking out of the listening party
>>
I was colouring with my niece and she wanted to put on The Wiggles but I suggested Kraftwerk. She loved it. said it sounded like computers singing.
>>
>driving back from party
>play Death Grips
>everyone liked it
>after that we exploded a bunch of Miller cans in the park
High school was the best of times
>>
I got told the fucking avalanches were "weird"

dont think i ever wanted friends anyway
>>
>>63410460

that shit is horrible. they were right to walk away
>>
File: 1446785049901.jpg (97 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1446785049901.jpg
97 KB, 600x709
>>63397698
>not liking Nujabes
I refuse to believe these people exist.
>>
File: carman.png (138 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
carman.png
138 KB, 500x579
>>63409729
>>
>>63391443
>play Innocence by Bjork
>one of her less weird songs
>get a weird look
>friend liked the beat
>>
File: Basement-Promise-Everything.jpg (363 KB, 670x670) Image search: [Google]
Basement-Promise-Everything.jpg
363 KB, 670x670
Pretty much all of my friends have a common ground in 90s alt rock, because its what we all grew up on, so whenever we're in cars together its usually like Nirvana, Failure, Seaweed, Alice in Chains, Hum, Mudhoney, etc, or modern iterations like Basement and Daylight. It usually sits well with even the most normie of normies, too.

If parents are in the car I usually just throw on Big Star. If its my sister I'll put on Janelle Monae.
>>
>>63409876
>>63410885
I mean, they're into Sleep, Boris, and other similar stuff. For whatever reason I remembered them being heavier on Black One.
>>
>>63391443
That kid looks too young to be driving
>>
File: want to.png (271 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
want to.png
271 KB, 500x501
>Not picking your younger brother and his girlfriend while listening to Exmilitary while forgetting that you were wearing a hairband

Step it up.
>>
>At a big backyard party with like 60 people
>Everyone is drunk as fuck
>Friend grabs my iPod and hooks it up to the speakers and plays Sandstorm
>All is good because we're all shit tossed
>Remember I left it on shuffle
>Fuck
>Dude, we gotta disconnect it as soon as the song is done, who knows what will come up next
>Sandstorm is almost over
>Too drunk to find where we put it
>It's over now
>Two seconds of tense silence
>Please be something good
>Fucking Scott Joplin ragtime comes up
>Too embarrassed to keep looking for the iPod
>Walk off into the night to take a pissed as Weeping Willow Rag fades into the distance behind me

Nobody gave a shit because we were all drunk, and anything sounded good, but it was still fucking embarrassing
>>
i always play lana del rey to the dismay of everyone else and it ends up getting changed 10 seconds later
>>
>>63394636
Djing house parties is horrible. I've done 50 of them and only 1 time I had a gig where I could play non stop bangers all night successfully. Shit was amazing.
>>
>>63394743
M A D M A N

But seriously. Playing this shit is social suicide.
>>
>listen to Death Grips' Blackjack
>feelin it
>girlfriend watching tv next to me
>slip headphones on her head
>she listens to nothing but top 40
>expect her to hate it and force her to listen to it just for kicks
>her face was pure curiosity
>"what is this!!!?"
>uuuuh, D-Death Grips....
>tfw you found the one
>>
What the fuck is an aux cord?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.