[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What music did you listen to when you where younger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: The Fratellis - Costello Music.jpg (48 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
The Fratellis - Costello Music.jpg
48 KB, 500x495
What music did you listen to when you where younger?
>>
Beatles and the 90s alternative cds in my dad's car.
>>
>>63386308
Essentially this, with 00s indie. Franz Ferdinand was seminal to me.
>>
>>63386297

As a Canucks fan, I heard that a lot in April and May from 2009-2011
>>
>>63386297
lots of jimmy buffet and john hiat since that's what my pop played in his truck all the time.
>>
>>63386297
pretty much the same thing as I do now, shitty pop-punk and metalcore
>>
The Cure, Duran Duran, The Moody Blues, Tangerine Dream, Jonathan Richman.
>>
File: DWAC.jpg (312 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
DWAC.jpg
312 KB, 1280x1280
>>
>>63386297
Toby Keith, only "I wanna talk about me"
And aaron carter
Then pink floyd in grade school and ill never forget listening to the first few lines of breathe "All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" and just thinking oh shit, what a bunch of pessimists.
And i went on denying life was that void for awhile, then accepted it and live better cause of it.
>>
linkin park
>>
>>63386297
That album, Metallica, Beatles, and whatever my parents put on the radio.

I still like that album, but it's probably just nostalgia.
>>
I used to love Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Darkness, Coheed and Cambria.

Still love Coheed though.
>>
Big four of thrash. 80s glam metal. Green day. Bit older than that I went through a shitty edm phase.
>>
>>63389401
these

also marilyn manson, slipknot, various top forty shits, and a lot of kerrang radio.
>>
>>63389148
this

also System of a Down and 40 Below Summer
>>
>>63386297
Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Killers...
>>
Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Fallout Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse. Then at the end of freshman year of highschool I discovered Radiohead and Animal Collective and I was never the same.
>>
The first two CDs I ever bought (well, asked my parents to buy at Target) were Hybrid Theory and Gorillaz in 4th grade. I felt like such a badass because Gorillaz had a parental advisory sticker on the cover and Linkin Park was metal as fuck.

I still have that Gorillaz CD in my car. Excellent album. LP, though...I didn't enjoy it then and I don't miss it now.
>>
File: everybody's changing.jpg (18 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
everybody's changing.jpg
18 KB, 316x316
Robbie Williams and Blur and Keane lmao
>>
Dad rock and electronica, mostly. Discovering Crystal Castles when they were still really obscure and mostly unknown was pretty neat.
>>
File: R-2246338-1312500222.jpeg.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
R-2246338-1312500222.jpeg.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>63386297
This was the first CD I ever bought
I'm not sure if there's anybody else that can say that
>>
>>63393672
>Blur
eugh
>>
>>63393781
daily reminder that only american teenagers dislike blur

daily reminder that gorillaz never put out a track better than beetlebum
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.