[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theguardian.com/music/20 16/mar/17/sxsw-music-ton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: markkozelek270612w.jpg (47 KB, 604x388) Image search: [Google]
markkozelek270612w.jpg
47 KB, 604x388
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/mar/17/sxsw-music-tony-visconti-future-of-music-industry

>In a rambling speech, Visconti said that today’s record labels were simply repeating the formulae of the past, with diminishing returns. He described mainstream pop, aimed at a teenage audience, as “a computer and a vocal that was doctored to goodness knows how much”. On the other hand, he said, there are songwriters like Sun Kil Moon, “who just wrenches you and will tear your heart out – that’s an album I can’t listen to without tears falling and my dear friend David Bowie turned me on to that album.”
Mark is probably ecstatic about this
>>
>a white man's opinion

literally who cares
>>
this is the same dude who assumed gira was a rapist just because he gave him a firm handshake one time
>>
>>63378636
isn't that the same guy who said gira gave him too hard of a handshake?

whatever any good publicity is better for Mark.Laura snapes and the other faggots went at him hard on universal themes which IMO was better than Benji
>>
>>63378699
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKmoze-hlXU
>>
>Visconti concluded that the music industry needed to be more adventurous when looking for new artists. “Look at those freaks out there, the really weird ones, because that’s what the public wants to hear,” he said.

Visconti preaching wisdom
>>
>>63378699
you mean he assumed he was a sick fuck because of his handshake. To be fair, Michael's lyrics probably also made him think that.
>>
>>63378709
>isn't that the same guy who said gira gave him too hard of a handshake?

How is that relevant at all to his opinions on the music industry?

Guess OJ doesn't know shit about football because he's a criminal
>>
>>63378636
who, above the age of 12, doesn't already know this?
>>
File: AHHH5.jpg (18 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
AHHH5.jpg
18 KB, 600x400
I wish Mark was more appreciated in the music industry :( too but twenty 22 years ago

It would blow my mind to see what music would have come out if Roller Coaster/Ocean Beach became very popular during the 90's
>>
>>63378794
did u read the sentence below that? I agreed with what he said and i'm glad mark is getting recognition

>>63378772
Grimes?
>>
>>63378822
Whoops
22 years ago*
>>
>>63378636
he probly doesnt like trap music. pleb.
>>
>>63378822
Wasn't Songs for a Blue Guitar remotely popular?
>>
>>63378833
>Grimes?
not what I was thinking, but sure she's more talented than most of the pop artists topping charts. wish she'd try something more ambitious though.
>>
>>63378935
Not that i recall, maybe a little bit cause of Have You Forgotten being in Almost famous
>>
File: 0192.png (70 KB, 900x280) Image search: [Google]
0192.png
70 KB, 900x280
>>
>>63378664
progressive
>>
Imma see him with Jesu, that's cool
>>
>le weak handshake man

I don't trust this guy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.