[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a song better then Time >Protip: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22 KB, 300x300
Name a song better then Time
>Protip: you can't
>>
Octavarium
>>
>>63375468
Anything off of Animals
>>
>>63375468
echoes
or even us and them tbqh
>>
>>63375468
All the small things
>>
File: Tom-Waits-Rain-Dogs.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Waits-Rain-Dogs.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
>>63375468
No, I agree with Time.
>>
>>63375511
What this person said. Time is fantastic but a tad overrated.
>>
File: pmrant.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pmrant.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>63375481
THIS is music!
>>
>>63375671
who is this saucy cuck
>>
>>63375468
Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
>>
Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict
>>
The Great Gig in the Sky
Time
>>
>>63376178
Time? Better than Time?
>>
>>63375468

Any Colour You Like

wew that was easy
>>
>>63375489
Anybody want to point out whats so good about animals? Is it some hipster thing, or do most of you guys think it is really good? I dont really find the appeal. Haven't listened to it enough either though.
>>
Even Us & Them and Any Colour You Like are better
>>
>>63375671
>brides maids poster
Would wine and dine, then gently enter/10
>>
>Starless
Time isn't even the best prog rock song OP
>>
>>63376279
I'm just doing what OP said.

>Name a song better then Time
>>
>>63376792
kek
>>
File: 1455583653792.jpg (111 KB, 736x921) Image search: [Google]
1455583653792.jpg
111 KB, 736x921
While Any Colour You Like is instrumental, it has been speculated that the song ties to The Dark Side of the Moon concept by considering the lack of choice one has in human society, while being deluded into thinking one does. It is also speculated that the song is about the fear of making choices. The origin of the title is unclear.

The first half of the song repeats the same few notes on the keyboard except they play it faster, slower, backwards. and forwards to create the illusion of listening to different things. It cleverly shows how people are mislead into thinking they are deciding how their life will run, but that is not the case as society forces you to take a certain path. Note its position on the album, too. "Us and Them" is about paranoia, immediately following this is "Any Colour You Like" and then "Brain Damage", finally Eclipse. Any Colour is the nervous breakdown that comes in between the onset of paranoia and the "brain damage."

The song used advanced effects for the time both in the keyboard and the guitar. The VCS 3 synthesizer was fed through a long tape loop to create the rising and falling keyboard solo. David Gilmour used two guitars with the Uni-Vibe guitar effect to create the harmonizing guitar solo for the rest of the song. "Any Colour You Like" is also known (and is even listed on the Dark Side guitar tablature book) as "Breathe (Second Reprise)" because the song shares the same beat (albeit somewhat funkier and uptempo) as the album's first song "Breathe". It has also nearly the same chord sequence just transposed a whole step lower from E minor to D minor.

The reason why I have fallen in monogamic love with this tune is due to its perfection. The production behind it is unmatchable by any standard. The synthesizers take front row for most of the production, and the guitar/bass/drum combo serve as a base. In my mind, this is what a song should try to achieve if it wants to be perfect.

https://youtu.be/_83urK9rO4U
>>
>>63375918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.