[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?

pic related
>>
Easily Death Grips.
>>
good thread
>>
foxygen
>>
Death Grips takes the cake on this one. I'd heard about them being bad but I had no idea just how fucking awful their live sound was.
>>
kek that filename
>>
File: 1343136551_zappa.jpg (28 KB, 391x500) Image search: [Google]
1343136551_zappa.jpg
28 KB, 391x500
>>63374297
you're favorite band lmao
>>
>>63374297
great thread
>>
>>63374361
What was bad about them?
>>
>>63374345
>>63374407
>memerap fucc niqqas on suicide watch
>>
Honestly, Xiu Xiu. :/ But to be fair....there was only one member of Xiu Xiu there playing, so....not really fair to judge, I guess? It was pretty cringey all the same though.
>>
>>63374297
saw mac demarco at webster hall. this band that opened pc worship was hte worst tripe ive ever heard in my life
>>
>>63374411
He is just boring, the band is really fun live, well playing. but don't watch the twice on the same tour.
>>
>>63374297
Location and date?
>>
>in concert

say "live"

it's called a show you fucking retard, not a "concert"
>>
ITT: buttblasted DG fans
>>
>>63374297

Nadja

>>63374543

Nobody cares.
>>
I guess I can see why people wouldn't like it. Personally it was one of the best shows I've ever been to, next to Mutemath
>>
>>63374297
You must be not feeling it.
>>
>>63375005
Not noided
>>
Interpol at Alexandra Palace back in like '07/'08

Absolute garbage, got up on stage and acted like they were separated from the audience by a brick wall, no interaction whatsoever

Blonde Redhead opened for them though, and they were excellent, so many qt japanese girl panty shots

Runner up: flaming lips performing the soft bulletin in full, the show was great but brought down slightly by the fact the set ran over by about an hour because coyne spent about 15-20 minutes between songs rambling about absolutely nothing because he was high as shit
>>
>>63375216
>>63375005

xD noided meme i love dg
>>
DG is the best band I've ever seen live.

Not a band, but J Cole was pretty bad live.
>>
>>63374297
Vi mesa, 2-3 years ago, worst thing ever. Pure playback.
>>
>>63374297
I thought Death Grips was pretty good. The sound was a bit off, but the energy was unreal for (most of) their 80 minute set.

Lil B stands out in my mind for such a lethargic performance. That weekend, I also saw Milo, Flatbush Zombies, and Cakes da Killa, and all of them did a markedly better job at connecting with the audience
>>
>>63376324
Fuck man I saw Flatbush Zombies at a festival last summer and it was mental. Didn't know you could have such great moshpit at a hiphop show before.
>>
I think DG is great live and I don't even like DG anymore
>>
Red hot chili peppers suck ass and i saw them live, it was awful
>>
Probably Boris
One of those reciprocal things where the crowd was bored so Boris seemed bored which made the crowd seem more bored, only some drunk dudes ever cheered, etc.
>>
I saw Muse at a festival last summer on their drones tour. I don't really like them anyway, least of all their new album, so I didn't really expect a lot. They had a big expensive show and all, but it was boring, zero interaction and the crowd was basically just mothers clapping unrhythmically to the music.
>>
>>63374510
Nah I saw them live and they were a total train wreck

Easily the worst show I've been to
>>
>>63376694
Roskilde?
>>
>>63376427
>Didn't know you could have such great moshpit at a hiphop show before.
Gotta go to more rap shows man. Most drill/trap/hype rap shows have moshpits these days.

>tfw getting into a moshpit as soon as the "YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH" in m.A.A.d. city came on while watching Kendrick

Feels good man.
>>
Easily riff raff. 4 hours of local djs and rappers as the openers, then he comes out for 45 minutes and raps over the tracks while they play. Fucking awful
>>
>>63376701
Nah, saw them in NC. Singer had a bit of a melt-down, and not the fun kind.
>>
>>63374543
pls calm down
>>
>>63374297

Fucking Kindness

I hate bands that destroy instruments (especially if it's lent, as was the drum kit) just for the sake of it...
>>
Children of Bodom and The Black Dahlia Murder

I know, what can you expect but my friend was a major fan of theirs sometime around '08 and I agreed to go see them with him. It's not even that the bands had a bad night or anything, they're just so lame. Alexi Leiho seems so full of himself it's actually kind of funny to watch sometimes. He just looks so perpetually amazed by his own shredding ability.
>>
File: LouieLouie.jpg (24 KB, 304x304) Image search: [Google]
LouieLouie.jpg
24 KB, 304x304
>>
>>63377378
Yea, I haven't been to many rap shows. And most I've been to were boring and people were just waving with their hands. Saw Kendrick at the same festival and I didn't want to mosh at his show, regret it in hindsight because I did see some going on. Kendrick was amazing nonetheless.
>>
>>63376551
RHCP have always been complete ass live, even when they were OK in the studio (BSSM) they were either too smacked out or too old
>>
>>63374396
you are favorite band?
>>
Two nerds who dropped big money on elektron boxes to make some unengaging sample-based schlock, played a basement techno show
>>
Even though I still enjoyed seeing death grips live I wish they'd go back to taking rides vocals out of the backing tracks. I know he's getting older and has to keep himself from losing his voice on tour. But it sounds so fucking bad sometimes.
>>
>See joe bonamassa in 2013, friends mom won tickets from a work raffle or something (17 at the time),
>First fifteen minutes he just plays about 10 notes and then tosses the guitar pick into the audience
>Sound is extremely quiet, this is in a theater of about 3,000 people, sounds like he's playing for himself and only himself to hear, speakers are in bad locations (pointed in every direction except for the crowd)
>Only sings 50% of his lyrics
>Half the crowd is gone after 45 minutes
>After an hour and 10 he ends it by saying he's taking an intermission
>Runs off the stage
>Rest of the band walks of after 20 minutes
>Couple of people piss themselves laughing
>Ask for a cash refund after and they give me and friend half
>>
>>63376324
>>63376427
Damn I might go see flatbush zombies next saturday now. Seems like it would be a sick show.
>>
hip hop moshpits are always full of retards who don't knoe how to act at a show
>>
BB King in 2012. The guy was dying on stage. Waste of 100$
>>
>>63374297
>see alien ant farm in 2003
>they play smooth criminal about 3 times in a row
>at the end they ask some guy with his arms crossed "what? you're not having fun"
>obviously extremely pissed at this guy
>for ten minutes they stand around talking to audience members about the whole situation
>eventually half the audience is gone
>two chicks ask them to play smooth criminal again
>they do and by the end everyone including me and my friend has left
>apparently they played some unreleased songs and then left
>FUCK ALAIN ANT FArM is still spray painted on the venue (manager deleted the fuck after a few months)
>>
>>63379312
Go there. Their studio stuff sounds really chill, perfect to relax too. But live man, the bass was so heavy I just couldn't help myself but go wild. I had a tattoo on my back done 3 days before and it hurt when people bumped into me but I couldn't stop myself. They were literally asking for at least two moshpits on every side, and the crowd obeyed.
>>
>2012
>2 months before the election
>at the warped tour (please forgive me)
>some "vampires everywhere" band comes on
>singer has fake blood gushing from xir mouth, is handcuffed and also is wearing a sign that says HELLBOUND on xir neck
>they play absolute shit music before xir makes out with the guitar player and they both get into a slam poetry style rant about gay marriage
>then they set a few pictures of Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Ron Paul on fire
>some guy throws a beer bottle at them for Ron Pau
>they leave disgusted with "all these satan fearing homophobes"
>considered killing myself for about a week after that for seeing that
>still have dreams about being there
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.