[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQH 1b6YFnmM This shit'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: mods-2015.jpg (810 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
mods-2015.jpg
810 KB, 2060x1236
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQH1b6YFnmM
This shit's the most relevant and honest thing of the decade, fuck your weak nigga hip hop and dead indie scene
>>
>>63370796
Autechre a shit
>>
File: a3822907375_10.jpg (208 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a3822907375_10.jpg
208 KB, 1200x1200
Agreed
https://youtu.be/0xINZ7zMtaI
>>
i'm not bothered, i never was
here's a crap caravan on tiswas
>>
I can't tell if this is patrician, or if it's just so cringe that I can't help but enjoy it
>>
>>63370884
they talk about things most people avoid, be it poverty, dull everyday routine, shit jobs, failed society, wars, political lies or whatever. And they don't try to be something they are not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jd_2WQz1ao
>>
You never hear anyone say "Sleaford Mods? Yeah... They're ok." People either love them or hate them. Put me in the former group.
https://youtu.be/dEYYI1ii0AU

>Can of Strongbow
>I'm a mess
>>
>>63370796
I saw them live last may I will never forget that show was fuckin amazing, despite the rage and honestly it was a fuckin party they are fuckin awesome
>>
>>63370796
feel bad for you if you can relate to these miserable cunts
>>
>>63370853
fuck i lol'd
>>
>>63371090
there's no such thing as "authenticity". its all a lounge act
>>
>>63372553
there's nothing miserable about it, he's not complaining
you're just projecting your own feelings onto it
>>
sleaford mods gotta be the weirdest crossover success band of the last 5 years
dudes are on a record label which puts out almost nothing but noise records, they tour with almost nothing but noise bands, they make pretty outlandish and inaccessible music and yet the press is all over them

good band though
>>
>>63372633
writers like clever wordy music, they like the fall as well
>>
grown men who haven't grown up yet. no wonder they are/were stuck in dead end jobs
>>
>>63372745
why would it matter to you what job someone does?
>>
>>63372650
yeah but i reckon the fall made more sense when they were coming up than sleaford mods make now, the late 70s and early 80s had a lot of those sorts of odd post-punk bands running about and at this point they're an institution so of course the press is gonna keep paying attention to them

sleaford mods are a straight up anomaly in the current pop music sphere and they seem to have no interest in not being an anomaly. i guess they just managed to tap into the zeitgeist.
>>
>>63372782
it doesn't. complaining about being stuck in a dead-end job due to personal lifestyle choices does.
>>
>>63372813
yeah completely
dissatisfaction has been pretty much erased from indie, there was a huge gap, and they cornered it
also altho social media is liberating and can be very honest it tends to rosetint everything and to get a band cutting thru it like that is kinda rare these days, it's a bit like we are in the early 70s and punk just appeared
>>
>>63372855
ah ok you're continuing to blame the victim based on a laughably small amount of information
i'm sure this makes you feel clever as well, hilarious
>>
>>63372893
>small amount of information
No I've read interviews with these two chumps and they seem to blame the entire world for all their problems rather than the fact that they're bone idol fuckups who spend their last money on special brew.

>victims
they're not passive agents in their own destiny. gb2/r/sociology you worm
>>
>>63372946
>muh interviews
haha
>>
>>63371090
I haven't listened to the band but the themes you mentioned are pretty damn common in pop music.
>>
>>63372986
nice come back

get a job. neets contribute less to society than refugees
>>
Sleaford Mods are like a band Super Hans and Jez from Peep Show would make except they are actually serious and not a parody.
>>
>>63373018
he posted to 4chan
>>
>>63373018
Stick your society up your arse pal.
>>
shite for guardian readers

anyway john cooper clarke did this shit years ago and better
>>
>>63372745
>they are/were stuck in dead end jobs
haha they didn't
jason was a boss himself back in the 00's, but that's a secret info
>>
>>63373111
he can't, his heads in the way
>>
>>63372633
they're on rough trade now though.
>>
>>63373124
here you are, again. With your stale bullshit. I'm neither a british newspapers reader nor I give a damn about that clarke guy.
I don't even listen this kind of british punk stuff, come from completely different techno background. And so do sleaford mods.
In other words, fuck off
>>
>>63373019
hahahaha i like sleaford mods but that's accurate as fuck
>>
>>63373214
off to reddit with you, child
>>
>>63373007
yes, but sm are antipop antimusic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdSGKCMZV0
>>
>>63373279
are you a bot or something, mate
>>
>>63373214
>I have no points of reference to anything that you are saying but I still think that you are wrong and I am right
wew lad
>>
>>63373343
implying that I'm the one utilizing played out, decrepit, lazy viewpoints
>>
>>63373351
What's your point of reference, silly billy? an article in the guardian? critics who say they're the new j c clarke? pls
>>
>>63370796
The piss is so strong it smells like decent baconn
>>
BRIAN ENO WHAT THE FUCK DOES HE KNOW
>>
>>63373505
>the point
>your head
he was saying that, in his opinion, Sleaford Mods are just a John Cooper Clarke for Guardian readers (because they have been well reviewed and heralded in The Guardian).
You said that you don't know what any of this stuff is and implied that he was wrong because of this.
Surely you have to realize how nonsensical this is.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.