[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make sure I get Radiohead tickets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: SD_1.jpg.jpg (111 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
SD_1.jpg.jpg
111 KB, 620x350
Radiohead tickets will be going up Friday, how do I make sure I get one?
>>
just buy yours as soon as they go up. they're a big band but they aren't Adele, they won't sell out a stadium in seconds
>>
You don't. Hopefully it's not New York because it's illegal to infringe upon scalpers rights and this show is going to be sold out before you can click find tickets. Between that and corporate seats occupying the majority of seats you're better off waiting for a festival next year. It was so easy when they played jersey last time because scalping is heavily regulated and the fans got tickets.

Tl;dr get lucky because the odds are against you especially in Jew York
>>
>>63358762
London mate.
>>
>>63358737
Ah okay that's good.
>>
>>63358815
That's even worse. Your venue is like 1700 people. Good fucking luck. Just be on at the right time.
>>
>>63358850
If I don't get a ticket when will be the next time I would be able to see them?
>>
>>63359006
Probably one of your festivals like Glastonbury but that's long sold out. Or next year they'll probably be everywhere in your major arenas.
>>
>>63358737
Last time they had a full American tour tickets sold out in hours
>>
>>63358737
Couldn't be any more wrong. I tried getting tickets to 5 shows of theirs in 2012 and every one sold out in a few minutes or less. Didn't end up with tickets to any.

Reminder that was when they were strictly playing arenas, they're playing much smaller venues this tour
>>
WTF

I can't believe that Madison Square Garden is going to sell out in minutes

I work in the box office at the Pepsi Center in Colorado. There are 18000 seats there (Madison Square Garden is like 500 more) and I still sell tickets to Iron Maiden which went on sale months ago. Same with black sabbath and even fucking AC-DC when they were on sale. I mean this is just radiohead.

I really hope I can get MSG tix

I can understand why the LA shows would be different
>>
>>63359320
I didn't say they didn't sell out. I said it was easy to get tickets. I get tickets to one Prudential date and the Camden show via waste very easily. Because they didn't announce the time they would go on sale it eliminated a lot of competition. I bought another prudential date on ticket master at the exact time no problem. Of course they sold out the show within the hour.
>>
>>63359434
Well, Radiohead's only playing like 4 shows in the states so it makes sense that they'd sell out quick
>>
>>63358737
Don't believe this OP. I tried to buy Wilco tickets this year, had presale access, loaded the page the first possible minute and saw as every single seat got sold. This was just for a regular big stadium tour for a band that is ultimately less popular than Radiohead. This is a world tour, and if you're serious about getting a ticket to it then you better prepare yourself.
>>
>>63359473
I guess, but still. This is one of the biggest stadiums in the county. And there aren't a lot of die hard radiohead fans that will refresh and try to get tickets exactly when they go on sale, in comparison to some of the other events they have there. I understand scalping and that too but it just seems ridiculous.

I will guy resale tickets if I have to but it can be sketch.

I have turned so many people away who were trying to get their will call tickets they bought from vivid seats that never showed up in the office.

Can't imagine traveling across country just to be turned away....
>>
>>63359553
>And there aren't a lot of die hard radiohead fans that will refresh and try to get tickets exactly when they go on sale
You could literally not be any more out of your mind if you think this. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
File: slut.gif (2 MB, 205x221) Image search: [Google]
slut.gif
2 MB, 205x221
>>63359553
>And there aren't a lot of die hard radiohead fans that will refresh and try to get tickets exactly when they go on sale
Nigger you're talking about NYC, one of the biggest tech-savvy hipster havens in the world.

>I will guy resale tickets if I have to but it can be sketch.
You better have $2000+ dollars then
>>
>>63359623
I'm talking about in comparison to fucking
>Taylor Swift
>Justin Beiber
>David Gilmour
>Adele

Who play the same venues.

I get their are a lot of die hard fans like that for Radiohead, me being one of them. But not like HUGE fucking pop and rock stars like the ones i just listed.
>>
>>63359646
See >>63359692

Yeah I mean I can handle spending a few grand between me and my girlfriend, but i'd of course rather spend a few hundred.
>>
>>63359692
You're wrong though. Their most die hard fans are obsessive trust fund babies who literally will pay anything to see them. Radiohead is just as big as any of those people you mentioned and more reclusive than any of them except Adele who sold out 5 nights instantly at the garden.
>>
>>63359692
Yes they fucking are, reminder that they sold out Giants Stadium in 2003 and TWO shows at Mexico City's biggest stadium in 2008 and 2012 just a few minutes after going on sale. You better pray for the best nig
>>
>>63359772
>>63359789
You're probably right I guess considering the small amount of dates and if that shit is true.

Guess I'll be shelling out...

Is it worth it?

Will there be more dates next year?
>>
>>63359831
If this truly is a warm up tour they'll be back in 2018.

If not then :^)
>>
>>63359831
They're actually one of the only bands that translates amazingly well to festivals if not better than solo shows t b h so you're better off going that route. Guaranteed they play coachella or one of our two festivals in New York next year. Good luck.
>>
You won't have a chance at any if you're a Euro or American. Bots get them in seconds, and scalpers have mastered the art of this.

However, the Japanese show shouldn't be that difficult to get.
>>
File: 1332481357466.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1332481357466.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>tfw you know you're not gonna score tickets when they go on sale and have become pathetic enough to try to get free tickets from KROQ by being the 20th caller at the top of the hour
>fifteen times
>>
>>63360004
So close mate
>>
File: 1361502741863.jpg (59 KB, 415x356) Image search: [Google]
1361502741863.jpg
59 KB, 415x356
Who else here okay as fuck if they don't get tickets cause you've seen them live already?
>>
>>63359473
>only playing 4 shows in the states
only ANNOUNCED 4 shows in the states
They will be touring the whole country like they did in 2012. (Amazing show btw)
>>
File: 1454987128472.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1454987128472.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>63360117
I've been trying to see them live for over a decade, tickets sell out very fast every time they come to my area
>>
>>63360154
from their website and facebook
>These are all the headline shows that the band will play in 2016.
>>
wait so how much are they
>>
>>63360312
Fuck my life
>>
>>63360449
http://www.stubhub.com/radiohead-tickets/performer/1568/
>>
>>63360487
oy vey thats quite a lot of shekels
>>
I literally could barely get Bruce Springsteen tickets for fucking Buffalo with 2 nice computers and good internet when he did 8 shows within 5 hours of here. Good luck for Radiohead who's doing like 6 U.S. dates and haven't toured since 2012. Don't underestimate it whatsoever.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.