[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do musicians do this? Do they realize how tacky it is to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Why do musicians do this? Do they realize how tacky it is to accept money from an institution and then criticize it? I'm not fond of Spotify myself but doing what Vince Staples did just makes you look like an asshole.
>>
>>63352868
I don't see any bleach on that shirt
>>
probably tylo be chilin
>>
So, are you say he should be a kiss-ass? Just because you're part of an institution, that doesn't mean you don't have any right to criticize it when they're doing something wrong.
>>
>>63352974
I'm not saying he should be a kiss-ass, just a performer. And he's free to criticize Spotify whenever, it just looks extremely unprofessional to do it at their own event when they're probably paying him well to perform. It's the same as when artists win an award and attend the ceremony only to slam the awards show.
>>
>>63353056
Fair enough.
>>
Thats what the Vince Staples image is
Hes cOnCiOuS
>>
File: sssssssssssssssss.png (186 KB, 707x490) Image search: [Google]
sssssssssssssssss.png
186 KB, 707x490
why do anons do this?
do they realize how pleb they look by not just having a twitter account but by also following pitchfork on top of that?
>>
>>63353267
4/10 bait try again
>>
>>63352868
You realize he's signed to a label and might not have full say on what platforms his music ends up
>>
>>63353299
Of course, I'm just saying that his criticism of Spotify would feel more legitimate if he weren't literally on a Spotify stage, performing for them and getting money directly from them.
>>
File: laughing celebrity.jpg (218 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
laughing celebrity.jpg
218 KB, 1024x768
>>63353539
Sounds a bit uppity. :^)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.