[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. Why would you make an album solely focused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Songs_of_love_and_hate.jpg (24 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
Songs_of_love_and_hate.jpg
24 KB, 301x300
I don't get it. Why would you make an album solely focused on you singing, if you can't sing? I get it, he is a poet and the lyrics are allegedly amazing, but why would I give a shit? Couldn't he just print the text as poetry? Or delegate singing to someone who actually CAN sing? Being a great poet isn't excatly greatly correlated with being a great musician, Probably a fantastic soccer player could kick a football against the wall for 40 minutes and record it over acoustic guitar, but it woldn't sound great, right?
>>
>>63351640
i suggest finding a new art form to be interested in because music is clearly not for you
>>
I like his voice. I mean, Love and Hate isn't exactly one of my favourites, but Songs from a room and Songs of Leonard Cohen were touching.

P.S. Adam Sandler
>>
>>63351696
Al Pacino lol

>>63351640
Do you like Bob Dylan, anon?
>>
>>63351696
>>63351722
D U S T I N
>>
File: LeonardCohen.jpg (406 KB, 725x1715) Image search: [Google]
LeonardCohen.jpg
406 KB, 725x1715
Cohen is pure sex
>>
>>63351722
OP here, I am not crazy about him, but he doesn't bore me to death and he certainly has more to offer than just reading lyrics over few chords.
>>
>>63351640
You're an irredeemable pleb. A pretty singing voice is like a pretty lamp, attractive but substance less.
>>
>>63351640
I don't know if you're trolling or not but I'll bite.

The focus is, as always, on the lyrics. His deadpan tuneless voice is as defining as his lyrics. He's a true poet who's chosen the form of song to project his vision. If you listen to any covers of his classics (no, Hallejuah is not a classic Cohen) they don't hit that spot. Even someone like Bill Callahan who has an equally deadpan voice and can't exactly 'sing' doesn't emote 'So Long Marianne' the same way Leonard does.
>>
>>63351640
Just because Cohen isn't flashy does not mean that he can't sing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQZEVJ1cHSA

He stays fairly in tune on this song, his style is that he doesn't over-sing the songs and focuses on the delivery and timing.
>>
>>63352083
Furthermore, another example.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yOnXe8ttmjY

Cohen is actually pretty important to understand as a vocalist because of the way he gives emphasis, and weight to certain words. He is not simply reading poetry in monotone. His vocal style dos what he writes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.