[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6 gQmhaMn4 >this is co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 963.jpg (103 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
963.jpg
103 KB, 600x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6gQmhaMn4

>this is considered mainstream in japan
>47M views

This is the kind of stuff that would get like 10,000 views in America
>>
>>63344660
That's because Americans don't have a culture.
>>
its clean and vibrant pop music of course its considered mainstream
>>
>>63344685
>he says on an American website that almost exclusively discusses American media
>>
>>63344717
You mean a Japanese website tht an American stole that is now ran by a jap and mostly discusses eastern culture?
>>
>>63344717
Haha what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>63344729
4chan was dedicated to Japanese culture. Chris Poole was living in America when 4chan was created. Technically, it is an American site.

If I started a website dedicated to Croatian culture, while living in America, that doesn't make it a Croatian website.
>>
>>63344861
Non sequitur
>>
>>63344879
Not though
>>
>>63344717

>this is what amerilards actually believe

Isn't your breakfast burger getting cold
>>
>>63344685
said the retard praising the japanese band using western instruments playing a western music derivative on a western video hosting website.
>>
>>63344729
That's why the vast majority of posters speak English, right?
>>
>>63344660
it's bang average/two door cinema club tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwYJyrKK5A

>hurr why do Japan have a better taste in music.
>born in le wrong country.
piss off m8
>>
>>63344912
English isn't American.

>America is so culture-less that they don't even have their own language
>>
>>63344729
No, I mean an American website that was founded by an American and mostly discusses Western culture.
>>
>>63344978
link?
>>
File: 1436129381282.jpg (13 KB, 232x185) Image search: [Google]
1436129381282.jpg
13 KB, 232x185
Are we done with measuring our penises?

So I went and asked a friend of mine who's currently living in Japan about this band.

Turns out they really are as popular there as the view count suggests. Although lately a bit less due to a scandal in which the male vocalist was involved.

The music itself is actually surprisingly okay. I mean the autotune vocals are obnoxious but the rest is fine. I like the light funk and math rock touches. If more pop songs like this prop up into the mainstream it could be a sign of electronic pop decline (finally).
>>
>>63344915
This is not even close to the japs technicality and playfulness. The japs have some very clear math rock influences, with changing tempos and complex song structure as well as much more elaborate soloing.
>>
>>63344915
I think a more apt comparison would be with Minus the Bear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM_-L4tOQkg
>>
>>63345389
I was waiting for this reply.
Do you think the common jap that listens to that song knows that or gives a hoot?
it's still average music a la 2dcc
>>
>>63344660
thanks op, enjoyed that. sounds kinda like what 80s sophistipop might have evolved into if the 90s hadnt derailed everything
>>
>>63344660
>pop sounding song is considered pop music in japan

idk what ur trying to say here m8
>>
Pop music in Japan is shit tier these days. All about idols and their pervert followers. The golden era of music is over for a long time here. Source: living in Shinjuku
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.