[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Michael Jackson?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: michael_jackson_1.jpg (662 KB, 1236x917) Image search: [Google]
michael_jackson_1.jpg
662 KB, 1236x917
What are your thoughts on Michael Jackson?
>>
THAT NIGGA GAVE US BILLIE JEAN
YOU SAY HE TOUCHED THOSE KIDS
>>
Overrated but not bad
>>
File: offthewall.jpg (152 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
offthewall.jpg
152 KB, 658x658
Thriller and Bad are okay, but pic related is the most patrician pop album ever made.
>>
>>63332468
This album and Jamiroquai never fail to get me to dance.
>>
Do you like Michael Jackson? His early work was a little too soulful for my taste, but when Off the Wall came out in '79, I think he really came into his own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to James Brown, but I think Michael has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
In '82, Jackson released this: Thriller - his most accomplished album. I think his undisputed masterpiece is 'Billie Jean', a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics; but they should, because it's not only about the trappings of celebrity and the importance of self-control, it's also a personal statement about the artist himself.
>>
>>63332429
WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN IS U STILL A FAN
I really have mixed feelings on this, either way Billie Jean is mediocre imo

>>63332468
Just listened to Thriller for the first time sadly, too late for a first listen. What are some other good patrician pop albums?

>>63332603
Literally about to finish this book.
>>
>>63332622
Is it good? I've only seen the movie.
>>
>>63332670
Its probably the funniest book I've read, I mean I found it really hard to get into because it uses stream of consciousness writing but once I got past that I was really into it. It does have some of the most disturbing things you will ever read though but it isn't over done, its very well written actually.
>>
>>63332404
on bad and thriller he put all his effort into the singles which are amazing
the rest is pure trash
>>
Meh.

Madonna's better.
>>
They don't really care about us is such an under rated song.
>>
Paved the way for the great Chris Brown so I guess he's alright.

He's gonna live the rest of his career in Brown's shadow though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.