[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.mtv.com/news/2793656/ri p-indie-rock/ though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
>http://www.mtv.com/news/2793656/rip-indie-rock/

thoughts on this article /mu/?
>>
fuck off
>>
>>63331729
>>
*sighs*

I hate to say it fellas but this article is absolutely right. Indie rock is a white man's playground with little to no POC. It needs to stop. It's 2016 and it's getting ridiculous. Now watch underage racist anons attack me.
*sips tea*
>>
File: avril-is-confused-500x375.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
avril-is-confused-500x375.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
I would agree for the most part, but the counterexamples they give are arguably as egregious as anything on DIIV or Porches' albums.

Though the real question I have is how MTV of all sites is in a position to write this article when they practically endorse the very practice they're criticizing in way more genres than just indie rock. Maybe this is just another case of "The Unbearable Whiteness of Indie" and they're trying to appeal to the SJW crowd?
>>
>mfw prog is even whiter than indie rock but normies don't listen to prog so they don't bother bitching about it

Who /immune/ here?
>>
At first it seemed very valid in the way it described the mundanity and staleness of indie. But the fact that they went on to show these female artist who evoke something so "real" and "emotional" just shows that it was all a male hate agenda. The female artist basically follow their own cliche of either airy-folky twee, or dance-y synth pop.
>>
>>63332171
how many nigga prog bands even exist
>>
>>63333883
I count early Funkadelic, but maybe the rest of /mu/ won't
>>
File: 1385779583104_0.jpg (29 KB, 482x526) Image search: [Google]
1385779583104_0.jpg
29 KB, 482x526
>>63331827
>Sips tea
>COME ON GUYS IT'S (Current Year)
>>
>>63333807
Yeah seriously. Indie rock is boring as fuck but so are half-assed "progressive" editorials. These posers think it's intellectually stimulating to disparage white males with no further examination.
>>
>>63333997
not being able to detect sarcasm is a common symptom of aspergers
>>
>The white male voice
>THE
>white male voice

These fucking clowns could watch Vidal vs. Buckley, Jr and walk away thinking they were on the same side.
>>
Pitchkuk and its devotees pushed these shitty bands in the first place. Now they're trying to make people feel bad for liking them lmao.
>>
why is everyone turning into a pussy these days, the fuck happened around 2010
>>
>>63331658
lol wut, this article is incomprehensible garbage, dear lord, this is worse than pitchfork at it's worst
>>
>>63334292
Facebook happened, normies invaded the internet and leftists used it to their advantage.
>>
>>63334292
White betas are susceptible to this sort of college campus circlejerk brainwashing, mistakenly believing that by disparaging their own kin they will be able to stick their penis in disgusting blobs like that one editorial writer for p4k.
>>
>>63334356
I can't even wonder how young are you if you think it's with facebook when 'normies' invaded the internet
>>
>>63334292
da joos are speeding up their agenda
>>
>>63334356
>leftists are the root of all evil
gb2 /pol/
also, there are rightwingers that engage in the same sort of tactics the SJWs do, I mean that's exactly what the MRA "movement" is.
>>
>>63334439
myspace was mostly used by people below 30, facebook brought everyone and their grandparents on it, and businesses
>>
>>63334517
they were already on, all facebook did was provide a place for everyone that was already on the internet to converge, sure people that didn't use the internet beforehand started using facebook to keep in touch with people, but they generally stay to facebook and don't really venture out to the rest of the internet. Also it isn't old people and jocks that are SJWs so your argument is null and void.
>>
>Chvrches
>Porches
These faggot band names need to stop.
>>
>>63332171
what happened to the voice of geddy lee?
>>
>>63334586
>>63334517
also you are very very very naive if you think facebook is what brought businesses onto the internet, the internet had been starting to be corperatized since the late 90s
>>
SJW faggot whining that white indie bands aren't political enough for him.

That's a million times more fucking boring than DIIV.

No one is less interesting, less useful, and more easily replaced than these white prog drones. They're like ants.
>>
>>63334613
>acting like you have never heard of Chvrches before
>>
File: 1425746910564.jpg (26 KB, 720x575) Image search: [Google]
1425746910564.jpg
26 KB, 720x575
>At a time when pop music is at the vanguard of so many powerful ideas, identities, and sounds
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>63334647
it was always bad
>>
>>63334691
>>>/pol/
>>
>>63334702
I've heard of Chvrches before. I'm saying that that name and Porches and similar names are some stupid as shit and need to be dropped. Especially because they're both synthpop garbage and I never want to hear of them again.
>>
>>63334752
similar sounding band names have existed for forever, you are just a paranoid fuck if you think they are consciously copying each others name.
>>
>>63334752
>I don't like something so it shouldn't exist and no one else should like it, also their band names r bad and they are stinky doo doo heads

you realize you are acting like a child throwing a tantrum, right?
>>
>>63334716
how did it get so high?
>>
>>63334292

It all comes down to university degrees not having any value anymore.

Everyone who was young(ish) in the late 80s and 90s swallowed the 2 biggest lies of their generation:
1) If you go to university and get a degree you can do anything you want in life!
2) What's really important in life is doing what you love!

So a whole bunch of people went into universities and colleges in shit programs and now these people are the night shift managers of fast food places.

Now you go further into the next generation. The younger people know about this university BS. They know that a bachelor's doesn't mean shit to no one anymore. So they stay in school forever trying to get a masters or a doctorate or whatever else.

Now you might think this is great because hey everyone is getting more educated! But yes and no. Before, college and university was a stepping for young adults to go into the "real world", the marketplace, whatever you want to call it.

But now, young people stay at university or college until they're like 29. Now we have a bunch of "professional students" who know nothing but school. A bunch of people who's life is entirely within the confines of their campus, and this for many years to come.

And this can easily explain the recent BS of safe spaces and leftist SJW crap. Nowadays young people view university as their home, a home they don't want to leave because they know the "real world" is hard and harsh.

Ultimately this leads to a wimpification of young minds.
>>
>>63331658
Didn't Pitchfork publish something very similar to this three months ago? MTV is so far behind the curve that even their clickbait is lagging.
>>
>>63331658
yo that's isaac brock or conor oberst?
>>
>>63334955
so when is this shit all gonna collapse? there are countless kids in their early 20's placing all their bets on some crap like sociology or womens' studies with tons of debt that they can't pay. not trying to sound like a STEM asshole but all these kids will be FUCKED
>>
Article is shit. Indie rock died in 2013 not 2009.
>>
>>63334923
I wonder if he talks like an ordinary guy?
>>
>>63331658
The only thing more lukewarm and lacking in conviction than modern indie is modern music journalism. Sometimes I wish clickbait articles really were as inflammatory as their headlines, just so the kneejerk response was justified. We all know they want to declare white musicians haram, just do it and laugh at the carnage.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.