[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When this album first came out it was the first i had heard of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: chance the rapper.jpg (7 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
chance the rapper.jpg
7 KB, 186x186
When this album first came out it was the first i had heard of chance the rapper...
however, after a few more song releases I'm beginning to see him as a talented one trick pony... Thoughts /mu/?
pic related
>>
stop making rap threads
>>
>>63320657

>Ultralight Beam happened
>he's just a one trick pony

ok
>>
>>63320687
any recent stuff he's done all sounds the same. All the "AH" sounds are starting to lose there affect.
>>
NaNa is the only good song on that mixtape, the rest its annoying bullshit
>>
>>63320758
The last few tracks he released didn't have many AH's on them though.
>>
Surf was shit.
>>
For the most part I really dislike rap
But I don't hate Chance the Rapper
>>
If Ultralight Beam is reflective of his next LP, I'm excited. If it's Acid Rap 2 he can get in the fucking sea.
>>
>>63322486
Nah it wasn't. It was grossly underrated.
>>
>>63323941
>I have probably heard 40 rap albums total, if that
>>
>>63324100
This mostly. I really want him to do something fresh and new. I would still listen to and probably enjoy something along the lines of Acid Rap 2, but I'd be pretty disappointed.
>>
>>63322486
This

After hearing Sunday Candy, the rest of the album was a massive letdown
>>
>>63324138
>hu is bdk
>>
I agree, I love Juice, and the Action Bronson song, but everything else is just meh. He's lovable, but kinda boring.
>>
>>63320657
Is it racist that I keep thinking this is Donald Glover when I see it in the catalog
>>
>>63324357
I think they look sorta similar, but probably not up close
>>
>>63324357
It doesn't help that they sound the exact same.
>>
>>63320666
Kill yourself satanic rockist
>>
>>63324669
Live in pain xtian hoodrat
>>
>>63324578
Gambino's voice is deeper. Just listen to Favorite Song.
>>
I enjoyed parts of Acid Rap, but I don't see why people are treating him like the next big thing
>>
>>63320657
I thought Acid Rap was a solid 8/10 or even 9, but didn't really check out his other stuff, should I check 10 Day and Surf?
>>
Acid Rap really was only good because of his producers. His lyrical content is pretty mediocre, with the exception of songs like Chain Smoker and sometimes his flow is alright.
>>
>>63324700
Trv cvlt
>>
>>63325024
10 day has a few decent songs, 1 or 2 great ones
The first song and Sunday Candy are as good as it gets on Surf
>>
>>63320657
he's always been memerap trash
>>
>>63325024
10 day is cool because it almost sounds amateur but still has great songs. Prom Night, Brain Cells, and Hey Ma are some of his best songs.

Don't listen to Surf expecting a Chance the Rapper album and you might like it.
>>
>>63320758
He hardly does "AH" anymore. Go listen to Israel and tell me he's a one trick pony.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.