[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe the moment when you realized that Loveless is the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: R-243919-1342985892-2888.jpeg.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
R-243919-1342985892-2888.jpeg.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
Describe the moment when you realized that Loveless is the best album of all time
>>
When Aaron touched me inappropriately
>>
File: Since_i_left_you.jpg (547 KB, 562x488) Image search: [Google]
Since_i_left_you.jpg
547 KB, 562x488
>>63316340
I remember it as the moment directly preceding my realization that this is the best album of all time
>>
well so i was thinking about music and i thought to myself "yeah there aren't many albums as good as loveless, i mean damn i could listen to it over and over, it is one of the driving forces behind my interest in shoegaze, hmmm, yeah its bretty gud."
>>
I was baked AF, listening to Blown A Wish while staring into my lava lamp. The part towards the end where Bilinda starts harmonizing with herself was when my eyes started getting misty from the immense amount of joy I was experiencing.
>>
Not the best of all time, but this album just fucking clicked for me and it is amazing.
>>
This shit album killed their record label and Oasis ended up saving it.
>>
"Now that I have heard this, my 90th album, I can rest assured I have heard the magnum opus of music, and, perhaps, art as well."
>>
>>63316340
I listened to it once or twice in the background while doing other things. Then one day I listened to it without any distractions and I was captivated.
>>
>>63316451

had the same experience but listening to Pink Floyd's Any Colour You Like on mushrooms

blown a wish is like the shoegaze equivalent to that song
>>
The second time I listened to it around Heaven's Blade or Cold Cell
>>
File: The_Falling_Man.jpg (26 KB, 340x432) Image search: [Google]
The_Falling_Man.jpg
26 KB, 340x432
I'm not at all qualified to make that judgment but to answer your question it was on 9/11/01 and I was watching silenced news footage of people falling from the towers as they burned.
>>
File: Times6.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
Times6.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1667
>first time in New York
>visit Times Square, turns out it's an awful tourist trap
>it starts snowing
>listen to Loveless as I walk through all the people
>feel like I'm in a movie

pic related, it's from that day
>>
It was about 5 in the morning and I haven't slept in over 24 hours. I've listened to parts of loveless before but didn't really care about it. Me and my girlfriend were stoned and we had just fought so I was in a funk. We were listening to it and that's when I realized how hypnotic and dreamy and big the music was.
>>
>>63318041
Noice shot. I've started associating Sometimes with early morning Tokyo after watching Lost In Translation.
>>
>>63318041
fugg i wanna go to new york
>>
I still don't like it much. The only song I love is When You Sleep.
>>
One day I was listening to it for like the 60th time and I was like "man you know what, can I even think of an album that's better than this, let's see there's uh, well...well shit."
>>
>first track plays
damn dis is gud
>touched plays
alright im done listening to this
>>
>>63316340
As cliché as this might sound, for me it happened last Christmas when I was driving to my house after visiting my parents; the chilly air, mixed with Loveless made me feel really... good, I guess.

I still can't recreate that moment, but oh well.
>>
Loveless is the closest thing to pure emotion that sound can get, not even that big of a shoegaze fan
>>
>>63318041
Holy shit which month is this? May?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.